Google checkout

Eric K

Moderators. Hopefully this will be considered Geocoin related as I am asking in regards to Google Checkout for use with selling of Geocoins.

Question:

Do you buyers use or would you use Google Checkout?

The main reason I am asking is I am having issues with Paypal invoices not showing line items and was thinking of sending out my next batch of invoices with Google Checkout so would like to know if you would use it as a form of payment.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Moderators. Hopefully this will be considered Geocoin related as I am asking in regards to Google Checkout for use with selling of Geocoins.

Question:

The main reason I am asking is I am having issues with Paypal invoices not showing line items and was thinking of sending out my next batch of invoices with Google Checkout so would like to know if you would use it as a form of payment.

Thanks in advance

Eric

with google checkout, you have to have your credit card right there... on paypal, it's stored for you so it's easier

as far as i know

Question:

Thanks in advance

Eric

I would try it,

I learned I had to print a "PREVIEW" - selected print only page one and stored it to clip to the Paid invoice when I received it. Since paypal doesn't have shipping for envelope type packages, I used the info prom the preview and the address from the Paid.

GRRR,, I know there has to be an easier way, but at least that got the job accomplished.

I have used Google check out quite a bit. They do not have fee's until Feb 1. That is certainly an upside.

The downside that I have found is that after you send out an invoice you have no data at the google site of the invoice until the invoiced party pays. THere is no way to see at a glance if you have outstanding invoices. For me, that is a huge issue. Drives me crazy!

I think Google is easier than PP, for the buyer and the seller.

I disagree. I had serious issues with google...mainly because my credit card company is very protective of their accounts (which is not a bad thing). It worked fine for me a few times, but most recently, my credit card company denied paying invoices that I have authorized through google...thinking that they were fraudulent charges. Then my credit card company froze my account because they thought someone else accessed my card. Like I said, not a bad thing (cause if it was a fraudulent charge, I would have been PO'd if it went through), but very annoying when trying to order presents and stuff. I spoke with the credit company about it, and they said that there have been of "issues" with the google checkout. My use of it was not within my usual "spending habits", and that is what triggered their alarms.

The more I've looged at Google Checkout it has a lot to be desired.

I was thinking of adding it as an option to the store but you can only had "Buy it now" buttons instead of "Add to Cart" buttons like you can with paypal unless you already have seperate shopping cart software already installed.

I think it's a nice idea but needs a lot of work to compete with paypal.