Most embarrasing caching moment

Thrak

I once stepped out of some bushes and discovered a muggle staring at me. I had the cache in my hand so I slipped it into my pocket and tried to "act casual" until he went away. He kept staring....... I put my hands in my shorts pockets and started strolling around. No matter where I strolled this guy kept staring at me like I was some kind of perv who had been in the bushes doing something weird. This went on for quite a while. FINALLY I had wandered far enough from the cache that, when I turned back, the guy watching me was far enough away that I could put the cache back. I replaced the cache and headed back for my truck.

When I got home I realized that my fly was open. When I put my hands into my pockets to "act natural" it totally spread the fly WIDE open. Hmmmmmmm............ guy comes out of the bushes with his fly open and then proceeds to wander around the park with his hands in his pockets which pulls the fly really wide open. I wonder why the guy was looking at me strangely......... :)

I slipped and fell into a deep creek in the early spring and was hypothermic. The embarrasing part of this was that it was my first caching trip and I kept looking even after I was stopped shivering (duh, I should have left after getting wet) and I didn't find the cache. I had to strip down to being nude in the back of our SUV while hubby drove to get me home. We got pulled over by a police officer because he was speeding. It was funny to explain why I was naked and sitting crunched down in the back. :)

We went back the next day and Found the cache.... 30 feet away from the place I slipped on the bank of the creek. :)

I slipped and fell into a deep creek in the early spring and was hypothermic. The embarrasing part of this was that it was my first caching trip and I kept looking even after I was stopped shivering (duh, I should have left after getting wet) and I didn't find the cache. I had to strip down to being nude in the back of our SUV while hubby drove to get me home. We got pulled over by a police officer because he was speeding. It was funny to explain why I was naked and sitting crunched down in the back. :)

We went back the next day and Found the cache.... 30 feet away from the place I slipped on the bank of the creek. :)

You could at least have posted pics on the cache site! :)

I guess I don't embarass as easily as I used to.

But! There's a mystery cache (ALR) in Times Square that requires a web cam picture with you (or your team) holding the "Found It" sign hidden in the cache. I must have been standing in Times Square for twenty minutes holding the "Found It" sign before our computer guru downleaded the pictures. Probably only a few thousand people passed by us! Didn't bother me in the slightest. Not even the people passing by who asked "What did you find?"

Edited by Harry Dolphin

Have I ever done something embarassing while caching? Of course, all the time! Will I share them with you here...and be embarassed again?? Not likely!

OK, every time I go caching with a certain friend, I get hurt! Not badly (most of the time), just enough to keep me in pain for a day or two. Our last outing cost me a pulled groin muscle as I did the splits while standing on a steep slope...one leg up, the other behind. The slope was pretty slick and I just couldn't stop splitting (had container in hand).

Not overly embarassing as I did this behind cover...but when we came out of the bushes, my companion decided to "roll" down the other steep slope to the parking lot! She was mud covered and hurting, but we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves (nor could the people who saw this happen). No need for a trip to the hospital, but I needed to be driven home by mty friend's husband who kept asking why she always beats on me.

Well there was the time I fell down the side of a rocky scree...took nothing, left blood & flesh.

Then there was the time I fell down while while climbing down an embankment on the beach...took sand, left blood.

Then there was the time I fell down the side of a small mountain...took brambles, branches, dirt and rocks, left blood and skin.

There there was the time...

I woke up in the middle of the night to check my e-mails and see if there were any new cache notifications. There was one so I bolted right out the door and drove the the cache site.

Trouble is that I sleep naked. :)

Well it didn't happen but it could have.