Geocaching films

Having not watched one of my favourite films for a few years, I saw the end of The Shawshank Redemption in a whole new light tonight. When Red goes off to find the hidden cache, under a pile of rocks next to a lone tree, it certainly rang some bells.

Despite having seen it countless times, when he opened the plastic bag, whilst looking around for muggles, I almost expected him to pull out a log book and sign it. :unsure:

Are there any films that remind you of geocaching?

Yes! :blink::lol:

I thought that, although it's the book Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption that springs to mind more than the film though. The part where he is instructed to look by a wall in a field for a stone which has no right to be there.

I wonder if it had the official Groundspeak logo on it.....

:unsure:

Mark

I thought that, although it's the book Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption that springs to mind more than the film though. The part where he is instructed to look by a wall in a field for a stone which has no right to be there.

:huh:

Mark

I hope it wasn't a Dry Stone Wall :unsure:

:huh:

Mark

I hope it wasn't a Dry Stone Wall ;)

It was - I doubt he had "adequate" permission to put it there either........ :unsure:

This is a question that comes up... well, every time Shawshank Redemption is shown, really. Star Trek Nemisis (aka the even-numbered one which isn't any good) has Picard and chums looking for bits of android (Data's younger brother, B-4) with a handheld device which gives a distance and bearing. All a bit cachey. Then there's It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.... :unsure:

Edited by Simply Paul

Having not watched one of my favourite films for a few years, I saw the end of The Shawshank Redemption in a whole new light tonight. When Red goes off to find the hidden cache, under a pile of rocks next to a lone tree, it certainly rang some bells.

Despite having seen it countless times, when he opened the plastic bag, whilst looking around for muggles, I almost expected him to pull out a log book and sign it. :grin:

I watched the end of the film too and chuckled when I seen that part.

TheWhoUK

Despite having seen it countless times, when he opened the plastic bag, whilst looking around for muggles, I almost expected him to pull out a log book and sign it. :laughing:

We both said "ooooh he's geocaching!" at that point too! :grin:

I was watching an episode of Lost once and i remember Locke saying "we'll find the hidden cache" or something similar,and i looked at my boyfriend (non-cacher) and he looked back at me as if to say "DONT SAY IT!"

:(:PB) Ahhh, the non-caching partner. You just have to bite your lip some times. :ph34r:

amelie seems to have some aspects of geocaching. she finds a hidden and forgotton old tin with childhood trinkets inside the wall of her apartment and after tracking down the original owner she mysteriously leaves him a set of clues and instructions to find a surprise. there are a few other scenes also that are alike to geocaching.

Despite having seen it countless times, when he opened the plastic bag, whilst looking around for muggles, I almost expected him to pull out a log book and sign it. :D

Strangely am watching this film just now, still a very good film.