The "EH" Team Tour - 3 Canucks to visit 12 states in 5 days!

Scratch_

Yep - we're crazy. We're flying from Edmonton Canada to Boston on August 27th, and will tour 12 states and over 100 caches (including 10 earthcaches, and the GPS Maze Exhibit) before returning to Edmonton on the 1st of September. Watch for a few (10+) "Serial Kacher" coins as next to find swag in the Northeast!

If you want to follow along - we'll be posting and visiting GC.COM whenever we can, posting to the 'Hunt and Unusual', but are also on Twitter, Vimeo, and Flickr. If you want to follow along or give us good vibes - visit http://www.theehteamtour.com

(No - we're not hosting any advertising, downloads, or anything - just want to share our trip with other like minded cachers!)

Please - send us your very best "HAPPY CACHE MOJO" folks - 5000 kilometers is a long way to go for DNF's.... B)

Cheers! Scratch_, CelestialBadger and KappaAlpha

Yep - we're crazy. We're flying from Edmonton Canada to Boston on August 27th, and will tour 12 states and over 100 caches (including 10 earthcaches, and the GPS Maze Exhibit) before returning to Edmonton on the 1st of September. Watch for a few (10+) "Serial Kacher" coins as next to find swag in the Northeast!

If you want to follow along - we'll be posting and visiting GC.COM whenever we can, posting to the 'Hunt and Unusual', but are also on Twitter, Vimeo, and Flickr. If you want to follow along or give us good vibes - visit http://www.theehteamtour.com

(No - we're not hosting any advertising, downloads, or anything - just want to share our trip with other like minded cachers!)

Please - send us your very best "HAPPY CACHE MOJO" folks - 5000 kilometers is a long way to go for DNF's.... B)

Cheers! Scratch_, CelestialBadger and KappaAlpha

Okay, you can call me dumb if you want to, but, for starters, what is a "Canuck", what or where is "Canada" and what or where is "Boston", and lastly, the link you provided for "GC.COM" leads to a parked domain at GoDaddy -- it seems to be for sale for about $1,455 -- and not to a real functional website. This is all very strange...

Anyway, sounds like you may be flying into the USA from one of them tiny unknown European countries (perhaps up by Albania, or perhaps near Florida or West Virginia), and if so, and if you happen to be near Maryland (we are on the east coast of the USA, near the Atlantical Ocean, feel free to log one or more of our Psycho Urban Caches -- the first couple are pretty quick and easy, if a bit dirty.

Oh, and:

Have fun! B)B)

Kilometre - 1000 Metres (close to a yard - or 'Yahd') . Yeah... I switched my "e" and my "r" there. This is a common problem for canadians... somthing to do with the order of the Alphabet and "Zed".

And no - there aren't links to Go-Daddy.com on the site - and if there are - please - show me so I can fix the borked link!

See if we come by coffee while we're in Maryland now!

Psycho urbans? Would LOVE to do them - but something tells me the schedule won't permit it..... THIS TIME....

B)

PS: EUROPE!?! Ok. I could understand that if we weren't on the same continent... Remember Canada? It's just North of Mexico after you cross that big BUSH in the middle...

B)

Kilometre - 1000 Metres (close to a yard - or 'Yahd') . Yeah... I switched my "e" and my "r" there. This is a common problem for canadians... somthing to do with the order of the Alphabet and "Zed".

And no - there aren't links to Go-Daddy.com on the site - and if there are - please - show me so I can fix the borked link!

See if we come by coffee while we're in Maryland now!

Psycho urbans? Would LOVE to do them - but something tells me the schedule won't permit it..... THIS TIME....

B)

PS: EUROPE!?! Ok. I could understand that if we weren't on the same continent... Remember Canada? It's just North of Mexico after you cross that big BUSH in the middle...

B)

Thanks for your reply. Wow! Fancy that! I learn something new every day! You do seem to be right in your assertion about this "Canada" thing. It seems that there is indeed a country located just north of the USA, at least that is what I see from my brief search of the Interweb. I had never realized that. I had always thought that when you go north from the US northern border you pass through Alaska and then you hit the arctic circle, which is full of icebergs and polar bears and seals, and then there is the North Pole, where there is some kind of nightclub, and I never knew that there was anything in between! Oh, and I knew about something called "The Yukon" up there near the arctic circle, but I do not know what it is.

On a more serious note, if you come by Maryland, and will be anywhere near Frederick, MD, please feel free to give us a call and at least one of us will try to meet you in town for coffee or a meal (lots of good restaurants here, including Asian buffets and comfy pubs...) Sue and I both work from home (the one exception in my case is when I am traveling on research field trips or consulting jobs), and thus we ar often available on a very short notice to hang out with geocachers. Our email address for geo purposes is vinny111@mindspring.com (vinny111 at mindspring dot com) and if send me an email at some point in the next few weeks, I will shoot you back a return email containing our phone number (see footnote #1). Okay to call from 7 AM through at least 11 PM; we actually receive calls from geocachers at all hours of day and night.

And if you do want to tackle a Psycho Urban cache during your trip, well PUC #1 and #2 are located not far apart from each other and each can often be done (if you do not mind a bit of exercise and getting a bit dirty or wet, and do not mind spiders and crickets) in under ten minutes.

Footnote #1: seems a bit silly of me not to disclose my phone number on the forum, as all my female geostalkers already have it anyway! sigh...

Okay, you can call me dumb if you want to, but, for starters, what is a "Canuck", what or where is "Canada"

That is an understandable question, we get it all the time:

CANADA - a small island in the South Pacific

CANUCK - a hockey puck from Vancouver (small town on the west side of the island)

Hey! Just noticed this thread, and by coincidence I just made the trip up from Jersey to the GPS Adventures Maze yesterday. I noticed you had that and a trip to NY/NJ on the same day. You've probably got everything meticulously laid out already, but if you can free up an hour on the way through Westchester County, you have to try this cache. It's a tour of the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery -- yes, THAT Sleepy Hollow! -- and includes the graves of several internationally famous people.

Anyway, have a good trip, all the best of luck, and the most important thing is... remember to drive on the right side of the road. :unsure:

Thanks for your reply. Wow! Fancy that! I learn something new every day! You do seem to be right in your assertion about this "Canada" thing. [

He's right. I looked on the map. There really is such a place called Canada. I saw something called Europe on the same map too. How cool is that.

Hey! Just noticed this thread, and by coincidence I just made the trip up from Jersey to the GPS Adventures Maze yesterday. I noticed you had that and a trip to NY/NJ on the same day. You've probably got everything meticulously laid out already, but if you can free up an hour on the way through Westchester County, you have to try this cache. It's a tour of the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery -- yes, THAT Sleepy Hollow! -- and includes the graves of several internationally famous people.

Anyway, have a good trip, all the best of luck, and the most important thing is... remember to drive on the right side of the road. :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up - if we're near we'll have to take a look - that looks pretty amazing!

I read about Canada once. Sounds neat!

Just kidding, we Michiganders know all about Canada. They're not too bad at hockey.

Dino - you just made me laugh out loud - I was almost rolling on the floor laughing my a** off - but then I saw this in your signature:

"im in ur w00dz loggin ur kashez"

At which point I actually DID LOL, and ROTFL.

Thanks - I needed that laugh. I'm going to bed - so that I can be up in 4 hours to head to the airport!

w000t!

We're packed - and ready to roll. My suitcase will no doubt make the security people look twice - what with the batteries and headlamps, gps, cameras etc...

Think I'll be explaining this game a few times tomorrow.

4 hours to the airport - and I'm slammed.

Most updates now will be via Twitter - join us if you can - www.twitter.com

We are "ehteamtour" on twitter, follows are welcomed (@ehteamtour) and visits to the site encouraged (http://www.theehteamtour.com)

Cheers everyone!

CACHE ON!

And to quote Dino... who's probably quoting someone else...

"im in ur w00dz loggin ur kashez"

w00t!

We're packed - and ready to roll. My suitcase will no doubt make the security people look twice - what with the batteries and headlamps, gps, cameras etc...

Think I'll be explaining this game a few times tomorrow.

4 hours to the airport - and I'm slammed.

While traveling through New Hampshire yesterday on the way home to Ithaca, NY from a week vacation in Maine I logged a cache that the "Eh team" had logged just before mine earlier in the day.

Just received another log from a find on a cache of mine in VT on 8/31. So they were in NJ on 8/30 and in Vt on 8/31.

I was planning on trying to grab a virtual cache of yours along rt. 7 near the VT/NY border but after three days of driving we were eager just to get home. It sounds like we were going in the opposite direction of the "Eh Team" when we found that cache in NH. Given that they had logged a cache in VT earlier we likely were at the NH cache just after they found it. Too bad we didn't run into them there. I always enjoy meeting other cachers while on the "trail".

Wow. :blink: What a trip!

Indeed - we did meet a few cachers along the way, but I'm sure we crossed more paths than we knew about!

Heres our trip summary... though I'm loathe to Copy / Paste into log entries - this was a unique opportunity, so I don't feel as bad...

"The 2008 Eh-Team Tour (visit link) ran from August 27th, 2008 to August 31st 2008. Covering 2,333km (1440 miles) three Edmonton Alberta Geocachers toured through 12 northeastern US states including Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. We visited over 135 caches, completed 10 earthcaches in 8 states, accomplished milestones and visited the GPS Maze exhibit before the end of it's Connecticut run. The "Eh Team" comprised of KappAlpha, Celestial_Badger, and Scratch_ truly enjoyed the caches we visited and would like to thank the vibrant caching communities in these areas for their efforts."

The final count was actually 139 caches, but due to timing etc. I managed 140 in the week, making it my best day, weekend, and week caching in 6 years. The company was great, the caches always entertaining, and the hunts varied. From 'roll-down-the-window' LPC's to bushwacking - we got a little of everything.

We started the trip heading south from boston, and did the 'loop' to maine and back.

The blog pages on our site http://www.theehteamtour.com will give you a synopsis through the blogs, and we even got to wave to the President while doing 4 virtuals in DC. All in all a success by all accounts...

We'll be back - probably a south/southwest trip next - Palm springs / Vegas / Arizona / New Mexico perhaps? :P

Cheers!

We'd like to give shout outs to Darryl at Plaid http://thinkplaid.com for the website support, well wishes, and tasty donuts, http://geocachingonline.com for the Shout-out, and Darryl of http://cacheamaniacs.com/ for his consistent following of our efforts.

Any questions? :anibad:

Edited by Scratch_

Got a log today for a cache of mine they found on 8/30.

Yeah - the cache outside Edison was a morning cache - on the way to our next stop... We did a lot of those. Our biggest challenge was not doing LPC's ALL the time. When you're on a road trip where miles and caches don't always align, we did quick micros to keep route geometry going, and the more interesting caches that we could find in under 10 minutes. This did exclude a LOT of caches we'd have loved to do (like Sleepy Hollow) but that's the nature of the beast. Were I to do it over, I'd spend 5 days in 3 states (now that we have finds in all 12 of course :anibad: ).

Just received another log from a find on a cache of mine in VT on 8/31. So they were in NJ on 8/30 and in Vt on 8/31.

I was planning on trying to grab a virtual cache of yours along rt. 7 near the VT/NY border but after three days of driving we were eager just to get home. It sounds like we were going in the opposite direction of the "Eh Team" when we found that cache in NH. Given that they had logged a cache in VT earlier we likely were at the NH cache just after they found it. Too bad we didn't run into them there. I always enjoy meeting other cachers while on the "trail".

That is too bad - but the nature of the beast I suppose... Some amazing country down there, and I know I'll be back to get more of what we left behind!