What does PAF mean and DON't tell me to go to FAQ!

bigdogsrule

What does PAF mean? I try to access FAQ but when I click on acronyms, it simply goes back to the same index page and does NOT link to any other page. Please can someone simply tell me what this acronym means.

Frustration.

Bigdogs aren't ruling right now.

Google is your friend..

Google search for geocaching PAF

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—

Edited by FunnyNose

What does PAF mean? I try to access FAQ but when I click on acronyms, it simply goes back to the same index page and does NOT link to any other page. Please can someone simply tell me what this acronym means.

Frustration.

For a lot of hides in the Pacific Northwest it could mean Pick A Fern. :blink:

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—

that's not the way I heard it....

"Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day & drink beer."

From "A River Runs Through It"

My father was

a Presbyterian minister...

and a fly-fisherman.

Though it is true that one day a week

was given over wholly to religion...

even then he told us about

Christ's disciples being fishermen.

And we were left to assume,

as my younger brother Paul and I did...

that all first-class fishermen on the

Sea of Galilee were fly-fishermen...

and that John, the favorite,

was a dry fly-fisherman.

Frustration.

For a lot of hides in the Pacific Northwest it could mean Pick A Fern. :laughing:

:laughing:

PAF is english for FAP (Força Aérea Portuguesa) that means Portuguese Air Force.

When you see that indication, you must call +351 FORCA AEREA give them the coordinates where you are, the secret password BOMBARDEAMENTO AEREO URGENTE and in a few minutes (depending where you are) you'll have a portuguese bomber attacking your location... :shocked:

that's not the way I heard it....

"Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day & drink beer."

I prefer

"Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. Set a man afire, and you keep him warm for life."

Which while most of the links in that post don't work, you would find the one to GeoLex which is pretty much the best resource for these definitions.

I hadn't noticed that. Actually all the links are broken, to one degree or another. Mine's the only one that still shows the info, and directs you to the right site. I'll see if I can't drop a hint to someone, and get these fixed or removed.

Edited by Prime Suspect