Most remote cache.....

Jamisjockey

There are 3 up in Nunavut, Canada that get my vote - GC5803 - As North as it Gets, GCXAF5 and GCX4P7 (not yet found). There are others in the desert that might qualify. Google Earth is fantastic for browsing these... just fly around in the act of virtually geocaching.

How does one on Mt Everest sound?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

I am surprised to not see any of the usual suspects who like to complain about people not following the rules.

This cache contains a lighter and storm matches.You know some kid could head on up Everest find this cache with a lighter in it and start all kinds of trouble. :)

I guess they are all hiding out under bridges.

Edited by GrizzlyJohn

Most remote? How about Pitcairn

Many more ships visit Antarctica than this island.

Awesome! 45 people live on this island!! It's right on the top of my "to do" list. I'll never get there, but it's on the list.

That influenced me to surf Polynesia via google earth, and This cache, on Easter Island, claims to be the most remote on earth, in it's cache description. Which it may have been, in 2002, but not any more, I'm sure.

Well, this one is not all that remote in the bush of NW Ontario, but it was hidden on May 5 / 06 and still awaits a FTF. It is at the confluence of N50° 00.000’ W93° 00.000’ and its’ ID is Fifty Ninety-three (GCVXEH) owned by Mikego. Winter would be the ideal time to find it.

Awesome! 45 people live on this island!! It's right on the top of my "to do" list. I'll never get there, but it's on the list.

That influenced me to surf Polynesia via google earth, and This cache, on Easter Island, claims to be the most remote on earth, in it's cache description. Which it may have been, in 2002, but not any more, I'm sure.

Im planning a cache for my mum to place on Pitcairn, and on Henderson Island, she can maintain it for me since she lives there, at least the one on Pitcairn anyway

Im planning a cache for my mum to place on Pitcairn, and on Henderson Island, she can maintain it for me since she lives there, at least the one on Pitcairn anyway

Well, I had no recollection of discussing Pitcairn Island in 2007, but I guess I did. Amazing, your Mum is one of the 45 residents? Looks like the other cache there has been archived.