Professor Grumbledor's weekly roundup from the forum

Professor Grumbledor

For those of you with a life and don't have time to trawl through the forums here are a few gems from this past week.

The Moop Along - not content like most of us just to collect coins and keep them in binders or tucked into the sock drawer he has a coin room!

Cav Scout claims there are only a few true mystery coins, but uncharacteristically he is keeping schtum over which ones they are.

Lots of noobies have appeared out of the woodwork of late, all claiming to know nothing about coins and loads of coiners rushing to send them some. Nice job.

Write Shop Robert is running one of the best cointests I've seen in a long time, it's fun, go look for it.

As ever lots of new coin issues lately, but hats of to dimkasmir for the Conundrum Coin, don't have mine yet so have not accessed the puzzles - I doubt I shall be able to work out the access code. I'm hoping it's going to be easier than the E.N.I.G.M.A. coin puzzle but I'm not holding my breath.

For those of you trying to think up an idea for a new coin, keep trying, when you think you have seen just about everything done on a coin, out pops a new original idea, it's what keeps us coming back.

Happy coining everyone, maybe some nice person will invite me to the address list, pretty please :ph34r:

HEY!

I'm one of those noobies...

;)

I've learned a lot in these forums, and you guys are great.

Does anyone have a list compiled of places to buy coins? I want to find some to send to the wonderful people who got me hooked!

There is a list up in the nailed topics, it´s also a list of places you can create some coins...

www.geocoinshop.de

http://www.mygeocoin.de/

those are some that I have orderd from untill now... :ph34r:

HEY!

;)

Does anyone have a list compiled of places to buy coins? I want to find some to send to the wonderful people who got me hooked!

There is a list up in the nailed topics, it´s also a list of places you can create some coins...

www.geocoinshop.de

those are some that I have orderd from untill now... :)

I dont know how to translate Euros to American dollars.

:ph34r:

HEY!

www.geocoinshop.de

those are some that I have orderd from untill now... :)

I dont know how to translate Euros to American dollars.

:)

Just use a conversiontool from the net, like this one: Conversion

But there are Shops in the USA too like http://www.geocoinshop.com

Maybe you can google some more?.. ;)

For those of you with a life and don't have time to trawl through the forums here are a few gems from this past week.

The Moop Along - not content like most of us just to collect coins and keep them in binders or tucked into the sock drawer he has a coin room!

Cav Scout claims there are only a few true mystery coins, but uncharacteristically he is keeping schtum over which ones they are.

Lots of noobies have appeared out of the woodwork of late, all claiming to know nothing about coins and loads of coiners rushing to send them some. Nice job.

Write Shop Robert is running one of the best cointests I've seen in a long time, it's fun, go look for it.

As ever lots of new coin issues lately, but hats of to dimkasmir for the Conundrum Coin, don't have mine yet so have not accessed the puzzles - I doubt I shall be able to work out the access code. I'm hoping it's going to be easier than the E.N.I.G.M.A. coin puzzle but I'm not holding my breath.

For those of you trying to think up an idea for a new coin, keep trying, when you think you have seen just about everything done on a coin, out pops a new original idea, it's what keeps us coming back.

Happy coining everyone, maybe some nice person will invite me to the address list, pretty please :ph34r:

Well...Thank you very much, and I haven't even moved the Cointest out of the Practice Rounds yet. By the way, Crowesfeat30 is having an ULTRA COOL Cointest also.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

HEY!

No need to be :) - it was an observation not a critiscim, we all started out noobies, and kudos to those that are sharing their experience and their coins.

The most useful place a noobie can start is the pinned topics at the top of the forum, I would be surprised if you could not get an answer to a question you might have about coins from there. But coiners do have a tendancy to be impatient ;) and want answers pdq - and most folk here will be only be too happy to help, so to all the noobies WELCOME TO THE GOICOIN DISCUSSIONS FORUM

Well...Thank you very much, and I haven't even moved the Cointest out of the Practice Rounds yet. By the way, Crowesfeat30 is having an ULTRA COOL Cointest also.

Thanks for mentioning that WSR, an oversight, it is indeed another cool cointest currently running, but dang it, I'm never going to be clever enough to get a feather :ph34r:

The most useful place a noobie can start is the pinned topics at the top of the forum, I would be surprised if you could not get an answer to a question you might have about coins from there. But coiners do have a tendancy to be impatient ;) and want answers pdq - and most folk here will be only be too happy to help, so to all the noobies WELCOME TO THE GOICOIN DISCUSSIONS FORUM

Talking about answers :)

Just had a peek view at your profile, you seem to know a lot more than your history shows :)

Who were/are you before? :ph34r:

Thanks for mentioning that WSR, an oversight, it is indeed another cool cointest currently running, but dang it, I'm never going to be clever enough to get a feather :ph34r:

The current question can be solved with luck as much as cleverness.....

Perhaps an un-clever, but witty answer might be enough to get you a GIFT Feather??

Can somebody please explain what that invitation would mean?

Invited to go where?

Also a newbe to the blue forum... ElliPirelli

invited to be allowed to view the address list, hosted elswhere and shielded from general public view

Sorry to be daft, but what's that list used for?

ElliPirelli

Invited to go where?

invited to be allowed to view the address list, hosted elswhere and shielded from general public view

ElliPirelli

That list is used by mysterycoiners and other coiners who would like to send some coins to people from all over the world. If you are on that list, someday you may be lucky and get a coin from someone you did not expect.

I am on that list since 4 6 weeks now, no luck this far :ph34r:

ElliPirelli

That list is used by mysterycoiners and other coiners who would like to send some coins to people from all over the world. If you are on that list, someday you may be lucky and get a coin from someone you did not expect.

I am on that list since 4 6 weeks now, no luck this far :ph34r:

Thank you for explaining, that's a good reason to be on that list... ;)

Hope you will get lucky soon and find one of the elusive mystery coins in your mailbox...

ElliPirelli

HEY!

Does anyone have a list compiled of places to buy coins?

They and much more viable info is pinned to the top of the forum, but since its a round up, here ya go!

www.coinsandpins.com

www.personalgeocoins.com

www.oakcoins.com

www.thecachingplace.com

www.geocoinstore.com

www.chqualitycoins.com

www.coinforce.com

www.landsharkz.ca

www.geocoins.nl/

www.geocoinshop.de

www.hogwildstuff.org

www.my-geocoin.com (Europe only)

www.coinable.com

www.coinsforanything.com

www.geocachingshop.de

www.geocachingshop.com

www.coinswag.com

www.cachezone.de

www.urbancacher.com

www.aetoys.com

www.socalgeocoins.com

www.3geeks.ca

www.dorkfishcoins.com

www.atwellfamily.net/geocoins

www.geocoindesign.com

www.castlecoinsandpins.com

www.tsunrisebey.com

www.usageocoins.com

www.TnTGeocoins.com

Edited by 007BigD

Invited to go where?

ElliPirelli

The list if so that traders may have access to each others addresses for sending packages.

Sock puppet accounts are not allowed.

From the guideline:

Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

I am closing this thread, since each of the topics in here already has a thread.