I think I have a problem

MommaLogan

I am very new to geocaching. (Hi all) In one of my first finds, I found a beautiful London Geocoin. I did my duty, logged it and moved it on.

The other day I discovered this forum and have been hooked on all of these beautiful coins since then.

This morning I spent over $100 on coins. ON COINS!! Who would have ever thought......

So a quick question....

Do you release them into caches? Or do most of you just collect. I bought 2 of almost every coin. One to release and one to keep. I realize that this will get pretty expensive if I do that for every coin. Just wanted to know what most of you do.

Jenn

:unsure:

:laughing::laughing::rolleyes::laughing::laughing:

Welcome to the wonderful world of geocoin collecting.

It must be pay day, i've spent about the same this weekend. I have a couple of coins that i have earmarked for release but many of the ones i buy i get for my collection. I plan to activate them so that others can discover them at events.

Others who buy double like you did buy 1 to keep and the other to trade.

Happy Collecting, i have my trading list in my proile if you want to swap for one of those duplicates you have bought.

Ljay

Welcome to the addiction! As you have already found out it can add up pretty fast too!!

Around here coins in caches don't last very long so for that reason I don't have many travelers. I pretty much keep my pretty hunks of metal in binders so I can look at them LOL There are others those who have hundreds of traveling coins..

Some people keep a large collection of coins, other people release coins into caches to watch them travel, others do some of both. It is up to you what you would like to do with your coins.

As you have already seen though, coins can get expensive. There are always new coins being released, and there are probably thousands of different designs already out in the coin community, so there will never be a lack of coins to purchase or trade for. If you decide not to release all of your extra coins into caches, it is also possible to trade them for other coins that may already be sold out. You can list extra coins you have in the pinned trading thread at the top of the coin forum. You can request a specific coin in trade, or just ask to see a list of what coins other people have available for trade so you can find something you like.

Welcome to the addiction! :laughing:

Do you release them into caches? Or do most of you just collect. I bought 2 of almost every coin. One to release and one to keep. I realize that this will get pretty expensive if I do that for every coin. Just wanted to know what most of you do.

Jenn

:laughing:

Welcome to this crazy little geocoin world lol

I too am kinda new only started collection geocoins around Nov. last year...I am not to the releseing stage yet...I'm still at there all mine lol

I just like to collect them and :laughing: at them everyday lol

We love to trade coins back and forth if we have something you like or vise versa that is my fun part :laughing:

There are sites you can list your coins on so you can display them for others to see

Geocoin collention This one is $20 year... and this one you can see and search for coins you like or haven't seen before...Oh wait $100? you might not want to look....DON"T LOOK ETHAL!!!!!TO LATE

Geocoin tracker this one is free

There are sites you can list your coins on so you can display them for others to see

Geocoin collection This one is $20 year... and this one you can see and search for coins you like or haven't seen before...Oh wait $100? you might not want to look....DON"T LOOK ETHAL!!!!!TO LATE

Geocoin tracker this one is free

Too late. I looked. I even searched. THERE ARE COW COINS. I love cows. I collect cows. I NEED the cow coins.

Now I am off to contact the people that have the coins that I NEED and then I am off to explain to the kids that their college funds are dwindling and they better start thinking about scholarships and loans :laughing:

Hi Jenn,

I'm still keeping a look out for those new caches in Pollock!

I also collect coins, and as many have said, it can become an addiction :laughing: . When I can, I buy extra coins that I usually trade or leave (unactivated) in caches for others to find. I don't bother activating them and releasing them, just because I remember so vividly the first unactivated coin that I found in a cache.

Hope all's well... give me a holler if you'd like to get together for a bit of caching. A couple of us might be getting together to cache along the El Dorado Trail this coming week.

~Eve

Oh, Grasshopper . . . you have much to learn! :) It will only get worse.

She speaks many truths :P

Actually, yes, you spent $100.00 on coins. That is a lot of money but it's only about 9 coins. So, it May be possible for you to escape Before you get in further. It is SO addictive :D:):P:D

Never release anything you aren't willing to lose. Not to put you off of releasing or anything but losing a coin is a real possibility. I say get two - one pretty to keep and one pretty to share with the community. Or mix and match depending on the coin.

Well I maxed out my credit card on Ebay before I discovered the forums and the coin maker websites. Then I was buying 2 and sometimes 3 of everything I thought was really cool to release and maybe trade. But that didn't help much as I thought they were all cool. It took a year to finally settle in and just buy those I want to collect or give away (too many got lost or stolen so I don't release 'em anymore).

BTW, my name is Droo and I'm a geocoin addict looking forward to my 2 year chip, I mean coin.

BTW, my name is Droo and I'm a geocoin addict looking forward to my 2 year chip, I mean coin.

Ive seen his trader box and yep...he's an addict! :(

My advice since ita already too late for you is to Just buy the coins you really like- I know you like em all right now, but there are way too many to have em all!

Just stick it out and when that awesome coin comes around you must have- You will have the funds for it. As of now, your doomed-Take my advice...for the sake of your wallet, your kids and your marriage-if you have any of those! :ph34r:

Hello, my name is Craig and I am a Geocoin Addict. I have been an addict for about 18 months, and I blame my brother - it's all his fault! ;)

Quick run away now while you still can... Oh... too late!

Welcome to this crazy addiction then! ;)

Hello Craig!!

Hello, my name is Rod....I've been addicted for about 18 monyhs as well.

RUN....RUN very fast!!!

I sometimes buy mulitiples of coins. To start with it was to trade, as I rarely if ever release. Then I began to donate coins to events or to just leave them as gifts in caches. (I am NEVER disappointed that way when they disappear.)

Actually, giving them away in caches has proven to be a great deal of fun. I have folks who email me saying they can't log onto the coin to grab it. Then they figure out it's not activated.

;)

It's a hoot when they find out it's a gift.

BTW, I am not a cache policeman. I always trade up and trade fair. I don't police others.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

I really like the idea of leaving unactivated coins in caches for gifts. I plan on hiding a few around my neck of the woods eventually, and I think leaving a coin in them would be great.

It is very overwhelming looking at all the coins. There are some that I just have to have because they are so beautiful..... I think I am going to limit myself to 2 coins a week or less. Unless someone comes out with another cow coin :laughing:

Jenn

Hello, my name is Craig and I am a Geocoin Addict. I have been an addict for about 18 months, and I blame my brother - it's all his fault! :laughing:

Welcome to this crazy addiction then! :)

Hello, my name is Craig and I am a Geocoin Addict. I have been an addict for about 18 months, and I blame my brother - it's all his fault! :P

Welcome to this crazy addiction then! :)

Hello Craig!!

Hello, my name is Rod....I've been addicted for about 18 monyhs as well.

RUN....RUN very fast!!!

Hello Craig, Hello Rod...

My name is Naomi, and I'm an addict.

Been here a little less than a year and am totally hooked.... and I don't think I can break it!

*yeah, like I actually wanna break it, lol!*

At least I'm in good company!!

Welcome to the madness!

Naomi :)

<Snip>

This morning I spent over $100 on coins. ON COINS!! Who would have ever thought......

<Snip>

Jenn

B)

I just did the sums and since i got paid on the 28th i have spent $160 :D on coins. Nobody be offended if i now avoid you all for a month as i seriously can't afford to be here... :D

I'm now waiting on Geofairies, A Thor Hammer (Thanks Niomi), a virtual cache coin and pin, a mother nature coin, a Viking Runestone coin, and 25 Geoscooters. :D

Hello Craig, Hello Rod...

My name is Naomi, and I'm an addict.

Naomi :)

Hi My name is Laura and i am a Geocoin Addict.

Edited by ljay

Geo - Crack........ it's very true......... I am addicted too........

I used to call 'other' people 'coin heads'.... now my b/f says "I" am one.

I've been collecting awhile and have a big lock n lock full of unactivated coinage (MINE). I avoided the coin forums for a LONG time as I was doing OK just buying stuff here and there..... I'd get emails for sales and delete some, check out others.... Now I'm back to square 1--

Hunting down coins at 3 am and forgetting to ge up..... trying to get in w/the rush and mainly missing out on the coins, but getting others sometimes. I many times buy at least 2-- one for me, one to trade/give away.

Then the coinstest and things on the forums.... OHHH what fun those have been.... and donating coins.... and making fun trades.....

Welcome to hotel geocoin addicts

You can check out but you can never leave..... LOL!

Sonya :D

KT