Can't log into here using our Geocaching Name?

wildmaninreed

Hi

The Wife & I are "ReedKyCacheFinders" & even thou we have sign in names here of our own (Me being "wildmaninreed")

We can't sign on using our ReedKyCacheFinders account??

We have done the lost the password thingy & get our accounts & passwords to all & even the ReedKyCacheFinders account info too, But we still can't sign in using it??

Any Help Please????

Yes, Logging into here, The forum.

We can sign in with the other names on geocaching.com

But we just can't sign into here with our ReedKyCacheFinders name??

& I have been signed in the forum using the ReedKyCacheFinders name before.

I know I have posted using that name before, Just can't remember where??

Yes, Logging into here, The forum.

We can sign in with the other names on geocaching.com

But we just can't sign into here with our ReedKyCacheFinders name??

& I have been signed in the forum using the ReedKyCacheFinders name before.

I know I have posted using that name before, Just can't remember where??

You posted several times with that name this spring (most recent was in June) I can see that by clicking on the "See Forum Posts for This User" link on the profile page.

Passwords in the forums are CaSe sEnSiTiVe. They are not such in the caching site itself.

Do you remember how you created your password?

Also, if you have used any <spaces> inside your password when you created it in the geocaching.com site you must put them in the password when you log in here, but you can skip them when you log in there.

Edited by trainlove

Thanks ,knowschad. I knew I had logged in with that name here back when we started geocaching. I just didn't know about when the last time I had been here using the name ReedKyCacheFinders.

Yeah, trainlove, most sites to sign in have passwords that are Case Sensitive.

I done had the screen names & passwords to all of them sent to my e mail addy. There is no spaces used in my or our passwords. I'm on many sites & have many e mail addy's & I have never used spaces or _ in the names or passwords.

when I come here, I'm in the geocaching site under the ReedKyCacheFinders name & I click on the forum that is on the left side of the page & it brings me here under this name, Go figure??

You need to log out of the site and then relog in and enter the forums from the website in order to register the changes.

Done that countless times & still can't sign in under our Payed geocaching account here.

We can get in the geocaching site under that name, Just not here in the forum.

Don't log into geocaching.com, or log out of there if you are logged in there.

Go to forums.groundspeak.com and click the login link at the top of the page there.

Perhaps be sure to unclick the 'remember me' button, but I don't think that has anything to do with anything.

Perhaps clear out ALL your computers cookies and remembered usernames and passwords. But be sure you know what all of your passwords are beforehand.

Any account that one has created on geocaching.com should be able to be used in the forums, even those that are sock puppet accounts as long as they do not conflict with the intention of http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Both of your accounts have been used to post in the forums. Both of them therefore exist. YOUR computer is what's preventing YOU from using your other one now. Perhaps go down to your friendly public library and use one of their free computers to prove that you CAN log in under either account.

when I come here, I'm in the geocaching site under the ReedKyCacheFinders name & I click on the forum that is on the left side of the page & it brings me here under this name, Go figure??

Have you tried clicking on the "Log Out" link up in the top left corner of these forums? If so, does it log you out? (It'll say "Welcome Guest" up at the top when you're logged out) If so, what happens when you then try to log in using your ReedKyCacheFinders name/password?

Both of your accounts have been used to post in the forums. Both of them therefore exist. YOUR computer is what's preventing YOU from using your other one now. Perhaps go down to your friendly public library and use one of their free computers to prove that you CAN log in under either account.

Ok, We have 4 computers in this household & can't sign in with our ReedKyCacheFinders name??

So I don't think going to the Library will help, But when we in town again, We'll stop in & see what happens.

Have you tried clicking on the "Log Out" link up in the top left corner of these forums? If so, does it log you out? (It'll say "Welcome Guest" up at the top when you're logged out) If so, what happens when you then try to log in using your ReedKyCacheFinders name/password?

Hope this helps or works here, But this is what it say's when I log out & try logging in with the ReedKyCacheFinders name

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...gin&CODE=01

Hope this helps or works here, But this is what it say's when I log out & try logging in with the ReedKyCacheFinders name

lol, No that didn't works right,,,,wait I'll try Copy & paste.

ok, Let's try this??

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Visit Geocaching.com Read the Forum Guidelines

HelpSearchMembersCalendar

[X]My Assistant

Loading. Please Wait...

Groundspeak Forums > Log In

The following errors were found:

Username or password incorrect

ok, Let's try this??

[X]My Assistant

Loading. Please Wait...

PLEASE READ! As of 4/22/2008, due to problems with certain forums accounts, we ask that you please visit the Geocaching.com forums registration page to refresh your forum account information.

This is what is say's,, above & in last quote too

Ok, We have 4 computers in this household & can't sign in with our ReedKyCacheFinders name??

OK,

LOG out of geocaching.com and forums.Groundspeak.com on ALL of your computers.

Not just the one you are at right now, but those 3 other ones too.

Turn off all of your computers and re-boot all of them.

If you have a cell phone that has web access, then be sure to log out there too.

If you have a Palm or Pocket PC that's connected, then also log out there.

If you ever used wap.geocaching.com on any of those computers or phones then log out there also.

get the drift?

Other than that I can't believe that you can't log in. None of what I said should matter a bit or byte.

Perhaps turn off your router. Erase it's tables...

Have you cleared out your cookies and passwords as I previously suggested?

What happens when you are in the forums at forums.Groundspeak.com and you press the (log out) button at the top as someone else suggested.

More help needs more information. Detail EVERYTHING you have tried, OK?

Edited to add:

Have you pressed the link in that error message that looks like http://www.geocaching.com/forums/register.aspx when you try to log in using your un-available-name?

Edited by trainlove

ok, Let's try this??

[X]My Assistant

Loading. Please Wait...

PLEASE READ! As of 4/22/2008, due to problems with certain forums accounts, we ask that you please visit the Geocaching.com forums registration page to refresh your forum account information.

This is what is say's,, above & in last quote too

I would think at this point, your best line of action is to follow the advice of Love, a Groundspeak lackey, who advised you to email contact@geocaching.com

Here's what I would do:

Log out of the forums using the "Log Out" link up in the top left corner.

Go to your Geocaching profile and change your password: http://www.geocaching.com/my/password.aspx

Then click on the "Forums" link on the left side of the page. (*Very* important - using that specific link updates your password in the forums)

I tried that on my account earlier today and it carried the new password over to the forums just fine. I changed it back and it carried the old password over just fine.

Here's what I would do:

Log out of the forums using the "Log Out" link up in the top left corner.

Go to your Geocaching profile and change your password: http://www.geocaching.com/my/password.aspx

Then click on the "Forums" link on the left side of the page. (*Very* important - using that specific link updates your password in the forums)

I tried that on my account earlier today and it carried the new password over to the forums just fine. I changed it back and it carried the old password over just fine.

GREAT!! Thx's Yossarian & who ever else posted the changing of the password, cause it worked :P

God Bless you all for Helping out.

Something so simple throws me most of the time. :huh:

Wendell aka Wildmaninreed

Welcome back to the forums, ReedKyCacheFinders! :P

LOL, Thx's, Glad to be Back :huh: hehehe

Who would have thought it would have been so simple as changing a password??

I have been on the Internet & have surprized alot of people in these many years of what I know & Can do on the Net by learning from my own mistakes. I sure couldn't figure this one out & this is a first for me too.

Thx's again

Even the Ms. can sign on in here on her computer under our name too. B) & at the same time too,,hehehehehe

God Bless

Mr. & Ms. ReedKyCacheFinders

aka Wildman & Sunshinesinreed

GREAT!! Thx's Yossarian & who ever else posted the changing of the password, cause it worked :huh:

But I wonder if you WILL have to change your password every time you want to log into the OTHER account in the forums, and again to get back to this one... What was the root cause of the problem? There HAS to be other, less intrusive, methods to correct the problem.

GREAT!! Thx's Yossarian & who ever else posted the changing of the password, cause it worked :huh:

But I wonder if you WILL have to change your password every time you want to log into the OTHER account in the forums, and again to get back to this one... What was the root cause of the problem? There HAS to be other, less intrusive, methods to correct the problem.

Lets do a test then.

Test Test as ReedKyCacheFinders

Lets do a test then.

Test Test as wildmaninreed

Lets do a test then.

Test Test as wildmaninreed

& Final Test Test as ReedKyCacheFinders

Well, I'm happy with the Tests. :P