What the heck is that I dont know open it and find out..

urbanscrounger

Hello Geocachers

Newbie here. I accidentally came across one of your caches recently in the sarnia area and didn't know what it was and didn't want to poke around with it. I did look it up online in the evening(not trying to give the location away). I replaced it in as close to the original position as I could. There will be some work in the area and I informed city works that if they come across it to please leave it in place and it is nothing to worry about in the post 911 era. :laughing:

Hello Geocachers

Newbie here. I accidentally came across one of your caches recently in the sarnia area and didn't know what it was and didn't want to poke around with it. I did look it up online in the evening(not trying to give the location away). I replaced it in as close to the original position as I could. There will be some work in the area and I informed city works that if they come across it to please leave it in place and it is nothing to worry about in the post 911 era. :laughing:

Go over, open it and log your find... welcome :D

WARNING :) once you do you will be hooked. :D

Edited by Hobo2

If only all accidental finders were as thoughtful as you!! Thanks. Not only did you attempt to replace the cache as found (something our own sometimes fail to do) but you took the time to create an account and notify us, and also to notify the workers that will be in the area!! If there were a geocaching Hero medal, you would be getting it!! Thank you very much!

Now, go ahead and log that find!!!

Thanks everyone. Sadly I don't have the time money or physical ability to join you on this right now. It does seem interesting for sure. I had to try and educate our city works staff and mayor on what geocaching was.. I hope I did you all proud! I might try and go down and log the find tomorrow if it is still there!

If anyone has done all the ones in the area and have definately done the one in question and need more info on what might be happening they can pm or email me..

Ps, thanks for the welcome! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. Sadly I don't have the time money or physical ability to join you on this right now. It does seem interesting for sure. I had to try and educate our city works staff and mayor on what geocaching was.. I hope I did you all proud! I might try and go down and log the find tomorrow if it is still there!

If anyone has done all the ones in the area and have definately done the one in question and need more info on what might be happening they can pm or email me..

Ps, thanks for the welcome! :rolleyes:

We thank you for helping.

If you go to the page for that cache and click on the owner's name you can contact him through his profile and let him know what the situation is.

Thanks Urbanscrounger for your honesty and help to the Geocache Cause :rolleyes:

With the help of things like Google Maps, you can sometimes pin a Cache down close enough to find it without a GPSr, depending on the terrain, type of Cache, etc. Some folks have begun the hobby this way and add a GPSr when they can.

Now go log your find; you earned it!! :o

Ps, thanks for the welcome! :)

CAUTION!!!! These strange tupperware containers are known to contain a very rare and odd virus. Once infected by this virus one has the uncontrollable urge to find another, and another and another. This may keep on going for the rest of the subjects life. It is unkown at this time why, although some think this is how the said virus strain procreates.

Thank you Urbanscrounger for being thoughtful enough to replace the cache! :)

Welcome to this international world of fun!

I would suggest that you PM a few local cachers and ask if there is a local website and/or group that meets. Look at the owners of caches near you and start there. I found our local website/group a BIG help when I started this obsession … I mean hobby. One of your locals may have a GPSer for sale cheap or maybe even a loaner.

As for physical ability, many caches are wheelchair accessible. There’s a wide variety of caches to choose from. And a wide variety of people who cache.

Good luck and happy trails!

:)

Ps, thanks for the welcome! :D

CAUTION!!!! These strange tupperware containers are known to contain a very rare and odd virus. Once infected by this virus one has the uncontrollable urge to find another, and another and another. This may keep on going for the rest of the subjects life. It is unkown at this time why, although some think this is how the said virus strain procreates.

WOW! Thanks CASH. I was really close to starting to hunt for my first cache, as soon as my GPS arrives in the mail, but to avoid this horrible virus you speak of, I think I will give my GPS away and get back to my bottle cap collection ! :D

It looks like the cache owner removed the cache temporarily on November 17th so it should be safe until the work is complete.

urbanscrounger: Thank you for being so considerate to an activity that you didn't even know existed, we need more people like you in charge of the National state and local park and recreation areas.

Cheers