Quick question regarding ukgeocache.com

I was just having a look at my stats on ukgeocache.com and noticed that it is saying I have found 294 caches. I have acctually found 301 caches! I was just wondering if anyone know which caches aren't counted and why!! :o

I thought it may be webcam caches as these are logged as 'photo taken' rather then 'found' but i have only found 4 of these!

then I though maybe it doesn't count caches which have been archived but this only accounts for 5.

i also wondered if it just hadn't updated recently but i have only found 1 cache since the 25/02/07 which was the last date mentioned.

can anyone help?? :P

Sorry but I'm lost :) Who's advertising? What profile? Am I missing something?

As I'm not a Mod, I can't confirm this. But it looks like a geocacher who has a geoshop tried to use a old topic, to advertise his shop. The post having been removed by a Mod, due to being a commercial advertisement

The post would have been the one before markandlynn post if it had still been in this topic.

Deci

Sorry but I'm lost :P Who's advertising? What profile? Am I missing something?

As I'm not a Mod, I can't confirm this. But it looks like a geocacher who has a geoshop tried to use a old topic, to advertise his shop. The post having been removed by a Mod, due to being a commercial advertisement

The post would have been the one before markandlynn post if it had still been in this topic.

Deci

Correct ! double that mans Groundspeak pay immediately :laughing:

Just looking at this website, it does not conform to British and EU law regarding availability of contact details, anyone purchasing services off someone who's business is not transparent would be a foolish man. The only contact details are to yahoo email accounts, so hard to track a person down if issues arrive.

Just looking at this website, it does not conform to British and EU law regarding availability of contact details, anyone purchasing services off someone who's business is not transparent would be a foolish man. The only contact details are to yahoo email accounts, so hard to track a person down if issues arrive.

Was not blatently trying to advertise a business, only to say that this domain is now used for another purpose. I didn't want people getting the wrong idea as this domain name came up in a search engine in relation to it not working correctly. The t&C's of the website are complient with UK law.

The t&C's of the website are complient with UK law.

I'm sorry, but Moote is right - there are various bits and pieces of legislation and statutory instruments which require you to publicize your real identity, as well as a contact address (which I see you do already have in your Ts & Cs). These include the Business Names Act 1985, the Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008 if you're incorporated, and (since you're selling stuff over the web) the Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

To be fair, a HUGE number of websites don't contain these details. The most likely realistic consequence is that they'll find themselves unable to enforce a contract, or will be at a disadvantage if they're sued for any reason. As Moote points out it'll also put savvier customers off ordering in the first place.

Fortunately, it's easy to fix just by including your real name (or company's legal name) and contact address, and if you're a company your registration number, country of registration and registered address - all in an obvious place on your website. Burying it in the T&C's probably isn't a good idea, although you'll want to get proper qualified advice if you care about that one.

Cheers

Richard

(a company director in real life)

Was not blatently trying to advertise a business, only to say that this domain is now used for another purpose. I didn't want people getting the wrong idea as this domain name came up in a search engine in relation to it not working correctly. The t&C's of the website are complient with UK law.

You should not have bumped the topic then. You have made it current. You can only look to yourself.

Closing this to let it slip into history once again.