Image Resizing

I normally log my finds from home, using the desktop machine that I use for all my digital photography. This means I do my image cropping/resizing/resampling using the image editing software I have on that machine.

However I also have a laptop that I have been using sometimes when out and about. Does anyone have any suggestions for any lightweight (preferably free) software for simple cropping/resampling software just for cutting pictures down to be suitable for web use.

I'm not looking for a full blown image editing suite just a quick-n-easy image cutter-downerer. Does anyone use anything like this?

Thanks in advance

TS

I normally log my finds from home, using the desktop machine that I use for all my digital photography. This means I do my image cropping/resizing/resampling using the image editing software I have on that machine.

However I also have a laptop that I have been using sometimes when out and about. Does anyone have any suggestions for any lightweight (preferably free) software for simple cropping/resampling software just for cutting pictures down to be suitable for web use.

I'm not looking for a full blown image editing suite just a quick-n-easy image cutter-downerer. Does anyone use anything like this?

Thanks in advance

TS

Assuming windows, Paintbrush. Open your image, "Image" menu ->Resize/Skew --> Enter % reduction.

Or for a more features, download (Free) paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/)

Thanks in advance

TS

Microsoft has a program on their site that I use for a quick shrink job for uploading. After it's installed you right click a jpeg and it opens a menu with about four different sizes to pick from and it doesn't over write the original. For the more heavy duty image editing I use Photoshop Elements.

I use one of Microsoft's Power Toys. Once it is installed, you just right click on the picture you wat to resize and chose the size. Very simple. Find it here...

That is very slick! It doesn't get any easier than that! ;)

If your using a Windows XP machine, the Image Resizer works great.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Yep, I have used several others, many mentioned here, but this has turned out to be the easiest for me.

I'll second Irfanview.

A few others include Google Picasa, Windows XP has an image resizer you can download for free, websites that resize.

Best tool I have ever used though is a $15 program called "A smaller image".

I'll third Irfanview. It's free, easy, lightweight, and includes a batch utility which allows you to resize, rename, etc directories of photos at a time.