What would attract you to a cache?

prokhor

What features would attract you to a cache?

Difficulty, Terrain, Location, Geography, Interesting buildings, interesting Cache Container, Interesting trees, Interesting way of placing it, placed by someone i know, placed by someone I dont know, vicinity to a Tim Hortons, difficult puzzle, easy puzzle, informative multi, nude beaches :laughing: , Clothed Beaches :) , Solitude, Fresh air, rocks, birds, deer, sunshine, blistering cold, sweltering heat, darkest night with the lure of a BFL, A chance to use mosquito repellant, a chance to run into a moose, or bear, or mythical sea monster, the chance to sing at the top of my lungs and have noone complain, and perhaps even get a smiley for doing so.

Why do you ask?

Difficulty, Terrain, Location, Geography, Interesting buildings, interesting Cache Container, Interesting trees, Interesting way of placing it, placed by someone i know, placed by someone I dont know, vicinity to a Tim Hortons, difficult puzzle, easy puzzle, informative multi, nude beaches :laughing: , Clothed Beaches :rolleyes: , Solitude, Fresh air, rocks, birds, deer, sunshine, blistering cold, sweltering heat, darkest night with the lure of a BFL, A chance to use mosquito repellant, a chance to run into a moose, or bear, or mythical sea monster, the chance to sing at the top of my lungs and have noone complain, and perhaps even get a smiley for doing so.

Why do you ask?

I was asked to look into Geocachine as a way to promote tourism, in the North Interlake (MB)

Difficulty, Terrain, Location, Geography, Interesting buildings, interesting Cache Container, Interesting trees, Interesting way of placing it, placed by someone i know, placed by someone I dont know, vicinity to a Tim Hortons, difficult puzzle, easy puzzle, informative multi, nude beaches :laughing: , Clothed Beaches :huh: , Solitude, Fresh air, rocks, birds, deer, sunshine, blistering cold, sweltering heat, darkest night with the lure of a BFL, A chance to use mosquito repellant, a chance to run into a moose, or bear, or mythical sea monster, the chance to sing at the top of my lungs and have noone complain, and perhaps even get a smiley for doing so.

Why do you ask?

I was asked to look into Geocachine as a way to promote tourism, in the North Interlake (MB)

I think a spectacular view cant be beat.

Ditto on the "Forest Cache"

Showing me something of interest, historical importance or natural splendour is a big bonus for me too.

Basically, I would like any cache that when I finish it I can tell why you thought to share the location with me.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

I'd have to go with the BQ reasoning here.

Caches local to me attract me because it's my personal exercise program. Within some limits, I do them primarily to get off my lazy arse and get outside.

Outside my local area, I try to get caches that have something of interest, import, or natural splendour that I might not otherwise see. So I probably won't run to a cache that has a view of Niagara Falls since I grew up there and saw it all the time, but a cache out by Lundy's Lane might interest me because there's some local history there.

When I was in Italy with my wife we deliberately chose caches that appeared to be near areas of historical significance or showed off a nice view that were off the tourist trap path, and we were very successful. It really added something special to our trip.

I'm relatively new to this nonsense but I like to look for caches that are some distance into the woods. Parking the car and finding a cache 100 yards away isn't much of a challenge. I don't expect to have to climb any mountains (I'm 64 after all) but a good 5 Km hike, or better still 'run', on a reasonable trail through the forest is my ideal.

Different things on different days. Sometimes I'll have a hankering for ones near my house. Other days I'm up for a full day of caching, so I look for ones that are grouped together. Lower terrain rating is good for me too (too many injuries).

A big thing I also look at is previous logs. If other cachers mention what a terrific cache/location/find/idea etc it is, then it will get me to it. If they mention that the coordinates are way off, or that the area was disappointing, I'll most likey avoid it.