Thats it!

I have, at long last had enough, there seems to be too much in the way of politics running this forum/sport now, so much so that we have lost two great reviewers and even Dave is stepping away from the forum moderation, which now means I suppose that it's just "Big brother" watching us. :(

A big brother that weilds the stick more and more with each passing week, stirs up the honeypot then runs away and does not answer when you ask why! :)

I can't be doing with those across the pond spoiling how the sport used to be anymore, you can't do this....you can't do that, god it's like being back at school again.

I have decided to use the GAGB forum as my main forum.

I have made some great friends in Geocaching and in this forum and it's been a fascinating experience.

I have 10 days to decide if i am going to renew my memership to Groundspeak......it's a close call at the moment...a very close call!! :sad:

Have fun people! :D

LOL, just noticed that was my 500th post..............................how apt :)

Edited by Wadders

Wadders.. Why on earth do you let all the garbage on here get to you. It means nothing to us and we rarely post anything. Nothing which has ever appeared on here, or elsewhere, has ever influenced our caching or reduced our enjoyment of the hobby. We've been busier than ever this, our fourth year in the hobby.

You wrote: "A big brother that weilds the stick more and more with each passing week, stirs up the honeypot then runs away and does not answer when you ask why!"

We don't have even the vaguest clue what you are talking about!!!

Get on with your caching; the boxes are still out there.

Get on with your caching; the boxes are still out there.

Ahhhh - but Terry's reached the point where he has to drive 500 miles to get to his nearest unfound cache now, and with petrol being the price it is nowadays...... :):sad:

Edited by keehotee

Wadders, I fully agree with you mate, you have worded your message well. As for paying your subs, I would not pay if I was you. I had mine refunded when I requested Groundspeak to do so. I will not pay them anymore until they start to behave like a business, and treat their customers with a little respect.

Moote

I will not pay them anymore until they start to behave like a business

Isn't it a little 'odd' that this business relies on volunteers to do the approval/moderating? Shouldn't the likes of Decieckidorum be paid? Or are they and I've misunderstood? I find it strange that Groundspeak are so 'anti' charity for caches/events yet they rely on the charity of volunteers to operate?

Jon

Isn't it a little 'odd' that this business relies on volunteers to do the approval/moderating? Shouldn't the likes of Decieckidorum be paid? Or are they and I've misunderstood? I find it strange that Groundspeak are so 'anti' charity for caches/events yet they rely on the charity of volunteers to operate?

Jon

My point was paying $30 is me acting as their customer, but I fully agree with what you are saying.

Milton

Jon

No we are/were not paid. I felt that as an unpaid volunteer I had more latitude to question "company" policy and interpret guidelines to the benefit of both GSP and the local caching community.

That of course had certain consequences! :)

A big brother that weilds the stick more and more with each passing week, stirs up the honeypot then runs away and does not answer when you ask why! :)

I can't be doing with those across the pond spoiling how the sport used to be anymore, you can't do this....you can't do that, god it's like being back at school again.

I have decided to use the GAGB forum as my main forum.

You're always free to choose which listing site you wish to use.

If you're not happy the way geocaching.com is run by their owners you're really free to go.

What's the point of creating such threads? Gather a mob to face those "across the pond" and show them how their business should move on?

Just don't pay and don't visit the site or the forums.

It really is a bit like school again, especially with the whining part.

Have fun.

Jon

No we are/were not paid. I felt that as an unpaid volunteer I had more latitude to question "company" policy and interpret guidelines to the benefit of both GSP and the local caching community.

That of course had certain consequences! :)

You and me, both, mate :sad::(:)

That of course had certain consequences! :(

My wife moderates a forum, and gets £30/each three months to cover expenses, thats £10 per month :) . It involves a lot less work than these forums and no caches to publish/archive etc etc. As Groundspeak is a business they in my humble opinion pay the "volunteers" something! :sad:

KoosKoos made a good point on t'other thread :)

While I agree that posters often open the can of worms of "I was treated unfairly, GS is making billions of dollars, etc., etc., etc.", I think it's possible to have a discussion of how Groundspeak could improve their service without resorting immediately to "it's their ball, if you don't like it, find another playground" argument.

It's always an option, but why not encourage improvements here before walking out?

:sad: