So many micros, so many TBs - where do I put the TBs?

Hey, this geocaching malarky is just some fun isn't it? :)

There is no doubt that the number of TBs and geocoins continues to increase. However I feel that there are less and less new caches being sited that can actually accommodate the TBs ready for others to move them on.

This is not an anti-micro thing because I think micros (maybe not nanos;)) do have relevancy but it is probably a thread to advocate that bigger caches are placed. Everyone is buying 'nice' geocoins, people are launching TBs left right and centre. If you're doing that - do your bit and place a cache big enough to hold them.

Yeah - you're right about carrying TBs and stuff. I have some TBs and micros left over from Piratemania and The Mega. Yes - well over 3 weeks ago now and I've been caching on the weekends since but every cache was a v.small or a micro. The hunts in places were fun and therefore fulfilled the geocache experience tick box but no where suitable to place TBs. It wasn't until down Oxfordshire way on the M40 a few days ago that I could dump the 13 TBs/ coins in proper place.

The original idea would have been to have spread them around a bit - but in the end, I just needed to get rid so placed them all safe in a TB hotel. A big cache but its one of the old ones, having a GCK cache sequence number.

Was this the Oxford services TB hotel? I hope it's less exposed than when I found it, it was within plain view right next to a footpath, with no natural camoflage around to hide it.

I've been carrying some trackables round for a couple of weeks now and most of the caches I find are micros, however I plan to do some local unfound regular caches this weekend.

The best thing to do is place a decent sized cache near to your home, this gives cachers somewhere to drop coins and TBs, and means you can also drop them in there if you find no other caches to place them in. Geocoins in your caches attract more visitors too!

It would make sense for every cacher to place a decent sized cache near their home.

Was this the Oxford services TB hotel? I hope it's less exposed than when I found it, it was within plain view right next to a footpath, with no natural camoflage around to hide it.

I've been carrying some trackables round for a couple of weeks now and most of the caches I find are micros, however I plan to do some local unfound regular caches this weekend.

The best thing to do is place a decent sized cache near to your home, this gives cachers somewhere to drop coins and TBs, and means you can also drop them in there if you find no other caches to place them in. Geocoins in your caches attract more visitors too!

It would make sense for every cacher to place a decent sized cache near their home.

I bought an ammo can specially to turn it into a TB hotel for visitors to drop off any TBs they wanted to enter or leave the area. It didn't really get as many visits as I thought it would and now somebody has nicked it!! B)

Needless to say, with a three mile uphill cycle for maintenance, its not being replaced. B)

Cachers loss!

[i bought an ammo can specially to turn it into a TB hotel for visitors to drop off any TBs they wanted to enter or leave the area. It didn't really get as many visits as I thought it would and now somebody has nicked it!! :laughing:

Did you mention ammo box in the cache description??? MaxKim