Sig Items

dimkasmir

Depends on what you think little money is.

you can get wooden nickel blanks and write on them or buy labels for them.

you can get shrinkydink plastic that you can run through your ink-jet printer.

pretty much anything you can write on with a permanent marker or paint you can use as a signature item.

BTW, I enjoy finding various signature items. regardless of what they are or how much they cost to make. Around here I've seen alot of business cards, some magnets, some wooden nickels. I have yet to see a geocoin sig item in a cache though. (except for our own ;) )

I use an approximately 1.25" flattened on one side piece of glass that are commonly available at craft stores and used in vases. Using a rubber stamp with indelible ink and similar fine line pens, I create my signature item on the bottom (if you use letters, they will have to be put on backwards) and let them dry. Then I cover the bottom with clear shipping tape, using an exacto knife or something similar to cut it to fit after it's on. And there you have it. After the intial investment of pens, rubber stamp and an ink pad, the tape and stones are fairly cheap. Once you figure out your method, it goes pretty quickly too. I can make about 100 in 90 minutes or less.

I use an approximately 1.25" flattened on one side piece of glass that are commonly available at craft stores and used in vases. Using a rubber stamp with indelible ink and similar fine line pens, I create my signature item on the bottom (if you use letters, they will have to be put on backwards) and let them dry. Then I cover the bottom with clear shipping tape, using an exacto knife or something similar to cut it to fit after it's on. And there you have it. After the intial investment of pens, rubber stamp and an ink pad, the tape and stones are fairly cheap. Once you figure out your method, it goes pretty quickly too. I can make about 100 in 90 minutes or less.

We had some geobuttons made by Firehawk (A fellow cacher). He can be reached at: firehawk@clearwire.net . The price was great and the Quality even better!

Look for them in caches soon :laughing:

Edited by 501_Gang

We had some geobuttons made by Firehawk (A fellow cacher). He can be reached at: firehawk@clearwire.net . The price was great and the Quality even better!

Look for them in caches soon :laughing:

I Make custom million dollar bills which are about 1/4 size of a normal bill, laminated, printed on both sides and has my name underneath the logo. I can do just about anything with them. Very unique! Here's a sample (Click On Pic To Enlarge):

23321041513.jpg

I used "Trade Dollars" which I stamp with my Geocaching name/Ham Radio callsign VO2WW. I do this using 2mm metal stamps. After the expiry date the trade dollars can be gotten FREE from issuing groups or Banks, at least that is how I got a stash. Of course you can also use larger real coins but some say it is a no no to stamp coins however I don't know of anyone who has been jailed for stamping a silver dollar *s*

Almost like wooden nickels are the poker chips. Cheap to buy at Sam's Club or other big box stores. Buy a pack of 1" round stick-on labels at your favorite office supply store, and its time to be artistic. Use a template made available by the label manufacturer, and create your own labels via a color inkjet printer. Create two different labels, one for each side of the chip. The clay poker chips seem to make for a much better sig item than the less-expensive plastic chips, but whatever works for you.

They don't last long in caches around here, cachers like to collect them.

I do the poker chip thing. The heads side of the chip is my board avatar.

<---

For the tails side right now, I have a picture of a C-130 flying over Niagara falls, but I will probably use a different picture on the next batch.

Don't get clear labels, as they only show up good on white chips. I've been using the 1" round vinyl labels from www.onlinelabels.com

12 Sig items that cost less than $1.00:

12. goto a driving range with snorkel gear, there are lots of golf balls under the water, sign the golf ball '4' and put it into the cache --- finders love that! :D

11. goto mcdonalds and grab a bunch of forks --- sign them

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it!" :(

10. Goto a yard sale and buy the box of broken He-man figures place them in the cache and sign the log book: "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe!" :(

9. get a $1.00 notepad and drop by the local library and look for "how to oragami books" --- make some swans :D

8. find an oak tree --- pick up a bunch of acorns and sign them :)

7. buy a whole bunch of plastic bauble toys from a vending machine :D

6. marbles --- get a bunch leave a sack of them :D

5. 'legally' burn a CD of your favorite music to share with others in the cache :huh:

4. go into your closet and pull out all your Jose Canseco, Albert Belle, Dwight Gooden, Daryl Strawberry and John Rocker cards, sign them, put them in sleeves and put them in caches :o

3. leave a nickel in a cache - and hope you find a where's george before your 20th cache find :o

2. forget wooden nickels, use snapple bottle tops, they are cheapers and if you step on them you can make them sound like a cricket :D

1.wind a rubber band around a piece of wire and then put it in an envelope still wound up and label it: Baby Rattle Snake with a drawing. People can't resist opening them. :o

hehe - I think there is a sig item thread in the main forums.