Caching and Wild Boars

Vanya1

Im not joking. As if snakes aren't enough to worry about. Apparently Wild Boars are on the increase and my local newspaper says if you see one then the only thing you can do is run and climb a tree.

There's been a sighting in Bedfordshire :):D:)

Edited by Vanya1

Apparently Wild Boars are on the increase and my local newspaper says if you see one then the only thing you can do is run and climb a tree.

There's been a sighting in Bedfordshire :):D:rolleyes:

Wouldn't worry too much Vanya1, the Bedfordshire on Sunday had reports of a Lion in Mid Beds a few years ago, it was sighted about a mile from where I live!!! :):) Local police said "The person who reported it had just left a local pub, so we think it was just a cat or a dog" :D;)

You can always follow BoS's advice and climb a tree!! :D:D

Cheers

Nick

There's been a few sightings of Wild Boar on Dartmoor recently, especially since the release last Christmas of 100 of them by animal rights activists.

In August, I was out caching with Davy Boy at Fordsland Ledge and we both heard a distinct pig-like grunting noise but couldn't see anything!

We've also had a log for one of our caches in a remote area of Dartmoor where a Wild Boar or pig was spotted.

We have wild boar here in the Forest of Dean. Not seen any whilst out caching but they made a helluva mess of my inlaws garden on the Kymin.

Stags are rutting now and they can pose a problem.

Maybe we should all stay indoors. Its too dangerous out there with snakes, boar and stags :rolleyes:

And rain!! :D

Apparently Wild Boars are on the increase and my local newspaper says if you see one then the only thing you can do is run and climb a tree.

There's been a sighting in Bedfordshire :rolleyes::D;)

Wouldn't worry too much Vanya1, the Bedfordshire on Sunday had reports of a Lion in Mid Beds a few years ago, it was sighted about a mile from where I live!!! :D:D Local police said "The person who reported it had just left a local pub, so we think it was just a cat or a dog" :D:D

You can always follow BoS's advice and climb a tree!! :):)

Cheers

Nick

When I was out on your Curious Beds 5 yesterday I didnt see any climbable trees. Those trunks all go straight up. See I was looking just incase :P

Samurai Dan took his new bow out with us to get some practice in. I told him that trees have feelings to and he missed :)

Yup there are wallabies alive and kicking in Bucks/Oxon. Saw a dead one at the side of the road near Chinnor about a year ago. Now if you have a problem with Boars - come to France :-) Loads of them knocking about in the countryside, but since all the French go out and shoot them (or at least try) they are usually reclusive creatures.

Yup there are wallabies alive and kicking in Bucks/Oxon. Saw a dead one at the side of the road near Chinnor about a year ago. Now if you have a problem with Boars - come to France :-) Loads of them knocking about in the countryside, but since all the French go out and shoot them (or at least try) they are usually reclusive creatures.

On the other hand, rural France on a Sunday is full of armed gangs of drunk boar hunters! I know two people who have turned corners only to be shot at, and missed!

Edited by Learned Gerbil