Shop in London - Oregon

StanByk

Hi,

does anybody know of a shop in London selling the Oregon. I would prefer to have a look at it and play around with it before I go ahead and buy it.

Thanks

Robert

EDIT: Sorry for being unclear. I know that I can google for it, but what I am actually asking is: has anyone on this forum recently been IN a store in London where they had the Oregon on display.

Edited by StanByk

Hi,

does anybody know of a shop in London selling the Oregon. I would prefer to have a look at it and play around with it before I go ahead and buy it.

Thanks

Robert

If you had just Googled Garmin oregon London you would have come up with this Oregon

LiS

web page says its sold out .. I'd say they dont have it in yet ..

GPSWarehouse says "Coming mid August 2008, pre-orders taken now. "

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod4065.html

I'd call them and ask 020 8893 9393

Hi,

Thanks

Robert

If you had just Googled Garmin oregon London you would have come up with this Oregon

LiS

web page says its sold out .. I'd say they dont have it in yet ..

GPSWarehouse says "Coming mid August 2008, pre-orders taken now. "

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod4065.html

I'd call them and ask 020 8893 9393

Does GPSWarehouse have a shop where I can go to and play around with the Oregon?

I thought that they are an internet only company?

I'd take a walk up Tottenham Court Road. If it's electronic and you can't find it there, there's something wrong with the world.

Hi Paul,

I have a big aversion against any electronics shop on Tottenham Court Road. They all seem to be a bit dodgy and not very trustworthy.

I guess this is just a prejudice, but I have had problems with electronics shops on Tottenham Court Road before (mainly with extremely annoying and incompetent sales people).

Maybe I just should overcome my prejudice :-)

Thanks

Robert

Hi,

Thanks

Robert

LiS

On the website it says that you can order online and pick it up in the store???

Do you know if I can just go to the store and have a look at it - unpack it, play around with it - before I decide if I want to buy it?

Edited by StanByk

Do you know if I can just go to the store and have a look at it - unpack it, play around with it - before I decide if I want to buy it?

On the website it also gives a phone number - why don't you try giving them a call and ask them the same questions?

On the website it also gives a phone number - why don't you try giving them a call and ask them the same questions?

Because I asked if anyone knows about a shop in London. I expected an answer like: try shop x or shop y.

I have googled for similar questions before but was only able to find online-shops, but never any "real stores"

If you don't know the answer to my question please do not answer it, especially not with such a rude and smug tone.

By the way, I quickly scanned over the google search results and found no other store in the next 300 hits. If I am not completely wrong this equates to 15 pages of search results to scan through (I might have overlooked something). I hope you can belive me that in the past such searches have been very unsuccessful for me.

Edited by StanByk

Because I asked if anyone knows about a shop in London. I expected an answer like: try shop x or shop y.

I have googled for similar questions before but was only able to find online-shops, but never any "real stores"

If you don't know the answer to my question please do not answer it, especially not with such a rude and smug tone.

From the website I gave you earlier: "Our Store"

I'd take a walk up Tottenham Court Road. If it's electronic and you can't find it there, there's something wrong with the world.

TCR is so 1990's.

20 shops owned by 2 families.

Forget it and look on the net. :)

By the way my facts are totally inaccurate...but you know what I mean!

Gonzo: [going over the Thames] What's the name of this river?

Kermit: I don't know.

Fozzie: I believe it is the English river.

:rolleyes:

Edited by currykev

TCR is so 1990's.

20 shops owned by 2 families.

Forget it and look on the net. :)

By the way my facts are totally inaccurate...but you know what I mean!

:)

Totally agree with you. TCR together with Oxford Street are just evil :rolleyes:

I have avoided those two streets like the plague for the last couple of years.

Maybe it has changed since then and I should give it another try...

Well the current millets / blacks promotion mentions the oregon (but not the colorado?!) so maybe a branch of either of those would have one... just a thought.

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion. That was actually my thought as well. I guess an outdoor shop is probably more likely to sell a Garmin Oregon than a general electronics store. I might go downtown this coming weekend and visit a couple of different outdoor shops.

Thanks

Robert

I guess an outdoor shop is probably more likely to sell a Garmin Oregon than a general electronics store. I might go downtown this coming weekend and visit a couple of different outdoor shops.

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

I did not intend to be smug or rude, but you did ask for a place in London where you could touch and feel this device. I thought I had provided you with such a place.

Neil

I guess an outdoor shop is probably more likely to sell a Garmin Oregon than a general electronics store. I might go downtown this coming weekend and visit a couple of different outdoor shops.

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

I did not intend to be smug or rude, but you did ask for a place in London where you could touch and feel this device. I thought I had provided you with such a place.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I will try the shop you found for me. It sounds really promising and I really appreciate that you sent me the link. I was just a little bit annoyed yesterday because of how I perceived the tone of your email. Obviously I should have googled myself - but as I said in the past those searches where never successful for me.

Honestly, many thanks!!!

Robert

I think I@d have a play where you can, but I'd always buy it online...

You can get a MUCH better price online generally.

Hi,

that is my experience as well. I just want to play around with it first before I go home and order it online. The only reason why I am interested in the Oregon is really the ability to do paperless geocaching and the touch screen. What puts me off on the other hand are reports about the screen being really dark.

Cheers

Robert

This might be worth reading if you haven't already seen it.

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/first+impressions

Many thanks. I have seen this already and there are a few bits and pieces which do worry me. Do you by any chance have an Oregon? If yes I would be interested to hear your opinion about it.

Thanks

Robert

I use a CSx (and a GPS enabled PDA/phone). Doesn't look like I'll be changing any time soon. ;)

Good luck,

Pete