Webcam Caches

Locationless (Reverse) Caches

Cache In Trash Out Events

Earthcaches

Mega-Event Caches

GPS Adventures Exhibit

Wherigo Caches

NGS Benchmarks .

I'm sure they'll be interested if you can think of any others!

And define "Caching Team" for me

Well, I don't know them but I think it's 2 or 3 friends/family based in SE England who tend to cache together from time to time. The usual type of thing: no special arrangement.

They do deserve some congratulations though: it's not an easy thing to achieve, particularly when based in the UK.

What are all of the types of caches?

The Groundspeak list (from their profile) is;

Traditional Caches

Multi-caches

Virtual Caches

Letterbox Hybrids

Event Caches

Unknown (Mystery) Caches

Project APE Caches

Webcam Caches

Locationless (Reverse) Caches

Cache In Trash Out Events

Earthcaches

Mega-Event Caches

GPS Adventures Exhibit

Wherigo Caches

NGS Benchmarks .

I'm sure they'll be interested if you can think of any others!

And define "Caching Team" for me

Well, I don't know them but I think it's 2 or 3 friends/family based in SE England who tend to cache together from time to time. The usual type of thing: no special arrangement.

They do deserve some congratulations though: it's not an easy thing to achieve, particularly when based in the UK.

So according to that list if I find/play/whatever you do with a Wherigo then I will be the second, and first in the US, to get all cache types, because I have done all of the others?

Somehow I don't think so... but I guess I'll go look at Wherigo just in case! ;)

EDIT: Went, looked, none near me, and evidently you have to buy a PocketPC to play, I have a $400. Palm and I'm not switching, so I guess I won't get all of the cache types after all!

EDIT Again: Nope, I don't have an APE Cache, we skipped it on our DC cache run, so I guess I am out of the running since I am not going to Brazil or Seattle anytime soon!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Interesting that the numbers don't add up. If you look at the cache types found list, only the starred ones are supposed to be included in the total. That comes to 397 (as of today), not 400 as shown. Events are starred, but Mega-Events aren't ;)

I noticed a difference in my count and it turned out that I had found a cache twice without realizing. Wonder if the same thing might be happening there?

Interesting that the numbers don't add up. If you look at the cache types found list, only the starred ones are supposed to be included in the total. That comes to 397 (as of today), not 400 as shown. Events are starred, but Mega-Events aren't ;)

I'd bet all but the last (Benchmarks) should have an asterisks.

Which makes me wonder, why not asterisk the ones that aren't counted instead?

Until the Wherigo Icon, there were a couple of FL cachers with the full set.

I'd guess, but an too lazy to check that there are some CA or WA cachers with the full set. I'm aware of a cluster of Wherigo carts in CA, and that some cachers from CA made the GPSMaze journey (flying to Chicago then taking a drive).

It's still a darned exclusive club. Mega, APE, GPS Adventure and now Wherigo and darned hard to come by. And if you started caching after Waymarking, you'll never have a locationless.

Looks like I need 3 more from that list: Maze, Mega, and Wherigo.

Knowing my husband, we'll get the Wherigo fairly quickly. :D And if Geowoodstock was just a week or two later - after school was over, we might have gone this year. :( Who knows about the Maze. Too bad it didn't debut at the Seattle Pacific Science Center. :D

Name Count

Traditional Caches * 918

Multi-caches * 37

Virtual Caches * 48

Letterbox Hybrids * 1

Event Caches * 72

Unknown (Mystery) Caches * 37

Project APE Caches * 1

Webcam Caches * 1

Locationless (Reverse) Caches * 102

Cache In Trash Out Events * 4

Earthcaches * 34

Mega-Event Caches 2

GPS Adventures Exhibit 1

NGS Benchmarks 40

*Total Caches Found 1258

:(

I personally know plenty of Indiana cachers who have ALL :D those icons the OP listed with the exception of the new Wherigo deal. "Maze" I never heard of... :D

Well: they don't have all the icons, then - neither have I! :(

Who knows about the Maze. Too bad it didn't debut at the Seattle Pacific Science Center. :D

You'll need to get to the Cranbrook Institute, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan in the Fall for this one.

Name Count

Traditional Caches * 918

Multi-caches * 37

Virtual Caches * 48

Letterbox Hybrids * 1

Event Caches * 72

Unknown (Mystery) Caches * 37

Project APE Caches * 1

Webcam Caches * 1

Locationless (Reverse) Caches * 102

Cache In Trash Out Events * 4

Earthcaches * 34

Mega-Event Caches 2

GPS Adventures Exhibit 1

NGS Benchmarks 40

*Total Caches Found 1258

:(

14/15 - very good! :D Only one to go...

Edited by Happy Humphrey

EDIT Again: Nope, I don't have an APE Cache, we skipped it on our DC cache run, so I guess I am out of the running since I am not going to Brazil or Seattle anytime soon!

Nope again, you don't have the GPS Maze icon either - you're a long way from collecting them all! :(

As I said before...not an easy achievement.

The bad thing about not logging all your finds is that you can't then easily prove them! Never cared about proving the issue before, but it would be fun to claim all the icons when I get there. Also it might be fun to have every terrain and difficulty combination, so when I do a combination I don't have I will log it.

I've never logged all of my finds, I went for a year and a half where I hardly logged any of my finds online, content that my name was in the paper log and numbers didn't matter. I rarely if ever cache alone so my friends and the cache owners know where I have been, and that's heretofore been good enough for me. Here lately I have started logging most (but still not all) of my finds. Depends on time, mood and interest.

I went to the GPS Adventure Exhibit in Muncie Indiana last year with MommaDirtClod and a group of others, spent time with several of the Groundspeak staff there, even still have one of the decorative frog cookies served at the event party (Now hard as brick, I intended to make it into a TB, might still!), wandered through the maze exhibit, found most of the caches in that park, but I didn't log it (or many other finds on that trip). Now I have lost the card with the answers on it. I can get MDC and several of the GS staff to vouch for me, maybe they'll let me log it late, maybe not. Either way it's not important.

I have done a number of NGS Benchmarks... didn't log any of them... though I have tour-guided folks to several of them many times! No problem there, to add the profile icon I can use old pictures to log some or just visit the one at the end of my street again.

I shouldn't have posted here but at the time I thought that we did the Project APE cache in MD while on a Washington DC run, but the folks with me say that we skipped it due to time constraints, and now it's archived. I thought all I had left was the Wherigo game.

So, that leaves only the APE cache and a Wherigo thingy to be done... I don't know why, but the name 'cartridge' just makes no sense to me. A personal quirk I suppose.

I have some local friends whom I can work with who have PocketPCs to get the Wherigo doodad done this weekend, and I may alter my flight to GW6 to return from Seattle so I can go up and get the APE cache. 624 miles from Sacramento, so that may not pan out, if it does then I will then have them all. As Mtn-Man pointed out, it isn't like there's a prize to win!

Anyhoo, keep in mind that a profile doesn't always reflect a cacher's history!

I am of the opinion that it's not likely that there aren't more cachers who have done them all... once the question gets around I expect several folks will look back and find that they've done every type... there are too many folks who are far more active and longer in the game than I for that not to be true! I expect that we'll find that most all of the Reviewers and high-numbers cachers will have done each type.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

if it does then I will then have them all. As Mtn-Man pointed out, it isn't like there's a prize to win!

Anyhoo, keep in mind that a profile doesn't always reflect a cacher's history!

All true, and I wouldn't suggest that there's anything terribly important about collecting all the icon types on your profile. It doesn't make you a better or worse person. It's just another game ("collect all the cache icons"), which anyone can opt in or out of. Obviously, if you've found a cache type but never logged it: the icon is not on your profile so you haven't collected it.

I am of the opinion that it's not likely that there aren't more cachers who have done them all... once the question gets around I expect several folks will look back and find that they've done every type... there are too many folks who are far more active and longer in the game than I for that not to be true! I expect that we'll find that most all of the Reviewers and high-numbers cachers will have done each type.

Probably not, as the Wherigo Cache icon has only been around for a very short time, and the GPS Maze icon is pretty elusive.

Edited by Happy Humphrey