Stolen caches

briansnat

Ah. Reliving my childhood memories! My mother was first/second generation German. No German bakeries around where I grew up. But my mother would buy Stollen from the Dugan's Bakery Truck during December. Stollen is one of my fondest Christmas memories. Since my mother passed on, stollen brings back those memories. I doubt that Enteman's is any more authentic than the Dugan's stollen were... But I need stollen for Christmas!

(Hmm... Dugan's went out of business in the late 50's...)

Ah. Reliving my childhood memories! My mother was first/second generation German. No German bakeries around where I grew up. But my mother would buy Stollen from the Dugan's Bakery Truck during December. Stollen is one of my fondest Christmas memories. Since my mother passed on, stollen brings back those memories. I doubt that Enteman's is any more authentic than the Dugan's stollen were... But I need stollen for Christmas!

(Hmm... Dugan's went out of business in the late 50's...)

That's all very nice, but don't you go putting it in caches. K?

Hello Team Rat Pack,

I would be delighted to edit your thread title to correct the spelling error. It would make Briansnat look as stupid as a guy with a mouthful of squid. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

Keystone

Volunteer Moderator, The Groundspeak Forums

Hello Team Rat Pack,

I would be delighted to edit your thread title to correct the spelling error. It would make Briansnat look as stupid as a guy with a mouthful of squid. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

Keystone

Volunteer Moderator, The Groundspeak Forums

Yes please and believe me I have learned my lesson...I'll stay off the boards from now on. Thanks

:D Please don't stay off the boards.

I was sort of joking and also ragging on Briansnat, but I will indeed go ahead and edit your thread title.

EDIT: I changed it from "Stolen Caches" to "Missing Caches." There was no spelling error! Pardon me.

But now, Briansnat looks as dumb as a guy with a mouthful of squid. My work is done here.

Edited by Keystone

Hmmm... What about a troll?

pTRU1-3002811reg.jpg

Could we please limit the trolls to the forums? I can ignore them on the forums (unless I'm having too much fun laughing at them :laughing: ), but if they jump out of a cache, it might be a tad more difficult to ignore 'em...

On second thought, since most caches are water- (and air-) tight, they probably wouldn't last too long cooped up in a cache... But then they might evolve to be even more difficult to get rid of :laughing::laughing:

Ah, nothing like a good laugh!

Oh, and Team Rat Pack- please don't go! We're a friendly bunch, and we don't bite (too hard :laughing: ) Don't take Brian's attempt at humor personally... (I think) he's trying to keep it fun, keep it light, and throw in a nice laugh every now and then! B)

Happy Caching!

Jeff

I really don't think we should put stollen in caches. . .

Brian, you have accidentally touched upon a touchy subject for me. For, unbeknownst to most of my friends, colleagues and geofriends, I am addicted to fruit stollen. And, living in the Eastern part of the USA, about the only time of the year that I can easily buy fruit stollen (particularly good ones baked with real butter rather than with hydrogenated oils) is the Christmas-New Year holiday season, running from about early December to early January. And so, I will admit that I have been on a stollen binge for the past 20 days, and it has been both heaven and hell. However, to return to your main thesis: I agree, stollen should never be placed in caches, and rather, everyone should send their fruit stollen to me. Frankly, it breaks my heart whenever I read on these forums about stollen caches, because I would rather prefer that all those stollens were sitting in my kitchen, on the countertop, ready to be eaten. By the way, I will also come out of the closet and admit here and now that I am addicted as well to poppyseed rolls. Sad but true.

I never did like stollen - my mother used to make it and everyone except me liked it. Brian - I thought you were talking about caches being stolen. This thread peaked my curiousity because today I was looking for one you placed and my gps said I was right on top of it - but I never found it. If I find a stollen in a cache I will probably leave it and hopefully take something else. I'd love the troll. I actually had a mini troll with me to place in your cache today if I found it, maybe another time . . .