The Continental Challenge

3doxies

I love collecting geocoins, but I also love to put them out to travel so others can find them. What far-away places to you have geocoins traveling in? It doesn't have to be your own personal coin but one you have been given, purchased, traded for, or whatever and put out to travel. We have activated personal coins traveling in North America and Europe and I got to thinking it would be neat to have a 3doxies coin traveling on each of the seven continents in the world. That leaves:

South America

Asia

Africa

Antactica

Australia

As an aside, would anyone on one of these continents be willing to place one of our coins in a cache there, if I mail one to you? Let me know. :(

I love collecting geocoins, but I also love to put them out to travel so others can find them. What far-away places to you have geocoins traveling in? It doesn't have to be your own personal coin but one you have been given, purchased, traded for, or whatever and put out to travel. We have activated personal coins traveling in North America and Europe and I got to thinking it would be neat to have a 3doxies coin traveling on each of the seven continents in the world. That leaves:

South America

Asia

Africa

Antactica

Australia

As an aside, would anyone on one of these continents be willing to place one of our coins in a cache there, if I mail one to you? Let me know. :(

I'll place one in South America, but you're gonna have to mail me the plane ticket too :(

South America

Asia

Africa

Antactica

Australia

I'll place one in South America, but you're gonna have to mail me the plane ticket too :(

Those big kitty-cat eyes are cute, but not that cute! :laughing:

South America

Asia

Africa

Antactica

Australia

As an aside, would anyone on one of these continents be willing to place one of our coins in a cache there, if I mail one to you? Let me know. ;)

Those big kitty-cat eyes are cute, but not that cute! :(

:(:laughing::(

Having launched a bunch of coins in NC, which is home to various military bases, had one coin head over to Afghanistan and another is somewhere in the Middle East (Dubai? United Arab Emirates? Somewhere down in that part of the world) :(

A few coins are hanging out in Europe, and another coin is slated to head to Australia once the father of the cacher holding the coin makes his trip from there to the states & back. :(

Guess that leaves me a few continents short of completing the DeCoinme Continental Challenge! ®™ :laughing:

My World Traveler has visited North America, Asia, Australia, Europe. It is SO cool to track it on Google Earth! check it out : TB13Q0D

I'll be heading back to China in July and would be happy to start up another cache there with one of your coins. I did this for a Pirates of the Chesapeake coin in August. Started it on the Great Wall. check it out too: TB1TK1G

Here's the latest:

South America

Asia

Africa

Antarctica

Australia

So...anyone in South America or Antarctica?

Mary - I can possibly get one to Antarctica for you with a cacher I know who is heading down there soon. I'll check with him now about it and get back to you asap.

I also have them all over. One recently visited Korea and one is in China. I need to get one to Australia and New Zealand (as a memorial to a friend of mine).

Maybe I can help you out also. Send me a message if you'd like some coins released down here in New Zealand.

Got my cali State coin in NZ, was lost for quite some time and just got released at the recent GCfest! :(

My American Caching coin (1dollar bill) made it to Belgium where a cacher got stuck in the rain took off runnin down a trail and realized his bag was open and lost all kinds of stuff including my coin, he found all his most valuables but my coin is probably packed down in the trail somewhere. Better than in a muggles collection!!!

Our Merle The Squirrel is now in Croatia. He was stuck on a mountain cache for a year but was just recently moved to another spot in Croatia. Here is his link: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=73113

Check out his few gallery pics.

EDIT: I just saw that this is for coins. We have a cacher tag coin to release for castleman's contest but we have not had the chance to release it yet. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

Edited by Nochipra

everywhere except africa - i could post one there but it might be cooler to see if one can make it the regular way :)

nothing lost so far touches wood - one even escaped muggling- i suspect it may have fallen out of a cacher's bag and just missed being inserted into a muggled cache and was found on the ground!

I just bought 5 coins and 3 TB's from Europe to Africa. It's great tracking them on google earth - so cool to see their progress.

Got my cali State coin in NZ, was lost for quite some time and just got released at the recent GCfest! :)

My American Caching coin (1dollar bill) made it to Belgium where a cacher got stuck in the rain took off runnin down a trail and realized his bag was open and lost all kinds of stuff including my coin, he found all his most valuables but my coin is probably packed down in the trail somewhere. Better than in a muggles collection!!!

Absolutely! Just think some day someone may find it and wonder what these strange 21st century people were doing... :)

everywhere except africa - i could post one there but it might be cooler to see if one can make it the regular way :)

nothing lost so far touches wood - one even escaped muggling- i suspect it may have fallen out of a cacher's bag and just missed being inserted into a muggled cache and was found on the ground!

I just bought 5 coins and 3 TB's from Europe to Africa. It's great tracking them on google earth - so cool to see their progress.

How do you look at them in google earth on the computer? Is there some quick way to look at the tracking process?

Hi Tennessee Jed, you want some coins released in Australia and New Zealand? keewee has NZ under control and I'm happy to release coins in Australia for you.

3doxies is sending me a coin to release here soon, and like Nochipra, I got a cacher tag coin from Castlemans contest in the mail today to release, so that will be

going out very soon as well. Feel free to email me. Cheers! Mal

Got my cali State coin in NZ, was lost for quite some time and just got released at the recent GCfest! :)

Absolutely! Just think some day someone may find it and wonder what these strange 21st century people were doing... :)

Careful you two... you might start a new craze within geocaching.... Geocoin Time Capsules! :)