Better than Google Earth ?

The HERB5

GeocacheUK enhanced version of Local Live:

http://stats.geocacheuk.com/virtualearth/

(including Lordelphs Icons for caches :)

By the way the Aerial photography comes from GetMapping, so it mostly shot 99-2003 I beleive, but some areas have more recent imagry:

http://www2.getmapping.com/webshop/Web/Com...n/Coverage.aspx

- if you zoom in on some of the more populus areas (eg Brighton) you even get Birds eye views, as far as I know the cache placement icons are still accurate :)

If you want to try out the new 3D interface on Local Live try, here, treat with care, as it seems to have a few issues laying out the cache overlay.

Local Live seems to have better res picture, but google earth allows greater zoom in for my area.

Images can only have been a few weeks different at max. I'm judging that by the progress of the building works at Southbury Leisure centre

I'll leave it for you to see the same image in Google Earth as I can't find a way of exporting the location.

This was opened in 2002 and the local parks are set out for cricket so it could either be summer 2001 or 2002.

The aerial view on LiveLocal is slightly better quality than GoogleEarth but the picture is at least 3 or 4 years old.

However, the "Birds eye view" on LiveLocal is very new - less than six months old I reckon, and the resolution is very good and viewable from 4 different angles ;)

I'll leave it for you to see the same image in Google Earth as I can't find a way of exporting the location...

Then you've perhaps not come across: flashearth.com

You're right, but using that I get this link to the same image in google earth.

Thanks for the link.

To be pedantic :D , that link is to flashearth which display's Google Maps imagery, which is almost but not quite the same as Google Earth imagry. (Google Earth being a desktop application, not a website) ;)

If you have GE installed, then this will open the same location in Google Earth.

May I suggest www.flashearth.com it allows you to switch between Microsoft virtual earth and google maps with a click of the mouse. i have found it very useful.

Very nice site but how do they know where we live - scary! The first time we've ever been on this site and it opened up right on our house!!!

BTW, has anyone else had a go at the google maps plane simulator , it's ace!