The UK Forum - 7 years ago

Almost as sad as waiting for the 200,000th post :lol:, I decided to have a look at what the UK Forum was like when it started. There are the usual posts, but lots of old lost caching souls. I was tempted to bump the first thread, but thought I would leave that honour to Moss Trooper who seems to be the only poster I recognised from this era?

Have a look here if you're as sad as me: 1st page of the UK Forum :D

That's a great link - I've never thought to look back into The Dawn of the Forum before...

Just glancing at the first 3 pages (apart from Moss Trooper) I recognise the names of John Stead, kimrobin, GlobetrotterUK and lathama - They're all still around. As for the others... "Where are they now?"

MrsB

Interesting... 7 years ago there were lots of double posts, things are much better now ;)

Ah yes, the dreaded Infopop days. Infopop and Groundspeak parted ways way back when. Infopop's gift to Groundspeak was double postings when the old forums were imported into the new forum software.

Funny post. Deja' view. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I didn't make the first page of posts but I shouldn't have been far behind. I joined the next month although I'm not sure I started posting to the forum straight away as this was the first forum I'd ever encountered. That, and the fact you couldn't get a word/post in edgeways with Moss and Monz! :ph34r:

I was probably lurking though! :unsure:

This thread prompted me to look back at what was happening when I joined the forum. I got a spot of deja vu as several moderators/reviewers were resigning.

It was interesting to be reminded of the cachers that used to post regularly on the forum but haven't for a long time. I know where several of them went but it makes me wonder what happened to the others.

Lisa

Edited by minstrelcat

This thread prompted me to look back at what was happening when I joined the forum. I got a spot of deja vu as several moderators/reviewers were resigning.

It was interesting to be reminded of the cachers that used to post regularly on the forum but haven't for a long time. I know where several of them went but it makes me wonder what happened to the others.

Lisa

Yup, I am afraid some problems never really went away :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::unsure: