News of New UK Reviewers

I know that deceangi intended to announce this to the UK Forum this afternoon but as he hasn't, it may be that he has connection problems being away from home. As over 900 geocachers actually got the news from him at the Mega Event then I hope he won't mind if I announce the new Reviewer here, as so many people are asking who it is.

Graculus is .... none other than Mr Blorenge (Chris) :D

<quack>

I know that deceangi intended to announce this to the UK Forum this afternoon but as he hasn't, it may be that he has connection problems being away from home. As over 900 geocachers actually got the news from him at the Mega Event then I hope he won't mind if I announce the new Reviewer here, as so many people are asking who it is.

Graculus is .... none other than Mr Blorenge (Chris) :D

<quack>

Thanks Mandarin, that's offical enough for me.

Congratulations MrB.

For those of us who didn't make the Mega and don't belong to the caching grapevine... Would it not be possible to actually say who the new reviewer is in black and white...

Yep I know, but, I'm sure some have no idea..

NO, SORRY Birdman-of-liskatraz we now have two standards for UK cachers:-

1) Did you attend Harrogate Mega Event?

ANSWER:-

YES:- You are a wonderful cacher, all your children will do well and you know all the UK caching secrets, all of your caches will be approved without question and in fact GC.COM would like you to have it's children!!!

NO:- You are no longer a cacher, you should have sold your house, your wife, and your children to get the train fare to Harrogate, you are a DNF on the Megaevent radar!!! As you did not attend the Mega Event you are a "sub-standard" cacher, the UK reviewers/moderators think you are a slug, blimey it's only 4 Hours by road to Harrogate!!!! Go into your garden and kill yourself!!

OK, To any USA Moderators, I'M JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any UK, moderators, well you are still pissed!!!!!!!!!!

BC

Congratulations Mr B! :D

And thanks to Mandarin for her timely notification, much appreciated.

For those of us who didn't make the Mega and don't belong to the caching grapevine... Would it not be possible to actually say who the new reviewer is in black and white...

Yep I know, but, I'm sure some have no idea..

NO, SORRY Birdman-of-liskatraz we now have two standards for UK cachers:-

1) Did you attend Harrogate Mega Event?

ANSWER:-

YES:- You are a wonderful cacher, all your children will do well and you know all the UK caching secrets, all of your caches will be approved without question and in fact GC.COM would like you to have it's children!!!

NO:- You are no longer a cacher, you should have sold your house, your wife, and your children to get the train fare to Harrogate, you are a DNF on the Megaevent radar!!! As you did not attend the Mega Event you are a "sub-standard" cacher, the UK reviewers/moderators think you are a slug, blimey it's only 4 Hours by road to Harrogate!!!! Go into your garden and kill yourself!!

OK, To any USA Moderators, I'M JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any UK, moderators, well you are still pissed!!!!!!!!!!

BC

:D:D:D:(:D:D:D:o:D

Thanks for that Beds Clangers, you've made my evening! :D

Edited by arock&ahardplace

that crown is somewhere in my burnt out flat

Accident was it? I heard that Geox lot had it in for you after they found their T-Shirt logo on a well known commercial geocaching site. My advice, don't trust any of them. They come from the north, like a ginger hedge.

that crown is somewhere in my burnt out flat

Accident was it? I heard that Geox lot had it in for you after they found their T-Shirt logo on a well known commercial geocaching site. My advice, don't trust any of them. They come from the north, like a ginger hedge.

lol, as it happens no it wasn't an accident and no its not the same logo.....

and no its not the same logo.....

Coulda fooled me!

That's not hard to do Jacobite

Eh...........Aye :(

Actually both logos are based on the Geocaching Leatherman symbol which has been around for several years :( [sorry I've not got the link to the actual website with all the variations on it, on this PC :( ] And is copywrite free for use by all.

It was quite funny actually - I was sitting in the camping event the night before discussing with the group the very subject, speculating who was going to be the new reviewer - and the Blorenges were in the group "speculating" with us... LOL!

We've enjoyed the wind up as well :)

Edited to add: A quick search produced Public Domain Geocaching Logol

Edited by Deceangi

Actually both logos are based on the Geocaching Leatherman symbol which has been around for several years :lol: [sorry I've not got the link to the actual website with all the variations on it, on this PC :) ] And is copywrite free for use by all.

Then I stand corrected! It doesn't look the same, hasn't got very similar text along the top, and won't come with your username along the bottom.

My reference was to the logo in general and not the Leatherman symbol, but thanks for pulling me up (yet again), I'll choose my words more carefully in future.

Edit: You know, it would have been a nice gesture to give the members of the Geox forum some credit for the original logo, after all, the community is always happy to share ideas.

Anyway, this is all off-topic and I fear Ruston will come in and tell us were to stick it!

Edited by Jacobite

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She :) ] will stand up and take a bow.

I wouldn't call myself a dusty old person but I will answer your question. There were always reviewers (since I joined anyway) but the reviewer notes option didn't exist way back when.

Lisa

Hmmm Lisa, you seem to know a lot about reviewing and you are a 'girl'... could you be the new reviewer? B):):huh:B)

Chris (MrB)

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.......

Well

Its nearly 1.15pm B)

I suspect they're having difficulty in locating the crown for the coronation :lol:

8f0cbe36-f465-4aab-a144-46ae049af0cc.jpg

Mongoose told me that the crown is no more following a firey problem at his home.... could that be why he lost out?

I will with the permission of the Mega Committee make a official announcement as to who the new Reviewer is. Hopefully He/She [yes girls it might be a She :yikes: ] will stand up and take a bow.

I wouldn't call myself a dusty old person but I will answer your question. There were always reviewers (since I joined anyway) but the reviewer notes option didn't exist way back when.

Lisa

Hmmm Lisa, you seem to know a lot about reviewing and you are a 'girl'... could you be the new reviewer? :D:D:D:D

Chris (MrB)

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.......

Well

Its nearly 1.15pm :ph34r:

I suspect they're having difficulty in locating the crown for the coronation :mad:

8f0cbe36-f465-4aab-a144-46ae049af0cc.jpg

Mongoose told me that the crown is no more following a firey problem at his home.... could that be why he lost out?

Eeek! don't think anyone would really want me as a reviewer :mad:

My powers have now been activated and I am in learning mode. Deceangi is guiding me along the path of no return. Where the path leads I know not but Deceangi is there by my side. He is showing me the secret ways, the secret commands and the hidden knowledge I need so that one day I can proudly stand before him while he says the mystical words to me, the words all reviewers hear when their training is over:

You mug! You should have said no!

Graculus :laughing:

Edited by Graculus