Geocoins - who in the UK has the most?

My vote goes for the Klever Boys with 1672 geocoins and 18 TBs listed.

Any advance on this? :)

Along the same lines, I'd like to know which UK geocacher has got the most geocoins actually roaming "out in the wild".

MrsB :grin:

Thanks for the link that slowed down my connection :grin: Glad I am on broadband. The next question is how many different coins are there :laughing:

Thought i'd see what all the fuss was about - Now wish I hadn't!!

My vote goes for the Klever Boys with 1672 geocoins and 18 TBs listed.

Any advance on this? :D

Along the same lines, I'd like to know which UK geocacher has got the most geocoins actually roaming "out in the wild".

MrsB :)

Thanks for the link that slowed down my connection :) Glad I am on broadband. The next question is how many different coins are there :)

No idea exactly how many coins designs are but there are now over 2033 coins with icons (each icon has a sequential numerical name and 2033 was the latest one issued). You can view all of the icons here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoinslistall.aspx (WARNING this page takes a long time to load).

You can probably add another 15% to that figure for coins that use the generic geocoin icon. Some coins also come in different finishes and so that will also drive up the number of coin designs.

1672 is certainly one heck of a collection.

OMG, I don't know if they should be congratulated or have their paypal accounts taken away, lol. Awesome collections peeps!

Or in fact locked away ;):):):ph34r:

I guess the advantage with having so many is that you dont really care, and infact probably expect some to go MIA. Imagine your inbox from geocoin moves after say a weeks holiday!

Edited by Lotho

I think most of The Klever Boys coins are activated but not necessarily placed in caches. Some are for discovering at events - but still a hefty inbox potential. The coin trade page list them as having a lot more in possession if you include those coins which are spare and for trade - and that is not including those missing from that site. I don't mind that as I've benefited a number of times in setting up trades with th

Sue

(625 coins ownedand keeping, a further 119 available for trade - pitiful compared with Russ)