Unnecessary Bushwhacking Coin - Geocoin Club

moscow32

Quick question for the experts around here.

I was just looking through my coins, and came up with my Unnecessary Bushwhacking coin. Funny thing is, its not antique silver, like the coin in the Geocoin Club Member store is. I didn't notice before, but it looks like an antique bronze.

What gives? Did I somehow get a limited edition? Does the Geocoin club send out limited editions occasionally?

moscow32

Well.. who knows now....

I'm really surprised to hear there are more out there than I have in hand.

mine is ant. bronze

th_bushwackingnotrack.jpg

edited to block tracking number

here is quick pic

thought that was reg monthly coin didn't know of any other metal

Edited by Frozen Buns

What I want to know is...where does the GCC get off keeping AE coins...AE coins, by their very nature are to go to the artist. Totally...all of them.

Methinks there is something foul afoot. They got caught this time, in my opinion. How long has this possibly been going on?

I would say more...and I want to...but they are not worth getting a time out over.

:P:) :) :D:)

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I'm not going to jump the gun - Im a little upset in not KNOWING what happened, but they have been good to me in the past. Im sure there is an answer - and I'll likely hear about it soon.

There is no doubt you will have answers, however you were under the impression you were to receive certain metals for your AE's. So how can any answer they give you be the right answer? I smell a LARGE rat!!!

Well.. who knows now....

I'm really surprised to hear there are more out there than I have in hand.

mine is ant. bronze

***Editted out photo***

here is quick pic

thought that was reg monthly coin didn't know of any other metal

Can I suggest you edit out the tracking number?

Edited by Damenace

They simply used the wrong photo in the store site.

Don't forget that they used the wrong description as well. :D Seems like they probably loaded the wrong geocoin from their database. :P

D'oh, for a minute there i thought i had some AE geocoins running around various caches. :) Though it doesn't add up that CB only received a RE version. :)

mm

Yeah, but I based my sales on the version that was online. I had Antique Silver, and thought the AS was the reg. based on the site. So, traded them off, or sold them as Reg. And.. Im still a bit perplexed on the copper version being out there.

So.. Im a little perplexed on this one. Now, I realize I SHOULD have been selling/trading those golds.

Either way.. for me, this sucks.

I just wish I had known which version was which... the store showed the AS, and said AS. So, I thought my AS were the regular edition.

Bummer.

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Okay, well I didn't bother to read the listing. I just know that it's quite common for the wrong photo to be posted with some of the coins being sold.

I would suggest CB email Mike to discuss it rather than everyone making assumptions here.

I know I had emailed about the incorrect photo for mine, but was told that was the only usable photo they had at the time. So I just left it alone.

I agree, best to go to the source than to make assumptions...I'll drag out my pitchfork and rope when I KNOW there's a problem!!

Sorry to see you're having a problem with this CB, I hope you saved at least a FEW of those AEs! Maybe if you explain the situation, some would be happy to exchange the coins? I know I would, but....

Good luck!!

I would suggest CB email Mike to discuss it rather than everyone making assumptions here.

I agree, best to go to the source than to make assumptions...I'll drag out my pitchfork and rope when I KNOW there's a problem!!

Was an unfortunate misunderstanding between several people....

Always good advice to go to the source before making assumptions and linking activities to things in the past. Please make sure to reach out to the source before starting in with accusations or speculation.

Glad to see that it was a simple misunderstanding, although it would be nice to see people give others the benefit of the doubt before jumping in with both feet.

This thread started yesterday in the afternoon and the store in question likely never had a chance to respond into the night before things started to go downward.

If there is a legitmate gripe about the way something is being handled, it's fair to bring it here - just not before all parties have been contacted and the facts are known.

Thanks to those who chimed in with cool and calm responses.

Case closed.