Groundspeak Lackeys Geocoin

Most likely you got the coin from Jeremy and it was meant as a gift.

Many of the Lackey and Volunteer coins are registered to a Lackey or Volunteer but are meant as gift and meant to be kept. To get it out of your inventory you could always place it in a archived cache.

Plus if you where to place it in a cache it would most likely end up in someone else's collection so you might as well enjoy it.

Team Sand Dollar

Just dip it into a cache and out again.

You can try and get ownership but the odds are pretty good that you will not be given that right. In a few exrtaordinary cases (ie deafhunt in Alaska :D ) the owner of the Lackey geocoin is the person who receives it but for the most part they are all owned by Signal.

Here is the email I recieved

I am sorry but your coin is not avalible for adoption. Groundspeak retains the ownership of your coin. I am sorry but that is the policy on your coin.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Michael

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Keep it and be honored that it is owned by Groundspeak! You did somethin right...Now tell me~What did you do?...Be specific :mad::D:mad:

They worked their tails off preparing food for the hungry hordes.....plus they bought their darling little 25 day old baby with a gc.com logo on its tiny little shirt.

Just dip it into a cache and out again.

You can try and get ownership but the odds are pretty good that you will not be given that right. In a few exrtaordinary cases (ie deafhunt in Alaska :D ) the owner of the Lackey geocoin is the person who receives it but for the most part they are all owned by Signal.

Here is the email I recieved

I am sorry but your coin is not avalible for adoption. Groundspeak retains the ownership of your coin. I am sorry but that is the policy on your coin.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Michael

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Really? We got one from Jeremy at GW5, emailed Signal, and got ownership within a few hours!

Really? We got one from Jeremy at GW5, emailed Signal, and got ownership within a few hours!

I did not get mine by meeting a Lackey, I won mine at GeocoinFest 2007 in Temecula. I did get to meet Raine and I had the pleasure of knocking him out of the poker game. I did get given one of Raines coins and I just checked, I forgot to activate it!

I see Shop99er wasn't allowed to adopt his coin either and I wonder if not getting it directly from a lackey is the deciding factor, on the other hand perhaps the lackeys at HQ just don't like us. :)

I did not get mine by meeting a Lackey, I won mine at GeocoinFest 2007 in Temecula. I did get to meet Raine and I had the pleasure of knocking him out of the poker game. I did get given one of Raines coins and I just checked, I forgot to activate it!

I see Shop99er wasn't allowed to adopt his coin either and I wonder if not getting it directly from a lackey is the deciding factor, on the other hand perhaps the lackeys at HQ just don't like us. :)

Gotcha--that may be why. Thanks for the explanation.

It is very cool to see the coin with the frog owner - one is travelling around down here. But Shauna says it was mainly a device to stop the coins being sold - one went on ebay for $100 earlier.

Someone who won a Lackey Geocoin at GeocoinFest 2007 sold it right away on Ebay and the final price was $102.50USD. :anitongue:

I have never sold a geocoin on Ebay but when one got stolen recently I wish I had sold it instead. :P

I had a travelling geobone stolen, this was after one sold on Ebay for $190.00 dollars. When mine was stolen off the TB to which it was attached I was told that I created the problem by placing an item of perceived value in a geocache. B)

It is very cool to see the coin with the frog owner - one is travelling around down here. But Shauna says it was mainly a device to stop the coins being sold - one went on ebay for $100 earlier.

Well, I definitely won't be selling mine! I also received Lackey coins at GW5, one from Jeremy and another from Shauna (on the condition I release one of them). Getting those were two of the unexpected highlights of the day. :anitongue: I also was able to get the ownership transferred.