Caches hidden with friend who then turn Geocachers overnight...

Sorry - I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but I hope someone can answer my question.

Last weekend I was out with a friend (well, my cousin to be precise) out and about Geocaching. Although I'd mentioned Geocaching to him before this was his first experience of the sport. We hid two and found two together.

Since the weekend, he's bought his own GPSr and is now a bonafide Geocacher having already found 3 caches I haven't discovered myself in my local (but not quite overlapping) area.

So, my question is... I know he can log the ones we FOUND together but what about the two that were hidden? He saw me hiding both so has prior knowledge.

My gut reaction is no, despite the fact that he wasn't a cache hider at the time as he was with me along for the ride, he's now not able to log these as finds as he's got prior knowledge of their locations as he was with me at the time they were hidden.

Sorry - I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but I hope someone can answer my question.

Last weekend I was out with a friend (well, my cousin to be precise) out and about Geocaching. Although I'd mentioned Geocaching to him before this was his first experience of the sport. We hid two and found two together.

Since the weekend, he's bought his own GPSr and is now a bonafide Geocacher having already found 3 caches I haven't discovered myself in my local (but not quite overlapping) area.

So, my question is... I know he can log the ones we FOUND together but what about the two that were hidden? He saw me hiding both so has prior knowledge.

My gut reaction is no, despite the fact that he wasn't a cache hider at the time as he was with me along for the ride, he's now not able to log these as finds as he's got prior knowledge of their locations as he was with me at the time they were hidden.

Out here we log those as "beta-testers" after the FTF has found the cache. :)