Are west London geocachers losing their touch?

kewfriend

So I've had the summer away. I come back, set a grade 2/1 cache in Richmond which is an absolute doddle and three days on it's still undiscovered. Any suggestions in which part of the Uk it would have been found by now - Ross and Cromarty???

Getting picky unfortunately Kewfriend, i now plan for at least five/six caches in an area before i'll head off out, seeing as i did a clean sweep of Richmond a while back and there has only been 2 new caches placed since then, i'll be waiting a little while longer before heading out your way.

You need a stopwatch in sunny Keighley/Bradford/Ilkley to time the FTF - we got this GCWQGT less than 2 hours after it was published, you have to be quick around here.

On the other hand we got this one on a rare trip up north we found this one GCX8Q1 about 17 days after it had been released. It was almost a driveby... It wouldn't survive that long around here, you have to be up early to get there before the Biffas, gisaclue or Two_tykes!

The FTF race on this one GCXN8B was frantic to say the least!

I'll stop there before I start sounding sad ..... :blink:

So I've had the summer away. I come back, set a grade 2/1 cache in Richmond which is an absolute doddle and three days on it's still undiscovered.

Ah, I guess you mean RSPCA, if I'd have noticed this before today, I'd have cycled up to Richmond Park and attempted them all. I'll save it for next weekend, if I have time.

And in our defence, we've been in North Wales caching for the last two weeks!! And its gonna take several days to log them all as well, I can do without the extra ones right at the mo!

May get there this wekend if nothing else comes up, but like bhod says, we tend to look for a few caches in an area and we'd cleaned out the park a while ago! Not that I've seen you down our way yet... :blink:

I have to agree with bhodisatva.I usually do a Saturday run and will try for at least 8 to a dozen or so caches.

But since you mention it,watch out this Saturday as I may be in the area,especially as I still have to publish another cache or 2 in this large space.I will do some research for this weekend's fun.Thanks Kewfriend. :angry:

Some of us have real lives!

I also was thinking of maybe next weekend, however parking there has proved impossible the last two times I have tried to bag the nearby Richmond Park caches with quese forming for parkign places. Sunny dry weekends atthis time of yearare not the best time by any means! Notwithstanding the large free car park it is a very popular area.

I did manage to grab 2 FTF in WEST (centralish) London a few days after they were published which was a bit surprising.

I had only been to Richmond a few days before the new one was posted.. Plus am now working nights. And am now going on holiday so the rest of the caches in Richmond will have to wait.

Im sure Rodz will be hunting soon again :P I think he makes it look much busier than what it really is hehe :P

IIRC, when I looked at your new cache page I did wonder what the extra waypoint info was for.

Coz I thought I was told to: and its one diff coz it cant be the same as original.

Rodz tried and failed and emailed. To quote from my reply to him:

Its not often you are wrong on every account - so I almost feel a sense of pride.
And Rodz is very good - hmmmpph - I refuse to raise the bar on this cache .......... yet Edited by kewfriend

Well done Tomcatuk! It must be those Yorkie bars you eat. :) I was a little apprehensive about giving this very cache a go,so you have inspired my to give it a go.But since Rodz had some trouble I may well log a DNF....as Kewfriend likes us to work for our "numbers" :D

Was more luck than judgement....

Steve