I Did it! 100 finds!

mrbeachroach

Congrats! It took me 4 years.

El Diablo

Wow that makes me feel good, took me 9 months, It was my goal to hit it by dec31st

It took me a little over 4 months, but I average only about 100 or so caches a year and about 1 in every 5 is an event.

I just attended my 101st event today. Yay. :)

I think this means that Im addicted, and it might stick right?

It will stick if you don't burn yourself out to the point where you start blame others for the choices you make.

Continue to choose caches that enhance your aesthetic needs and you'll be around awhile... :)

Congrats on the Big 100!!! I hope it was a memorable cache :)

I remember my 100th cache...I climbed up a mountain 1300 ft to a cache that had not been found for 2 1/2 years!

Sad thing was it was not there!!! :) I even replaced it, logging a find, only to delete my find in hopes of adopting the cache site.

Well in that process it went to Archival status and I just returned about 2 weeks ago to replace the Lock and Lock with an ammocan and officially make it mine!!! Ill bet it'll be some time till it is found as I found the only legal route up and it isnt much but a network of deer trails till you get half way up!

Congrats again and when we see the "I DID IT! 1000 finds...Then we will know your hooked :D

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!!!

Got number 100 today, statisticly I think this means that Im addicted, and it might stick right? :):)

Congratulations.

Addicted is when you plan your only annual vacation with quality geocaching locations as the primary consideration. Long weekends? Cache runs to test your mettle against your region's toughest caches. Disposable cash? Trinkets, cache containers, and caching gadgets. If you're lucky you stop short of buying vehicles specific to the hobby: ORV, canoe, or power boat. If not, you justify it as "it's not just for geocaching." Yeah, right.

Be careful and, if needed, join your local geoholics group. (Wait, that might make it worse.)

Got number 100 today, statisticly I think this means that Im addicted, and it might stick right? :D:mad:

Congrats. :)

It had the opposite effect for me unfortunately. :) Once I hit about 100, I had found all of the (good) caches within a reasonable driving distance, so I pretty much stopped caching. Now I mostly only cache when I travel.

Keep it up though, nothing stopping you from driving to new areas and always new caches popping up.

Way to go! At the rate I'm going, it'll be next summer before I get to that point. Although my home in OK is a fairly rich caching area, the area we're in now is pretty sparse until you get about 25 miles from where we're parked for the winter! Not so far as to be unreachable, however! :anibad: Hope you enjoy the next 100 as much as the first 100.