A Limit Per Person?

fuv90.7

I believe that sometimes 'less is more'. In my area, it's definitely overkill.

What area is that? I live just few miles for King Boreas who has 1620 hides, not far from posen who has 93 hides, grey wolf and wild rice 124 hides, pfalstad 76 hides, sokratz 74 hides, bflentje 78 hides, paklid 118 hides, rickrich 232 hides, loneeagle_24 80 hides and many others to numerous to mention. I am thankful to each any everyone for there hides, the time they took, the money they spent and their creativity in giving me caches to search for. New caches are published regularly as people find area to make new hides. Sometimes you have to wait until a cache is archived or expand you circle.

I'm not in the Bronx or anywhere near it.

Dont really want to say where I am because it makes me nervous and might open a Pandora's Box.

I know it's not impossible to find a spot, but it would be nice not to have to struggle so much because a few people overdo it.

B

Your forum name is a radio station in the Bronx (see my forum signature, the boro could actually use some MORE hides).....Fordham University to be precise. Is that where you're trying to hide? Believe me, no "saturation" issue here (and even if you're in any other part of the NY metro area, I don't really think there's a place where there's nowhere to hide a cache).

As others have asked, where are you trying to hide?

And as far as the topic - I don't see a difference between 2 people putting caches all over the place (as long as they are maintained) and 200 people taking up all the caching spots. First come, first served, imo. But then again, I doubt any city is completely monopolized ever 1/10 of a mile.

I've "been there."

In my early days, i finally found ONE PARK in which the local "mega-hider" hadn't placed one and the park was just big enough for ONE CACHE.

I spent several weekends scouting and found "the perfect place" and spent another few hours making "the perfect cache" only to have it turned down because the local mega-hider posted a micro on a sign 50' away and submitted it about 2 hours before mine. I was upset. I got over it- luck of the draw. (With the OLD guidelines, I was able to get my cache approved by making it a multi with the starting coordinates over .1 mile away- this won't work now.)

After a few more months of experience, i was able to find several spots in the mega hider's home town that were available.

I think the OP's complaint is probably pretty common among newbies but it is mostly due to lack of experience.

What's wrong with having a limit and letting other people in?

Many things are wrong with having a limit.

• What would the limit be? It would be debated forever.
  • Unenforcable. Anyone can create an account- or several.
  • It would cause some areas to be cache dense, as someone places "the limit" in a small area and other areas to be cache poor because the predominant local cacher has already "hit the wall."
  • There is no NEED for a limit. With adequate experience and due dilligence, anyone can come up with places to place caches- even good caches with explicit placement permission.
  • It is a BIG world. Go out and explore it and you will find lots of places that are cache worthy and open.

The list could well be continued long into the night.

RE: Your TB

What difference does it make what cache it starts in? It is not going to be there very long anyway (assuming it gets found by someone who actually MOVES bugs instead of just discovering them). I've always assumed the purpose of a TRAVEL bug was to TRAVEL. So release it and enjoy its trek. (And I hope, since this bug is very special to you, that you are willing to accept the fact that you may never see the bug again. that risk "comes with the territory.")

I used to think all the good places were taken up in my town too. Then I went to the Historical Society bought one of their books and found a spot that I never knew existed, with an interesting history.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...63-15fba818371b

After placing my cache, a neighbor who maintains the area has come forward with MORE interesting tidbits about the area! My suggestion for you would be to do the same, go to the historical society, or get some local history books. The old antique store could be the site of the original hotel in town and have a fascinating history about it. Even if it turns out you have to make it an easy hide, the history you are sharing is priceless!

CC,

I don't think my observation is because of a lack of experience but rather seeing geocaching from a different aspect. I didn't realize there were different kinds of geocachers when I came here yesterday. Cluesless, I thought everybody saw it the way I did, as a recreational and educational thing that people did on occasion, perhaps with kids or while on a walk. But now I see that there is another group, which are

those who are pretty hard core and really into it as a game of strategy and cunning, much as some people are into Dungeons and Dragons. You guys have a club of your own.

I wonder what the originator of geocaching had in mind and how far it's strayed from the spirit in which it was originally intended.

You haven't convinced me with the list of why limits are not good, although you make some valid points. I don't see how anyone can maintain hundreds of caches unless you hired a crew. Why bother with a cache at all, if nobody takes care of it?

In my opinion, one should only have as many as can be reasonably handled, which I would say would be no more than a handful or so.

It may be unenforceable, but I think people come through when you have faith in them to do the right thing.

You are right about sending the TB off from someone else's cache. I had the same idea already. And yes, I'm willing to take the chance that the bug may get lost or stolen. I have other things from my bf that are just as dear to me. Hopefully, it'll find good people to send it around the world though.

And as far as the topic - I don't see a difference between 2 people putting caches all over the place (as long as they are maintained) and 200 people taking up all the caching spots. First come, first served, imo. But then again, I doubt any city is completely monopolized ever 1/10 of a mile.

I've "been there."

In my early days, i finally found ONE PARK in which the local "mega-hider" hadn't placed one and the park was just big enough for ONE CACHE.

I spent several weekends scouting and found "the perfect place" and spent another few hours making "the perfect cache" only to have it turned down because the local mega-hider posted a micro on a sign 50' away and submitted it about 2 hours before mine. I was upset. I got over it- luck of the draw. (With the OLD guidelines, I was able to get my cache approved by making it a multi with the starting coordinates over .1 mile away- this won't work now.)

After a few more months of experience, i was able to find several spots in the mega hider's home town that were available.

I think the OP's complaint is probably pretty common among newbies but it is mostly due to lack of experience.

What's wrong with having a limit and letting other people in?

Many things are wrong with having a limit.

• What would the limit be? It would be debated forever.
  • Unenforcable. Anyone can create an account- or several.
  • It would cause some areas to be cache dense, as someone places "the limit" in a small area and other areas to be cache poor because the predominant local cacher has already "hit the wall."
  • There is no NEED for a limit. With adequate experience and due dilligence, anyone can come up with places to place caches- even good caches with explicit placement permission.
  • It is a BIG world. Go out and explore it and you will find lots of places that are cache worthy and open.

The list could well be continued long into the night.

RE: Your TB

What difference does it make what cache it starts in? It is not going to be there very long anyway (assuming it gets found by someone who actually MOVES bugs instead of just discovering them). I've always assumed the purpose of a TRAVEL bug was to TRAVEL. So release it and enjoy its trek. (And I hope, since this bug is very special to you, that you are willing to accept the fact that you may never see the bug again. that risk "comes with the territory.")

I like your strategy very much. Your's is a cache I'd be delighted to find and I bet you get a lot of good feedback from others.

Best regards,

Bella

I used to think all the good places were taken up in my town too. Then I went to the Historical Society bought one of their books and found a spot that I never knew existed, with an interesting history.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...63-15fba818371b

After placing my cache, a neighbor who maintains the area has come forward with MORE interesting tidbits about the area! My suggestion for you would be to do the same, go to the historical society, or get some local history books. The old antique store could be the site of the original hotel in town and have a fascinating history about it. Even if it turns out you have to make it an easy hide, the history you are sharing is priceless!

Lots of unfriendly peeps here.

Compared to the rest of the internet.....it's a love-in here!!

And that's why I love TSU (toysoldiersunite.com), i's even friendlier there than it is here!

Not that I'm shamelessly plugging the Toy Soldiers (who now have a division which focuses (in part) on geocaching).

Nor am I shamelessly plugging Doctor Steel (doctorsteel.com) who is going to take over the world some day.

And I most certainly am not shamelessly derailing this thread.

/derail

There are 1042 active caches within a 10 mile radius of me and I can guarantee you I can find a place to hide a regular sized cache and not under a lamp post skirt and not be a multi or puzzle that would still be worthy of the hunt.

At this point in time of this sport, there cannot possibly be so much cache saturation you find yourself unable to find a good place to hide one. JMHO

I wonder what the originator of geocaching had in mind and how far it's strayed from the spirit in which it was originally intended.

In my opinion, one should only have as many as can be reasonably handled, which I would say would be no more than a handful or so.

It may be unenforceable, but I think people come through when you have faith in them to do the right thing.

The game is changing day by day. It may or may not be what the originator intended but that is irrelevant, it is what it is. As with anything in life, what happened in the past is only there for us to learn from and we must go forward from where we are.

Limits on number of hides would NOT be going forward. In fact it would serve no useful purpose at all.

You want to limit the number of caches an individual can own to a "handful?" How many is that? Taken literally, it could be as many as perhaps 50 nanos, depending on the size of one's hand, or it could be about 1/4 of an ammo box. So how many is a "handful?" 10? 20? 2? 122.546?

That's the trouble with ambiguous concepts, without a clear definition, valid arguments on the merits of the issue cannot be made.

In the lead-in to your "handful" comment, you stated as your apparent reason for the limit, "one should only have as many as can be reasonably handled."

I submit to you that the number you seek to define varies VERY WIDELY from person to person- some people can easily maintain hundreds, while other people cannot (or will not) maintain even ONE.

As to setting an individual limit to "as many as can be reasonably handled," the reviewers already do that on a case-by case basis. No changes are necessary.

And in any case, a limit would have no effect on your perceived problem as just as many caches COULD be placed in the area, they would just belong to more than one hider, which I am sure is really the case anyway.

My bet is that if 2/3 of the caches in the area did not exist, you would still have difficulty finding a place to hide one of your own. Play the game for a few more years and come back and tell me if I am wrong.

My bet is that if 2/3 of the caches in the area did not exist, you would still have difficulty finding a place to hide one of your own. Play the game for a few more years and come back and tell me if I am wrong.

Is it really neccessary to be so condescending and nasty?

HUH? *puzzled*

I did not intend, nor do I think that is in any way either condescending or nasty.

Perhaps you should check your sensitivity setting.

Just because someone has a bunch of caches hid doesn't mean that they have to be visited frequently...only when they have a problem.

A well-placed cache in an appropriate container might NEVER need a maintenance visit.

When I first started and was considering where to place a cache, it seemed that all the cool spots were taken, but as my searching and mapping and GPS skills have improved, I am finding plenty of locations.

Heck, I found a little pocket park recently that now has THREE of my caches in there! I think there is even room for 2 or 3 more.

You should pick one person on this thread that you think you can trust and *privately* let them know the area you want, and I would bet that they can find a spot for you. Good luck.

Here's the reason that I think that limits won't work. Especially not to solve the OP's complaint.

Suppose there was a limit. First of all, how do you decide what the limit should be. 100? 10?

The OP, who by her own admission, has no experience in the game, suggests "no more than a handful or so". Ok, so let's suppose we say that the limit is 15 which many/most experienced cachers would probably agree is way too low. But for the sake of argument, let's say 15.

Now, if caches can be no closer than 528 feet (or so) from each other, a fairly large area can be covered. And if they were, say 0.3 miles apart or so instead of 0.1, they would take up more space and wouldn't allow any caches in between them and it's still entirely possible that these special places where the OP wants to place a cache would be "taken up" by these same cachers.

The solution remains what has been posted already several times. Keep looking. There are TONS of great spots available.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama

I don't like limits but they could limit each cacher to one cache every 0.3 miles. This is basically another way of enforcing the power trail rule and allowing several others room to place caches in parks. I don't think this would be a big deal to most.

Edited by TrailGators

In the past two years, my area as become more densely populated with caches because we have actively recruited new cachers to the game and they have all been good at "giving back" by placing caches (some not great but fun anyway). But it has become more difficult to find new place to hide new ones.

To help the OP in finding locations, here's a method/tool that seems to help me a great deal.

1. Create a "All <hometown> Caches" Pocket Query and do not restrict the query in any way. Ask for the full 500 allowed.

2. Extract the .gpx file when you get the e-mail.

3. Upload the .gpx file to Google Earth.

You will then have a searchable map with all of the local caches marked (accurately - not like you get with the .kml). You can use the measuring stick icon to determine distances from one cache to the next.

Then just search to your heart's content.

I really enjoy Confucius' Cats' posts. He always comes up with eloquent and logical ideas. I do not believe that he was trying to be condescending nor nasty, only posting a response. You (fuv90.7) probably are just on the defensive somewhat from there being so many negative posts.

As far as the original spirit of the start of geocaching, it was for fun with friends. There is actually history on how geocaching first got started. I would think that everyone's definition of fun is different. Apparently, the OP is not extremely fond of this activity considering that she intends on placing only one cache and have found very few, plus it sounds as though she doesn't plan on finding many more either. Many other cachers like to see high numbers because they started caching to find something. If you limit cachers to a handful of caches, that will seriously deplete the numbers.

I have one gentleman in my area that has hidden 100+ caches, another with about 40; that is not very many compared to King Boreas and others that have been mentioned. I have already found most of the caches in my area. If we limited hides to 20 per person, I would have nothing left to find. Their numbers would not be replaced by those who want to hide one and be done. That would be no fun for me or other cachers.

In fact, it is not the posters here (including CC) who is nasty or rude or condescending; I would say that some could say that the OP is inconsiderate asking to limit the fun of thousands of cachers just so that she might be able to hide one cache and call it quits. Harsh - maybe, but most of us wouldn't walk into a fitness center and demand that customers not come so often or demand that the establishment get more equipment just so that we can plan on working out one day and not returning.

HUH? *puzzled*

I did not intend, nor do I think that is in any way either condescending or nasty.

Perhaps you should check your sensitivity setting.

I read the above sentence to mean that you think I am not capable of finding a hiding spot no matter how few caches are in my neighborhood. Sorry if I misunderstood your true meaning. B

Hmmnn...I took it to mean that if those spots are as ideal as you say they would have been snatched up early in geocaching history. Or perhaps I should say obvious instead of ideal. It is often that I find the obvious spot is taken and a bit farther down the trail is the ideal spot.

Maybe one of the saturators would be willing to take a cache down, but I'll explore other avenues first. I'd hate to ask them to do that.

Thanks for your kind reply.

B

No way. Don't be shy. I've given up spots to other cachers who needed a particular spot to make a multi make sense. I also spent a full week creating a interesting cache after checking to see if any caches were nearby. Nearest one was TWO MILES. But, the day I set and listed the cache, in the meantime someone have placed a micro within 100 feet of the last stage. I mailed them, they were very happy to remove it.

I'm sure relating the story you told us here to the owner(s) would lead to a favorable response unless they were rude or crude (not many cachers are considering the type of folk who are drawn to the sport).

Give it a shot.....

In fact, it is not the posters here (including CC) who is nasty or rude or condescending; I would say that some could say that the OP is inconsiderate asking to limit the fun of thousands of cachers just so that she might be able to hide one cache and call it quits. Harsh - maybe, but most of us wouldn't walk into a fitness center and demand that customers not come so often or demand that the establishment get more equipment just so that we can plan on working out one day and not returning.

I am not 'demanding' a thing.

I posed a suggestion because of a problem I was having. For you to say that I want to limit the fun of thousands for my own benefit is ridiculous. I wanted to JOIN in the fun, that's all, and at the same time do something nice in memory of someone I loved.

But now I'm starting to feel that I no longer want to have any part of this.

Maybe one of the saturators would be willing to take a cache down, but I'll explore other avenues first. I'd hate to ask them to do that.

Thanks for your kind reply.

B

No way. Don't be shy. I've given up spots to other cachers who needed a particular spot to make a multi make sense. I also spent a full week creating a interesting cache after checking to see if any caches were nearby. Nearest one was TWO MILES. But, the day I set and listed the cache, in the meantime someone have placed a micro within 100 feet of the last stage. I mailed them, they were very happy to remove it.

I'm sure relating the story you told us here to the owner(s) would lead to a favorable response unless they were rude or crude (not many cachers are considering the type of folk who are drawn to the sport).

Give it a shot.....

Thank you, Rattlebars. :-)

In the past two years, my area as become more densely populated with caches because we have actively recruited new cachers to the game and they have all been good at "giving back" by placing caches (some not great but fun anyway). But it has become more difficult to find new place to hide new ones.

To help the OP in finding locations, here's a method/tool that seems to help me a great deal.

1. Create a "All <hometown> Caches" Pocket Query and do not restrict the query in any way. Ask for the full 500 allowed.

You will then have a searchable map with all of the local caches marked (accurately - not like you get with the .kml). You can use the measuring stick icon to determine distances from one cache to the next.

Thank you very much. That's very helpful. Much appreciated.

B

Thank you very much. That's very helpful. Much appreciated.

B

Just don't be surprised when you run into the final stage of a puzzle cache, or an intermediate stage of a multi cache. It happens.

Just because someone has a bunch of caches hid doesn't mean that they have to be visited frequently...only when they have a problem.

A well-placed cache in an appropriate container might NEVER need a maintenance visit.

When I first started and was considering where to place a cache, it seemed that all the cool spots were taken, but as my searching and mapping and GPS skills have improved, I am finding plenty of locations.

Heck, I found a little pocket park recently that now has THREE of my caches in there! I think there is even room for 2 or 3 more.

You should pick one person on this thread that you think you can trust and *privately* let them know the area you want, and I would bet that they can find a spot for you. Good luck.

Thanks TeamGumbo. Posts like yours make me feel better about coming here.

I appreciate it.

B

You haven't convinced me with the list of why limits are not good, although you make some valid points. I don't see how anyone can maintain hundreds of caches unless you hired a crew. Why bother with a cache at all, if nobody takes care of it?

But what can reasonably handled will vary widely from person to person. There are people out there who can't maintain one cache properly and there are people with hundreds of caches who do a good job maintaining them, so any limit will be arbitrary.

I've placed over 225 caches and have aover 180 currently active. I don't need a crew to take care of them. I just try to respond promptly to reported problems. Sure, once in a while it might take me a few weeks to get to one, but most of the time I'm there within 2 weeks to take care of the cache. And I work full time and have a number of other interests and responsibilities that keep me busy. I can see someone who is retired and devoted to geocaching being able to take care of many hundreds of caches.

As far as someone taking up all the spots, I doubt that is the case nearly anywhere. If you do research you can always find some place. That's what I do. I read maps, tourism brochures, newspapers, local magazines, look at stat photos, get on the ground and hike and keep my eyes open while driving around.

Having all the local geocaches on your unit helps too, so when you find a great spot you know it's not already taken.

I am not 'demanding' a thing.

I posed a suggestion because of a problem I was having. For you to say that I want to limit the fun of thousands for my own benefit is ridiculous. I wanted to JOIN in the fun, that's all, and at the same time do something nice in memory of someone I loved.

But now I'm starting to feel that I no longer want to have any part of this.

Quoting the OP:

<_< I want to place a cache but the same two people have monopoly in my area. They have every park covered with no room for anyone else. Why can't there be a limit as to how many you can place?

It's disappointing and frustrating.

It certainly sounds to me like advocating the use of dynamite to kill a spider.

The post is total hyperbole and the suggested "cure" for the hyperbolic "straw-man" is to "limit" the number of caches a single user may place.

If a cacher has fun placing caches and you LIMIT the number a cacher can place, how is that not "limiting the fun" of the person (or thousands of persons) who likes to hide them?

When you post hyperbole as a premise to suggest a serious modification of the game, you should not be surprised that people would balk at the suggestion.

I doubt anyone in the forum has any objection to your wanting to place a cache in memory of your loved one, we just don't see the need to substantially change the game to enable you to do so.

Many suggestions have been made to enable you to accomplish your purpose without "limiting the fun of thousands," even though I doubt anyone here agrees with your hyperbolic premise.

The ball is in your court now. Use one of the suggestions and place your cache, but don't deride the community for rejecting your limit suggestion.

I appreciate it.

B

For the record, I don't think Confucius' Cat intends to come off as harshly as he does. Since he's been around this forums for a long time, and addressed the same question over and over, I think a little of his frustration might be showing through.

I appreciate it.

B

For the record, I don't think Confucius' Cat intends to come off as harshly as he does. Since he's been around this forums for a long time, and addressed the same question over and over, I think a little of his frustration might be showing through.

I'm doing my best to keep that in mind.

Motorcycle Mama posted some links to previous discussions on the topic, so I do see that this has come up before. I should have done my homework and hunted around this forum before posting. I just blindly jumped in, and that was wrong.

A little patience and kindness, however, goes a long way. I'm not looking for a fight. Truly I'm not. And if the majority of you reject my suggestion because of experience and after having really considered it, then so be it.

But sometimes I think it's good to shake things up and an outsider might give a different perspective or see something that you no longer see because you're so used to doing things a certain way.

Anyway, thank you for your post. It helped.

B

<_< I want to place a cache but the same two people have monopoly in my area. They have every park covered with no room for anyone else. Why can't there be a limit as to how many you can place?

If you are, in fact, talking about the highest point in Long Island (as stated on your TB page), I know eactly where that is and I know that there are lots of good spots around there. In fact, last year several of the local cachers who had caches there pulled all of their caches from that park so everyone could have a chance to hide something there. It's something the locals call "resetting a park" which has been done at least a couple of times around here. The point is, if you want to place a cache in that area, any one of us could, (and would!) show you a dozen good locations if you asked for help...

If you are, in fact, talking about the highest point in Long Island (as stated on your TB page), I know eactly where that is and I know that there are lots of good spots around there. In fact, last year several of the local cachers who had caches there pulled all of their caches from that park so everyone could have a chance to hide something there. It's something the locals call "resetting a park" which has been done at least a couple of times around here. The point is, if you want to place a cache in that area, any one of us could, (and would!) show you a dozen good locations if you asked for help...

No, that's not the area I was referring to in my original post. We (my bf and I) put our cache in that park a while ago (he lived near by) but then had to pull it because it was too close to someone else's. Neat thing was though, someone actually found it and wrote a nice message saying what a beautiful cache it was. I kept the note. I don't live near that area, so it wouldn't really be a good spot anymore for me. I might go back and drop off the TB into someone else's cache though, just to get him going and revisit that area.

I have a question that maybe one of you here could answer.

When attaching the tag to my TB, is it a good idea to do something to make it less apt to be removed, like using super glue or melting it on? That would also make the TB less appealing to being made into a toy for a child. Just wondering....

Edited by fuv90.7

It certainly sounds to me like advocating the use of dynamite to kill a spider.

The post is total hyperbole and the suggested "cure" for the hyperbolic "straw-man" is to "limit" the number of caches a single user may place.

If a cacher has fun placing caches and you LIMIT the number a cacher can place, how is that not "limiting the fun" of the person (or thousands of persons) who likes to hide them?

When you post hyperbole as a premise to suggest a serious modification of the game, you should not be surprised that people would balk at the suggestion.

I doubt anyone in the forum has any objection to your wanting to place a cache in memory of your loved one, we just don't see the need to substantially change the game to enable you to do so.

Many suggestions have been made to enable you to accomplish your purpose without "limiting the fun of thousands," even though I doubt anyone here agrees with your hyperbolic premise.

The ball is in your court now. Use one of the suggestions and place your cache, but don't deride the community for rejecting your limit suggestion.

CC,

We could argue the minutiae of who said what, what they meant, etc until we're both blue in the face but let's not, OK? Peace.

I respect your experience and opinions as such.

All the best,

B

Edited by fuv90.7

I'm not in the Bronx or anywhere near it.

Dont really want to say where I am because it makes me nervous and might open a Pandora's Box.

I know it's not impossible to find a spot, but it would be nice not to have to struggle so much because a few people overdo it.

B

What do you know from over done? :unsure:

Your profile shows that you haven't even participated in the sport. <_<

I refrained from jumping on the bandwagon that you are a sock but now I'm not so sure. <_<

The mods should lock this thread until you can prove you are not a troll. :unsure:

I have 200+ hides in this area and off of the top of my head, I have ideas for probably two dozen good spots that currently do not have caches. I'm also constantly surprised by the great spots my fellow locals come up with for caches.

200 plus? Heck, you're probably one of the turf hogs (s)he's complaining about! <_<<_<:unsure:

That's not even close to the record. King Boreas, from the St. Paul, MN area has just over 1600 hides. I'm going to be in St. Paul on business in about a month and will be bringing along a King Boreas 1000th hide geocoin I picked up in a local cache. It's never been in any of his caches so I hope to drop it in one or even in the state of Minnesota.

cringe... good luck getting that coin into an aspirin bottle.

What do you know from over done? :o

Your profile shows that you haven't even participated in the sport. ;)

I refrained from jumping on the bandwagon that you are a sock but now I'm not so sure. :D

The mods should lock this thread until you can prove you are not a troll. :D

I assure you, I'm legit.

But you're right, Snoogans, it's time to stop this thread. Many thanks to you and a few others for showing me the ugly underbelly of this sport.

If it weren't for the majority of people here offering helpful, sincere advice and debating me respectfully , I would have left long ago. To them I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU.

And to the few others who were rude, snide, nasty and otherwise condescending...........

Have fun playing with yourselves....... I mean Geocaching, of course.

Ciao,

Bella

Edited by fuv90.7

What do you know from over done? ;)

Your profile shows that you haven't even participated in the sport. :D

I refrained from jumping on the bandwagon that you are a sock but now I'm not so sure. :o

The mods should lock this thread until you can prove you are not a troll. :D

I assure you, I'm legit.

But you're right, Snoogans, it's time to stop this thread. Many thanks to you and a few others for showing me the ugly underbelly of this sport.

If it weren't for the majority of people here offering helpful, sincere advice and debating me respectfully , I would have left long ago. To them I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU.

And to the few others who were rude, snide, nasty and otherwise condescending...........

Have fun playing with yourselves....... I mean Geocaching, of course.

Ciao,

Bella

Considering the source, I hafta say I'm not much abashed by your overdone commentary. :D

Try going into ANY other forum for an activity that you admittedly haven't participated in other than behind your computer then tell them to change the activity to fit your own selfish needs and come back and tell us how you were treated. :)

I love how you call US rude. Pot meet kettle. :D

:):D:D;):D