Garmin GPS 60CSX & USB charger

It will work. I use the car charger for my Motorola RAZR and it works just fine. The only drawback is that it's a coiled cord, so it limits where I can place the unit without it snapping on the floor. I suppose a mount would solve that problem, though.

Note that it will only power the unit. If you use rechargable batteries, the power adapter will not charge them as well.

Edited by The Cheeseheads

It will work. I use the car charger for my Motorola RAZR and it works just fine. The only drawback is that it's a coiled cord, so it limits where I can place the unit without it snapping on the floor. I suppose a mount would solve that problem, though.

Note that it will only power the unit. If you use rechargable batteries, the power adapter will not charge them as well.

Ditto.

Also, you can find some nice alternative USB phone chargers that can get you around the issue of the coiled cord. Try Target or the store that sells accessories for your phone.

After this topic was raised a couple of months back I went out and got myself a USB charger for my Razr V3 and (of course) my 60CSx. It has a long thin cord that recoils back into the case that plugs into the power point. the cord is long enough that the kids can look at it in the back seat while its plugged in the console between the front seats. I got it at Wally world for about $12. Very handy, compact, and works like a charm.

I believe the OP means he has a GPSMap 60? Does that model support power through the USB port?

Well, in the headline he says 60CSx. As far as the GPSmap 60 I could find no reference to it in the manual. Someone that owns one could provide more insight.

You are, of course, correct. Excuse my interruption.