Australia 2007 geocoin

forthferalz

Received my order today. Just one question. Were the LE sets supposed to share a tracking number or did that change somewhere during production? My set doesn't have the same tracking number and I just wanted to make sure that is correct before I do anything with the coins.

Only the 4 coin travel sets have pairs of coins that share a tracking number.

Thank you ;)

4 of the Australia 2007 geocoins will be making their way overseas from Australia in the hands of Shadow! (leaving Friday)...one will be dropped on Oahu, one in Canada and, I suspect the other two in mainland USA...

keep your eye out for them - 1 is black, 1 silver & 2 gold....!

one of the Australia 2006 coins will also be making the journey...

Thanks keewee01 - you were close to last so that's good to know. I'm just putting out some special coins

Read about Lucky, the real platypus.

There's a couple of unique "Lucky" coins reserved for charity auction. #13 untrackable, went to the owner of the fried coin, others are only in special night caches around the country (both keepers and some roamers.) For a small animal they really move....some might even make it across the ocean :) .

*Unearthing such an old topic... Uff!*

Is there a chance to obtain an unactivated 2007 Australian platypus geocoin these days?

Or at least get its parameters - diameter, thickness, weight?...

I collect coins and tokens depicting platypuses and gather all the info about them; I run a webpage "Platypus on the world coins" http://dziobaki.blogspot.com so any information is valuable for me, not to mention the coin itself...

*Unearthing such an old topic... Uff!*

Is there a chance to obtain an unactivated 2007 Australian platypus geocoin these days?

Or at least get its parameters - diameter, thickness, weight?...

I collect coins and tokens depicting platypuses and gather all the info about them; I run a webpage "Platypus on the world coins" http://dziobaki.blogspot.com so any information is valuable for me, not to mention the coin itself...

sending you an email

Me again... Surprised? :laughing:

Finally I managed to get that coin, Wilg, thanks again.

But I've encountered strange info about it. According to the data from the time the 2007 platypus geocoin was on sale there were 3 version of it:

• golden plated
  • silver plated with golden platypus
  • black nickel plated with golden platypus

For the two first I'm sure they exist. But I have found no proof that the black version exists, no single photo, no single witness. Instead I've encountered photos of a bronze-plated one: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1154360. Is there someone here who could solve this mystery?

Me again... Surprised? :laughing:

Finally I managed to get that coin, Wilg, thanks again.

But I've encountered strange info about it. According to the data from the time the 2007 platypus geocoin was on sale there were 3 version of it:

• golden plated
  • silver plated with golden platypus
  • black nickel plated with golden platypus

For the two first I'm sure they exist. But I have found no proof that the black version exists, no single photo, no single witness. Instead I've encountered photos of a bronze-plated one: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1154360. Is there someone here who could solve this mystery?

Well, I own a Black Nickel one. If that helps you out?

TMA

Certainly it helps! Thank you! So, most probably, there are four versions of this coin...

I have golden and silver ones, if anyone has a bronze or a black one for sale, trade, or adoption - I'm interested.

The Moop Along, I'd be really grateful if you could send me a photo of the platypus side of your coin that I could add to my Platypus on the World Coins page (with the proper credit in the photo caption of course).

Certainly it helps! Thank you! So, most probably, there are four versions of this coin...

I have golden and silver ones, if anyone has a bronze or a black one for sale, trade, or adoption - I'm interested.

The Moop Along, I'd be really grateful if you could send me a photo of the platypus side of your coin that I could add to my Platypus on the World Coins page (with the proper credit in the photo caption of course).

That's harder than it sounds ;) But i'll stash that request in the memory banks if I come across that album. During my remodel, my coin collection has become mobile and variable. I have it on my Excel sheet so I know it's in a book somewhere in my house :ph34r:

TMA