Evil Caches in the UK

ZoomLens

Looking on the US forums, there are mentions of "Evil Caches" - Like many of you, I am tiring of the straight micro and I can't always be doing with multis (depending on how lazy I feel) and would really like to find an evil cache that you sort out in the field, rather than finding the answer in a puzzle somewhere.

I'm looking at planting some myself, but wondered if anyone knew of any "Evil" caches in the UK (particularly the midlands).

Thanks

ZoomLens

Many weather beaten cachers have failed to find what theMaiden in Distress has lost. It's definitely a "puzzle in the field" type cache but nobody's described it as evil yet as far as I can remember. You've done it ZL, what do you think?!

Hmmm... Evil.... I wouldn't call it Evil, but just very difficult.

By Evil I mean something that you get there and start cursing, not because of the difficulty but because of something the cache placer has done. An example of one in the States is where you were told that the coordinates for the final were at the first part. Easy? No! The coordinates were split in to six parts, each of which was engraved on to a marble. The ammo box was then filled with marbles, so you had to search through hundreds to find the right ones.

That's an EVIL cache!

Another potentially evil one around here is Cut Down Cache - which is evil if you go straight to the location without thinking about it first.

Edited by ZoomLens

Some Pieman caches in Cheshire fit the bill - recommended!

Pieman is an evil, evil man!!!

Thanks, Hazel.. I think :laughing:. Although a few of my caches have puzzles to solve on the hoof, I think only That's Magic- Smile or Scowl would fit the evil bill on the basis that I still get a lot of laughs when I read the abuse in the logbook. :laughing:. I would count Cut Down Cache as clever rather than evil myself (even though on two goes I haven't found it- second time due to special equipment failure :laughing:).

The only cache I can remember actually swearing at when I found it was Incoming Transatlantic Flights. Now that was evil, Phil.

You want evil? Well have a look at "The answer to the question is the key?".

Poohtiggs is an evil man and to be honest is off my Christmas card list :laughing:

It is driving me mad. The "Oh it's only a mile from work, I'll pop over in my lunch break" has sadly escalated into my lifes work. Curse you Bob and your evil ways. :laughing::laughing: