Too difficult?

We hid a multi-cache that went live yesterday, the first two stages are fairly easy to find with north co-ords in one and south co-ords in the other for the final cache. Now the final one is quite sneaky because we have learned some tricks from other caches we found and we wanted to make it a bit harder than a box in a bush.

The clue is a bit cryptic and I thought quite obvious. I put quite a sought after coin in as a FTF prize so I don't want to make it too easy, whoever finds it first deserves it for working it out.

However, two have now failed to find the final stage. I called a couple of friends and discussed the clue and the hide and they thought it was appropriate, I'm struggling to think of something to add or a way to change the clue so that it might make more sense but without it being so easy I may as well just describe the hide.

I'm hoping it will be found soon but worried I have made it too difficult or the clue too obscure and nobody will find it. Is there anyone who could look at an email with a couple of photos along with the clue and give me an experienced opinion please? (Obviously not local to the Faversham area of Kent :) ) I just want to know if I should leave it as is or change something.

I called a couple of friends and discussed the clue and the hide and they thought it was appropriate

When I placed my first 2 caches I got Mrs Martybartfast to find them before they were published while I was walked with her, just to check that the numbers & descriptions worked (following one of these I changed some details on the cache page from feedback she gave), she didn't log the finds though. Perhaps your friends could do the same for you?

I've emailed pictures to Haggis Hunter, my son went back to check the co-ords and they are spot on. Thank you for your advice and help, I suppose we all have different thought patterns and mine is a bit warped :) My friends were family in Durham (I don't have any friends really), a bit far for them to travel but I think there may be some local(ish) cachers who will 'get it' when they go to look. If they don't find it I will know it's too obscure.

Edited by Team Skully

There are log books because at first I was going to make it two with a bonus but although they were more than the correct distance apart by following the paths round the fenced off areas, they were too close to each other when measured in a direct line so they had to be published as a multi. I haven't been back to get the logs out of the first two. One is a micro, the other is a largish box with lots of goodies and I wanted something child friendly, I left it so that even if the last one wasn't found, children would still get to trade goodies in the easier one.

Hi Team skully, I done the cache, and Thanks for not telling me more. When I first arrived I done the First part with the workers in there van out side the ?? and thay did not see any thing, as I spock to them latter, on to part two found it as I walked up to it. The last part had a covering of leaves but I found (4) roses and yours latter, when I left I cleared a ring and put 4 on it so it did not stand out.

I would like to thank you again and look forward to your next one D :anicute: