Australia 2007 geocoin

forthferalz

:P One main question, would we cachers who have a pay pal account have any problems using paymate.com.au ? I'm not a great fan of continually submitting my personal info.

I'll pay using body parts if I have to lol I want that coin so bad!

Also I have used Paypal to buy from Australians before...on ebay for INXS stuff and I tell ya the conversion rate on paypal is awful...paypal overcharges and gets to much a piece of the pie. Perhaps paymate will have a better exchange rate!

Edited by WeatherednBoston

:P One main question, would we cachers who have a pay pal account have any problems using paymate.com.au ? I'm not a great fan of continually submitting my personal info.

One reason I'm using paymate is there IS NO registration for a buyer! just cough up the credit card numbers. You can pay in US or AU

I hate it too -who can keep track if you are a shopaholic :P

PS the link to the sale is supposed to appear in my signature - I've checked the enable signiture button -no joy. Help please!

PPS I've enabled clue 2 on Australian Odyssey

Edited by forthferalz

Please put your total coins at the bottom of the "poll" i think this is called properly.I have managed to make the questions too general initially so there are some variations in interpretation of numbers possible - I'm opting LOWER by default.

"reservation" doesn't really suit - if the proof coin is yukky in any finish we'll have antique copper LE something instead

ps

thanks Boston - the game is to help us all bide the time .....

and thanks for all the responses - I now have arthritis in r hand well and truly!

pps FSM and I hav finished trading emails and mutual appologies - she's sorting this thread I think back into general 'presale' q's and AU coin presale "poll"

Thanks for the orders. Appologies for any delay in approving pre-orders I'm struggling with arthritis and now have to limit the amount of typing I do. I will also be on holidays soon so the presale "poll" will close Friday. The next opportunity to place an order after that will be a final one with proof coins to view in about a fortnight with finalised pricing, format and postage costs. It may be possible to ship in bulk direct to the US for a faster turnaround.

The sale of silver coins will be capped at a figure just slightly higher than the poll to allow for losses. All respondants by Friday will have first opportunity to pay for and aquire their full pre-order.

Please note the total number of coins regardless of wether it's in a set or not

http://feralcaching.wordpress.com/2007/02/...tional-presale/

UPDATE on international presale:

Due to troubles with the artist at the mint not understanding the anatomy of a platypus we are 2 weeks behind where i'd hoped to be. Anyway I think they have done a splendid job given the linguistic hurdles, very patient, V12 - the final artwork is here: http://feralcaching.files.wordpress.com/20...005s01-1v12.jpg

note the green and gold are only being made for special uses. they will not be for general sale

The proof coins are ordered - thanks for all the encouraging comments and the pre-orders! Minimum numbers have been met for the price as quoted USD7 in hard enamel with an icon. I have a draft icon of four coloured aussie map.

Please start saving your pennies - invoices will be sent in about 1 week - i'll need the money in two weeks.

EDIT : I have mis interpreted the usual conditions of sale of codes - just 250 minimum so I've sorted the orders again with this in mind.

If you can't see your order approved on the blog here: http://feralcaching.wordpress.com/2007/02/...tional-presale/

you may have ordered by email or on the wrong page and will have a confirmation email from me.

Anyone after cutoff date has been added to a waiting list if they want LE coin - if someone fails to pay for a pre order in 7 days of invoice. Stock coins of gold have been arranged with a US base. Single gold coins pre-ordered will be shipped international for USD1.5 in line with this :D

Edited by forthferalz

Mint promises proof coin tomorrow *holds breath* - sorry i still can't do the shipping accurately until i get a weight.

Getting ready to invoice directly rather than use a webpage as it's easier to make sure the numbers stay in line with orders. After investigating the various payment options with beta testers and trying them out I'll use paypal to invoice after all but still offer credit card direct and telegraphic transfer as options with paymate.com.au ( billing in AUD)

I have just had to adjust some orders and 'recovered' the coins ordered on the wrong pages

Some people still have not understood the ordering as follows:

Single gold coins AUD9/USD7

2 coin LE pack ( one silver one gold coin) AUD18/USD14

4 coin travel pack AUD32/USD25 (2 silver with identical tracking codes/2 gold coins with identical tracking codes)

PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A TOTAL OF THE NUMBER OF COINS YOU WANT so i don't under or over order here

I will also need to know what you want engraved on which coin - 14 characters max.

Thanks!

Update:

I have sent out order confirmations which need a reply ASAP - if you didn't get one check your junk mail box then email me.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

Proof coins overdue as expected. goodnews the mint doesn't take an easter break - more good news :laughing: that was when I was planning to be caching and stuffing envelopes with helpers so two caching trips south for me now.

aucoin-platy3_front.thumbnail.jpg The proof coin photos are uploaded. The coins have been stamped out ready to plate. The mint is really busy :lol: so production time has doubled from initial quote - delivery is now expected mid May. Most confirmations have been received thank you. I have the proof coins weighed for shipping quotes so invoicing should begin next week - engraved orders first, then australia, then international. silver-closeup-front.thumbnail.jpg

oh yeah 07coin-icon.gif

Edited by forthferalz

Update:

There are two teams who I'm having trouble invoicing - no email address supplied:

baelrati and TeamRydeBruun would you kindly get in touch with me by PM?

Thanks to everyone who has paid up so quickly! I contacted the mint yesterday and delivery by courier is on schedule for May 4 to Australia.

The tracking codes have been uploaded to www.hogcode.com Many thanks to southbyday for hosting these, for advice and helping to fund the start up!

:( oh well they were going pretty good - mint has informed me the coins will not ship till 9th May due to them putting all the USA coins into the same shipment with australia. Unbeliveably they made it to the HK shipping office but have had to ship it back to china to sort them. I might still get them this weekend if they can do a Sat delivery.

Yes fedex is amazing but to get to me there is still some ways to go by carrier pigeon ... well not quite but the consignment was going to be entered into the local postal service which once took a week to deliver a child's birthday party invitation some 5 kms so I've arranged to collect them myself tomorrow from the airport some 100 kms away. I have to get out that way to go caching for River Deep Mountain High game - have to get my priorities right :laughing:

Smallest feral helped me to retrieve the coins and a couple of caches on a BIG day out.

We had all the engraved internationals packed up on friday, and about half the orders should be ready to ship Monday morning. We are having a little trouble locating all the gold pairs as they were not packed in strict sequence. I have to pack a bit slowly as each gold coin has to be checked off against the tracklist until the last pair is found.

Thanks for the update. Good luck on finding those pairs!!

Thank you - they weren't too hard to find in the end. HiQ feral and smallest feral were terrific and we had them sorted in time to make the post office today for half the internationals. Postmaster was bemused and very helpful.

A reminder that codes can be retrieved from hogcode.com

Thanks for the update. Good luck on finding those pairs!!

Thank you - they weren't too hard to find in the end. HiQ feral and smallest feral were terrific and we had them sorted in time to make the post office today for half the internationals. Postmaster was bemused and very helpful.

A reminder that codes can be retrieved from hogcode.com

Thanks for the update !!! :):ph34r:

update: One of a travel set for a US cacher is being released here - in activating it we found some codes are still linking to 2006 icon and name. GC are aware and working on it.

Now the goodnews - the lost coins showed up and I've finished mailing out bar 10 mostly domestic. I'll be sending personal notes to each buyer about delivery status. The comcast network is blocking my emails again as spam so if you are using that ISP you will be contacted through GC.com IF you don't get one in the next 24 hrs please contact me!

copy : First delivery has arrived and glad she liked it!

which prompts me to make some personal public thank yous: - to Adacache of course for doing the design, and letting me run with it

to those who provided moral and roadtest support (long list - snuva, cheeseypigs, quilter, who were all ready to help stuff envelopes but had to enjoy their caching event without me!) cached, mapmonkey, wutzebear, keewee01, teamfalling numerals, bunya, kernow cachers, clamm, and the breast cancer ribbon guys for inspiration and database) - if i forgot you i'll pack you in the next envelope ok?

southbyday for hosting our codes at www.hogcode.com and our emergence stash of gold coins (at www.hogwild.org) and papaferal for the finances!

small ferals for general office duties mmm especially tea and snacks! stamped envelopes and customs forms.

and of course everyone who bought coins! Long may they travel icon_smile.gif

(ps the Ulverstone postmaster won't be reading this but I'll be droppping him a box of chocs when the deliveries make it through - he's been great with me showing up at close to closing with piles of stuff! )

Edited by forthferalz

We almost panicked when we thought we had missed the sale of these (Aussie cacher now living in the US)... Thank you FX for the Hogwild Stuff heads-up!! They only had gold with green lettering available (Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!) and we ordered a few, hehe. Only 72 of them left!

If anyone has silver or black nickel unactivated extras, we would love to trade when ours arrive.

So happy we could get a few of these!

Howdy Forthferal,

The Platypus' arrived safely in Texas today! They have been cuddled and loved to death...it's really hard to cuddle a coin, but it can be done...after I went back to the original postings, I was able to figure out exacting what I had :D

Thanks for all the hard work, they are great coins, and well worth the wait!

Received my order today. Just one question. Were the LE sets supposed to share a tracking number or did that change somewhere during production? My set doesn't have the same tracking number and I just wanted to make sure that is correct before I do anything with the coins.

Received my order today. Just one question. Were the LE sets supposed to share a tracking number or did that change somewhere during production? My set doesn't have the same tracking number and I just wanted to make sure that is correct before I do anything with the coins.

Only the 4 coin travel sets have pairs of coins that share a tracking number.