Canadian Visiting in June....

UBC Geograd

Hi everyone...

I am a 23 year old law student from Alberta, Canada, and I will be visiting England (and perhaps Scotland) in June. I am hoping to do a great deal of geocaching on my "month-out" vacation, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest some good places to cache. I have never been to your side of the Atlantic before, and am hoping to geocache my way through your country.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me with regards to must-see places or must-see geocaches. Would anyone care to join me on some geocaching excursions? I can even chip in money for gasoline if anyone would be potentially interested in coming on day-trips with me. I look forward to meeting some new geocaching friends from around the world on this trip, and find unique destinations that I would never have discovered but for geocaching!

Feel free to message me personally from my profile, or respond on the board with your suggestions...

Cheers,

UBC Geograd

Hi, I would be happy to go caching with you over here BUT, at the time you are over here, I will be over there, caching, in British Columbia and Alberta.

One sugestion for a must see place which also has plenty of caches would be Oxford. I am sure you will get plenty of other ideas as well from others.

Enjoy your trip over here

It depends what you're after. If you're hiker, you going find some great high level caches up in Scotland. If you're in the cities (Scotland as well!) and some big towns, like Oxford already mentioned, maybe doing a multi around some of these may help you see and appreciate some things that even the locals do not know about!!!

If you're out and about walking in the UK, one thing I hope you'll appreciate is why we witter on about the weather all the time! :laughing:

I have an excel spreadsheet taken from the geocache UK site with the top rated caches listed in order on it.

Just contact me through my profile and ill send the spreadsheet over in the reply. \It covers the whole UK so regionality is not an issue.

Some good caches in shropshire as well in scotland The death of power will take quite a bit of beating.

....And if you find yourself in Chester or Liverpool (especially as Liverpool is the Capital of Culture for 2008!!) then drop me a line!

I've a tried and tested route of caches for the Chester area that I've dragged few foriegn people around!! I dare say I can do the same for the Liverpool area too!

We would be happy to drive you around Kent for a day or two, there are some great historical caches around the Canterbury area as well as lovely countryside.

My favourite place in the UK is Bamburgh on the Northumberland coast, if I had to choose somewhere for my last minute on earth it would be on the beach below the castle. Unfortunately we are 7 hours drive from there.