72 hours+ since cache submitted and no review?!

I hid a cache in North Dakota on Sunday afternoon (Nov. 16th) and submitted the information before 6 PM. I am STILL awaiting review. I have 34 hides (combined in Minnesota and North Dakota). I have e-mailed the reviewer as requested in the information for the Great Plains States section.

What is the next step to get some reviewer to please review my hide?

FYI: no new listings have been published for awhile in North Dakota and that is sad since the state is DEAD last in having caches.

Thanks!

I hid a cache in North Dakota on Sunday afternoon (Nov. 16th) and submitted the information before 6 PM. I am STILL awaiting review. I have 34 hides (combined in Minnesota and North Dakota). I have e-mailed the reviewer as requested in the information for the Great Plains States section.

What is the next step to get some reviewer to please review my hide?

FYI: no new listings have been published for awhile in North Dakota and that is sad since the state is DEAD last in having caches.

Thanks!

I find it amazing that someone could be a member for 3 years with 34 hides and 943 finds and not know that the reviewers are volunteers. You are STILL awaiting a review? Did you really not know that the reviewers are volunteers or did you think that your $3 a month gets you guaranteed service? :laughing:

I checked, and your cache report was submitted properly on November 16th. It's properly awaiting its turn in the North Dakota review queue. I am sure that the volunteer cache reviewer will be along shortly to review your cache and a small handful of others which are also pending.

For more information about delays in the review process, see the articles entitled Publication of Caches and Getting Your Cache Listed Quickly, found in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for hiding a cache!

maybe "the" reviewer is on vacation! :huh:

is there a reason tptb don't have more reviewers for an area? seems like it should be obvious to have multiple reviewers so turnaround time is shorter and reviewers have less work and worry.

You would be stuck with me again in MN. You don't want that now, do you? :)

:blink::sad:

maybe "the" reviewer is on vacation! :)

is there a reason tptb don't have more reviewers for an area? seems like it should be obvious to have multiple reviewers so turnaround time is shorter and reviewers have less work and worry.

You would be stuck with me again in MN. You don't want that now, do you? :D

:blink::huh:

I always carry dog treats!!!

:D:sad::D

maybe "the" reviewer is on vacation! :(

You would be stuck with me again in MN. You don't want that now, do you? ;)

:laughing::laughing:

you were before my time so I dont know if you were good or fast at reviewing so i can't comment on that, but we are blessed with an excellent reviewer in surfer joe, but I see no reason he should be responsible for every cache without some help so he can take some time off and find some caches he hasn't already reviewed.

Edited by Bad_CRC

More reviewers means more time spent by lackeys on coordinating the reviewers. Like everything else in business (and customer service), it's a trade-off between resources and service levels. More reviewers would also mean more criticism of reviewers for inconsistency. :laughing:

The volunteer model has many advantages (the obvious one is "saving Groundspeak money", which is more ot less the same as "not charging $4.99 per cache published), but one of the disadvantages is that when you aren't paying people, you can't expect them to be on duty 24/7 or limit their vacation time.

This wouldn't be a problem if Vinny would stop kidnapping reviewers.

Sheesh! Could you just stop with the whining? :laughing: It is a matter of public record that I have not kidnapped a reviewer in over eight months, almost nine months now, and those few incidents in the past were all justified, as you darn well know. And besides, I apologized, in front of the judge, in court. ...sheesh! Talk about nitpicking! :laughing::(;)

Thanks for all the funny comments! I went out caching in Minnesota while my cache in No Dak. was published. I took vacation from my JOB-it was Friday, no other explantion is needed for that. The reviewer Electric Mouse did get back to me and say she got busy with WORK (like at a job)and didn't get a chance to check that computer.

I was more interested in what others had done in the past-before writing to the POWERS which I didn't think is necessary, since it was only 1 little cache and in North Dakota of all things. I live in Minnesota (1/2 mile from ND).

I will try and remember to the advice of dropping a TB before the cache is published in the future, but there is no guarantee. I buy SENIOR coffee at McD's, so I have a built in excuse. :laughing:

This wouldn't be a problem if Vinny would stop kidnapping reviewers.

Sheesh! Could you just stop with the whining? :laughing: It is a matter of public record that I have not kidnapped a reviewer in over eight months, almost nine months now, and those few incidents in the past were all justified, as you darn well know. And besides, I apologized, in front of the judge, in court. ...sheesh! Talk about nitpicking! :laughing::(;)

Yeah. Besides, everybody knows you have to "eliminate" a few reviewers before you get one to publish a "Psycho" cache...