Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
BarbnBen

TFTC?

24 posts in this topic

What the heck does TFTC mean, I just started this on saturday.

It means you're too darn lazy to write an entire sentence and tell the cache owner what you thought of their hide

It means you're too darn lazy to write an entire sentence and tell the cache owner what you thought of their hide

Actually that's not what it means at all. I end all my logs with TFTC regardless of how long the log is.

Very easily put it stands for "Thanks For The Cache," although I love the post stating "It means you're too darn lazy to write an entire sentence and tell the cache owner what you thought of their hide"

Thanks

Derrick & Kendra Perrin

deeperrin@bigboxpro.com

www.LetsGoCaching.com

lestgoicon.jpg

TFTIMM!

Or Thanks for this info Motorcycle Mama :grin:

Hmmm...what about DPM?

Isn't "TFTC" a little like "LOL" in internet-speak? Why spell it out when everyone ...well, almost everyone ...knows what it means?

Do you spell out "United States of America" every time or do you use "USA"? :grin:

Isn't "TFTC" a little like "LOL" in internet-speak? Why spell it out when everyone ...well, almost everyone ...knows what it means?

Do you spell out "United States of America" every time or do you use "USA"? :grin:

I was thinking the same thing. Well except for the USA part, I mean :D I don't think I've ever seen a log that simply says TFTC without any other text. I write it out sometimes or write TFTC sometimes but try to always write at least a sentence or two in addition to it. A few weeks ago someone found a bunch of caches that were on my watchlist so I received the emails with the log info and the person only wrote "F" in each of them. Not "found" or "found it" or TFTC, just "F". I thought that was kind of odd. I mean, even if the person has problems typing or some other issue, it surprised me that they couldn't at least write found it or thanks and copy and paste it into each of them. But now I'm totally off topic so I'll shutty. :grin:

But now I'm totally off topic so I'll shutty. :grin:

SHHHhhhh ........I'll cover for you while you quietly slip out of the topic .....

HEY!! ....OVER HERE !!!!!!

icon_chewie2.gif

OK ...RUN for it Buggheart!!!

icon_whistle.gif

icon_sulkoff.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

But now I'm totally off topic so I'll shutty. :rolleyes:

SHHHhhhh ........I'll cover for you while you quietly slip out of the topic .....

HEY!! ....OVER HERE !!!!!!

icon_chewie2.gif

OK ...RUN for it Buggheart!!!

icon_whistle.gif

icon_sulkoff.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Whew! That was close. Thanks! :)

TFTC mean Thanks for the Cache! Greetings from Croatia

TFTC mean Thanks for the Cache! Greetings from Croatia

Hey....greetings from Canada, buddy!

I don't think I've ever seen a log that simply says TFTC without any other text.

Surely you're not serious!

I don't think I've ever seen a log that simply says TFTC without any other text.

Uh...is it me or are those dates for real? (2008?)

Uh...is it me or are those dates for real? (2008?)

A 2008 thread was bumped today. And don't be shocked by that quote, it was very possible for someone to not have seen a log that simply says TFTC without any other text in October, 2008. Seriously. :P

Yes, seriously. But yeah, that was 3 years ago and I had only been caching for one month at the time. So I seriously had never seen it :D And clearly had not enough experience at the time to know better.

That is nice. I see it often on tons of caches... and some of them are awesome classic caches.

EDIT: Oppsss should have read the whole thread. 2008 and no TFTC only, yes I do believe that! Darn iPhone - not, they have no problem texting a million miles an hour with it, why not on logs - GS could fix that with more education when a user signs up.

Edited by Frank Broughton

That is nice. I see it often on tons of caches... and some of them are awesome classic caches.

EDIT: Oppsss should have read the whole thread. 2008 and no TFTC only, yes I do believe that! Darn iPhone - not, they have no problem texting a million miles an hour with it, why not on logs - GS could fix that with more education when a user signs up.

Frank has a good point, most Iphone users have no problem punching out 160 character text messages in a flash, why log "TFTC" on the Geocaching website? :blink: Even I can thumb out 160 characters on my ancient Palm OS cell phone in about a minute. As many Geocachers who have received text messages from me can attest to. :lol: