Ouch! Camo Worked too well

threemuch

We are fairly new to the sport, as you probably notice from this being our first post on the forums (I think) and we have recently placed our second cache.

I though I would be clever, and do a superb camo job on a can and place it in near plain sight. It was glorious. Cachers would walk right into it, tripping over the can. All was well with the world.

Until the lawnmower man came. We fooled him good too. In six years, this spot had never been mowed, and it is my private property, adjacent to a public park. Well the guy mowing apparently thought he was doing us a favor. :(

daf7e45b-721f-45a4-a0bb-d679c366ffc7.jpg Yowch.

Edited by threemuch

Hubby is a grounds crew leader here at one of our local colleges. He walked out of the bathroom just as I brought this page up - never missed a beat. Walked right over and said, Hmm...musta' gotten run over by a mower!" Seems he's had oopsies like this happen where he works. One dud ran right into a light pole with a sprayer boom. And then said he never heard the loud crunch it made!

you're right...OUCH!

I think that I must have been the last to find the can before it got munched by lawn mower man. He was working a bit west of the GZ when I left. I really enjoyed the cammo job and the hunt.

Lawn mower man smiled and waved at me when I walked past him on the way out. I wonder if he was already forming his devious cache munching plot.

:laughing:

Why not have another cache the same size or slightly bigger, and leave chunks of the ammo can in plastic baggies as trade items? :laughing:

That is a great idea! I think we will do that.

That ammo can definitely reminds me of my time playing battlefield2 against the legions of the much more skilled 12 and under set. PWN3D for sure.

:laughing:

Why not have another cache the same size or slightly bigger, and leave chunks of the ammo can in plastic baggies as trade items? :laughing:

That is a great idea! I think we will do that.

That ammo can definitely reminds me of my time playing battlefield2 against the legions of the much more skilled 12 and under set. PWN3D for sure.

i want some. can you send some to me in reseda, ca?