AE Earth Turtle donation for Team Donutdog

tsunrisebey

I don't have mine in hand but should be here in the next week or so. To help get this more exposure since I can't put it on ebay without a firm date.

Please read Team Donutdog's thread and you'll see what this is for. You will make your payment to Team Donutdog, not me.

This is a silent auction via my email; tsunrisebey@yahoo.com

Highest bidder by 12:00pm my MST (about 1 1/2 hours) wins the my AE Earth Turtle (not yet traded/or given away), plus a surprise and it will be well worth it! :(

Here is the pic, it's the Gold/Black Nickel Version, thanks tsun :lol:

front_gold2.JPG

Silent Auction has closed.

Thank you to everyone of you who dropped a note to bid on the AE Earth Turtle!

The winning bid was $125.00 from LadeBear68 (wow, did you ever want that turtle)

I'll be forwarding you Team Donutdog's paypal addy so you can pay him directly. I'll also make sure you have plenty of turtle extras, tsun style.

Ok all, I'm off to bed, thanks again to everyone!

tsun :laughing:

I know, I was wowed too but alot of people put bids and I thought that was so great! I'm always impressed at how when it comes time for the community to help one of their, they do it so quickly and with a smile on their face.

I threw in the 'secret' turtle version too. (I just love saying; 'secret version, lol).

Big THANKS goes out to the others who are putting up their coins to help out Team Donutdog or other worthy charities/helping out friends, etc.

P.S. If you read this, take one moment during the day and keep the firefighters/helicopter-tanker pilots in your thoughts. I know here in Montana, and in one case, very close to my home, they are working their tails off 24/7 to keep peoples homes from burning in these enormous forest fires. (I have 2 immediate family members who are working 14 days straight/1 day off since early July, doing this). Thank you FF's! tsun :laughing:

Sorry to bring this back up to the top, lol. I just wanted to show LadeBear68 a little something and give her a quick run down on the meaning, so just ignore me....

LB68,

I made you a little something today to go with the 2 Earth Turtle geocoins I'll be sending later....

This little project took me about 3 1/2 hours to finish but I wanted you to know the meaning behind the piece. So here are the pictures and then underneath you can read about the significance behind the artwork.

EAH1.jpg

EAH2.jpg

Ok, so here is what this piece is about, call me goofy but I can't create work without meaning something to me. I had originally thought to make this more colorful like the coins but I needed to stick to with what I'm good at and what comes from the heart so this is the end result.

The White Tail deer antler and the deer skin placed over a natural stone tile come from a deer I took last hunting season (sorry if that offends but I do used as much as I can from it). An offering was left. So without getting to into detail; deer represents the power of gentleness.

The turtle represents Earth and is one of the oldest symbols for our planet. The turtle I made from clay and used my petroglyph style painting. I had to summon the spirit of 'Tiki' (lol) to do this turtle because I don't normally attempt to 'mold' or 'craft' shapes from clay, so this little guy took me quite awhile to get looking right but I think I did ok. He's about 4 1/2 inches long and I shaped his legs and head individually and then connected them to his body.

The feathers. I love feather and birds. When I'm out hiking, I'm always looking for feathers. The large one is a turkey feather and is one of several given to me by a friend. Turkey reresents Give-Away and is often refered to as the Give-Away Eagle. In general it means recognition of sacrifice of both self and others. Hawk feather (to the left of the turkey feather) and one of my favorite birds; means 'messenger'. It means to being observant of your surroundings and paying attention to lifes signals. The idea being to 'see the overall picture'. The small blue feather is a mountain blue bird. I found this one by my water feeder. I wake up every morning in the spring and summer to watch about 30 to 40 mountain blue birds bathing at my water feeder. It always puts a smile on my face to watch these precious little birds flit around and preen themselves. They have the most delicate call. The bluebird means happiness.

In the upper right hand corner is a bone bead filled with porcupine quills that collected from a little porky who passed on. Porcupine represents innocence and humility.

The other stuff is just flowers and 'pretty weeds' (lol) I collect for when I make wreaths. There is also some reindeer moss (the bright green stuff). I liked the little copper hand, so I used it as a symbol for humans/humanity and placed it on the turtles back. So, it is up to you to find the overall meaning.

I hope you like it, it's my gift to you for being so generous. I only wish I could make something for everyone who bid.

tsun :laughing:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Wow that is absolutely stunning. <_<:blink::huh::P Thank you very much, your talent is beyond words. I love your abilitis and this will go on my desk at work next to the turtle geocoin so I can again tell everyone how wonderful geocachers are.

Thank you again, your generosity is overwhelming.

Andrea