Events

welsh_gal

Can someone please explain this to me :D

Event cache - How do you prove that you were at an event? Say there was an event near me and I turned up what would I have to do? What about mega events with over 500 people? I'm interested to know how you log yourself as being there and what procedures are in place to stop cheaters :D

I know there is an answer to this but I just cant seem to find it!

Thanks in advance!

welsh_gal_q8

Most have a logbook.

Most people will remember talking to you.

Why are you concerned? Are there people claiming on attending an event but not actually doing so? What's that matter to you?

Thanks for the reply

I have never been to an event and haven't managed to find any protocol for them either. I had no idea they had a log book. Also I don't remember saying I thought anyone had cheated, only interested in how they work :D

Can someone please explain this to me :D

Event cache - How do you prove that you were at an event? Say there was an event near me and I turned up what would I have to do? What about mega events with over 500 people? I'm interested to know how you log yourself as being there and what procedures are in place to stop cheaters :D

I know there is an answer to this but I just cant seem to find it!

Thanks in advance!

welsh_gal_q8

I've never heard of anyone claiming to be at an event they didn't actually attend. But most events have a log book to sign, and there are usually lots of people snapping pix.

:D Most of the ones that have been around me in the past have been on military bases :D

If they are not open to the public then they are violating part of the events guidelines.

That is, if you can't get on those bases without permission.

There is a Goodwill Industries Thrift Shop on a base near me. I'd love to visit it.

I've been to all, and have georeferenced all, the locations of over 150 Goodwills, Salvation Army's, and Savers all over New England, and a few in Maryland & Delaware. All I know of, expect for that one.

Edited by trainlove

Hello welsh gal q8

If you are likely to be back in north Wales for your summer holidays and you're thinking of attending an event in that area you may be interested to know of the regional geocaching forum that has recently been set up for that part of the UK:

Deva CHiNWag

Many events here in UK take the form of lunchtime or evening meets at local Pubs where there may be no more than 20 - 30 people. Any new cacher attending one will soon be noticed and made welcome :) . As others have said, there's usually a log book to sign - Often the Event organiser will have it or, in the case of a much larger event, it may simply be a large book on a table somewhere in the main reception area.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about attending events, then ask away!

MrsB :blink:

Hello welsh gal q8

If you are likely to be back in north Wales for your summer holidays and you're thinking of attending an event in that area you may be interested to know of the regional geocaching forum that has recently been set up for that part of the UK:

Deva CHiNWag

Many events here in UK take the form of lunchtime or evening meets at local Pubs where there may be no more than 20 - 30 people. Any new cacher attending one will soon be noticed and made welcome :) . As others have said, there's usually a log book to sign - Often the Event organiser will have it or, in the case of a much larger event, it may simply be a large book on a table somewhere in the main reception area.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about attending events, then ask away!

MrsB :blink:

Thanks for the link! Great to know there is a regional forum too! And thanks for the information about events, cant wait to go to my first one now!

Most have a logbook.

Most people will remember talking to you.

Why are you concerned? Are there people claiming on attending an event but not actually doing so? What's that matter to you?

Can't a cacher ask a question without being jumped on and grilled? Yikes! :)

Amen!

Second that Amen!

I wasn't going to say anything but I thought it was a bit harsh considering it was my first post ever on the forums :blink: