Help - Stolen Coins

NavyBussGirl

;) My bag of geocaoins were stolen out of my car. I never wrote down any of the tracking numbers :D and now I need to remove them from an event I had them all dropped into to let people discover them. Mine, My Daughter's, and my Husband's coins. How do I go about getting the tracking numbers so I can remove them from the event cache page? Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
;) My bag of geocaoins were stolen out of my car. I never wrote down any of the tracking numbers :D and now I need to remove them from an event I had them all dropped into to let people discover them. Mine, My Daughter's, and my Husband's coins. How do I go about getting the tracking numbers so I can remove them from the event cache page? Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

If you go into your account and then on the top of the page, travel bugs mine, as long as you are the owner the numbers will be on your coins page.

As they are activated the number will be in blue in the menu to the right of the coin's information page.You can access these pages either by clicking the links in the event or or through your profiles - top menu " trackables (mine)"

You can mark them as STOLEN while you are at it ;)

Send me your snail mail - I have something special for you :D

I'm sorry to hear about your loss..... coin theft is one of my pet peeves.

If the coins you're talking about ARE NOT yours, your husband's or daughter's click on their icons on the event cache page and contact the coin owner to let them know of their coin's demise. I'm sure they'd much rather hear it from you than discover it on their own.

GREAT NEWS!!!! I got my coins back. The police found them in a stolen car... no suspect =( But I got them back!!! I have 3 trackables on my account, 1 on my Husbands, and 1 on my Daughters. We had 11 non-trackable ones also. They were all still in the ziplock baggie that said "Navybussgirl's coins, please discover". Maybe I should take off the please discover part LOL To everyone that might have sent me coins, I will return them as soon as they get here! I will aslo sent a copy of this message to everyone that contacted me personally so I don't miss anyone. Not only did I get my coins back... I got a huge amount of love and support from you all and that means the world to me. Thanks again!

GREAT NEWS!!!! I got my coins back. The police found them in a stolen car... no suspect =( But I got them back!!! I have 3 trackables on my account, 1 on my Husbands, and 1 on my Daughters. We had 11 non-trackable ones also. They were all still in the ziplock baggie that said "Navybussgirl's coins, please discover". Maybe I should take off the please discover part LOL To everyone that might have sent me coins, I will return them as soon as they get here! I will aslo sent a copy of this message to everyone that contacted me personally so I don't miss anyone. Not only did I get my coins back... I got a huge amount of love and support from you all and that means the world to me. Thanks again!

I haven't sent mine out yet, but will soon...and you can keep what I send you!! It's GREAT to hear this had a happy ending, mine did as well!! I had my collection stolen recently as well...and saw a HUGE outpouring of support from the great people here in the forums!

Collector...people will steal anything not nailed down...and even some of the nailed down stuff! My collection was in an ammo can and a binder which might have made them look more attractive to the crooks, but these in a baggie likely enticed some drugged up goofs!

great conclusion! How did the Police know to get in touch with you? Had you filed a report? was your name with the coins? was one of the LEOs a geocacher?

I had made a list of things that were stolen, among them being my coins.. I had everything except for a couple of CDs returned. My coins were in a bag that had Navybussgirl's coins in marker lol