Recycling Madness

ATMouse

Funny story: Got a coin in a padded envelope, which the sender had recycled. I pulled off the label to find his name underneath and re-labeled it for another coin I sent to a third collector. I just got a coin that I got from a fourth collector and discovered my label under another label. I ripped everything off and re-labeled it.

I did have to entirely encase the envelope in tape at this point.

Do you think I'll see it again..???

(and OT already...my event coin just appeared on eb@y. Oh my...)

Edited by ATMouse

If that wasn't mine, you might be about to find another one just like you described :laughing: I've reused every padded envelope I've received and purchased only a half dozen so far. I've used no10 envelopes for tokens (when my supplies are low) but prefer to put the padded envelopes out until they are 90% duct tape. At least half of the ones I've received are the same way. I've even seen some industrious cachers cut a larger padded envelope in half to make two smaller padded envelopes (plus duct tape) to save postage and help recycle. I not-so-secretly get a kick out of pulling off the old labels to see where it's been before. Kinda like reading old TB posts :lol:

I always reuse old padded envelopes to pack out going trades. :sad:

(I've got a couple of shoe boxes of them :o Why waste em!?!)

I use an Exacto knife to cut vinyl for signs at work.

Since I have all my coins shipped to me there, I will usually open them by cleanly slitting the end open with the knife.

To send traded coins out, I'll usually place them inside one of the cut (not torn) padded envelopes, staple across the open edge, and then place a piece of packing tape around the opened end.

Then I'll print out the adressee and my return address on a half sheet of paper and use packing tape to laminate and attach it to the envelope.

Quick trip to the USPS office and they are safely on their way!! :o

D-man :D

If that wasn't mine, you might be about to find another one just like you described :o I've reused every padded envelope I've received and purchased only a half dozen so far. I've used no10 envelopes for tokens (when my supplies are low) but prefer to put the padded envelopes out until they are 90% duct tape. At least half of the ones I've received are the same way. I've even seen some industrious cachers cut a larger padded envelope in half to make two smaller padded envelopes (plus duct tape) to save postage and help recycle. I not-so-secretly get a kick out of pulling off the old labels to see where it's been before. Kinda like reading old TB posts :sad:

Your packaging Rocks fox and the hound when I got your sig item today I was amazed on how nice of a job you put everything together. You inspired me. :o

You know what I love more than recycling the envelopes?

Recycling the stamps!! When $.87 or $1.11 worth of postage shows up without being cancelled by the USPS I love it!!

Might be an urban legend, but I heard the PO is going to a postmark that is visible under certain lights only, kinda invisible ink postmark :ph34r:

You know what I love more than recycling the envelopes?

Recycling the stamps!! When $.87 or $1.11 worth of postage shows up without being cancelled by the USPS I love it!!

I was under the impression that it was against the law to re-use a stamp, even one that had not been canceled. Not that I admit to having done it myself, recycling stamps was easier when they were attached to the envelope with spit instead of glue like today.

If that wasn't mine, you might be about to find another one just like you described :ph34r: I've reused every padded envelope I've received and purchased only a half dozen so far. I've used no10 envelopes for tokens (when my supplies are low) but prefer to put the padded envelopes out until they are 90% duct tape. At least half of the ones I've received are the same way. I've even seen some industrious cachers cut a larger padded envelope in half to make two smaller padded envelopes (plus duct tape) to save postage and help recycle. I not-so-secretly get a kick out of pulling off the old labels to see where it's been before. Kinda like reading old TB posts ;)

Your packaging Rocks fox and the hound when I got your sig item today I was amazed on how nice of a job you put everything together. You inspired me. :lol:

Thanks for the kudos! But just wait 'til you see one our #10 Duct Tape Specials :ph34r:

I was under the impression that it was against the law to re-use a stamp, even one that had not been canceled. Not that I admit to having done it myself, recycling stamps was easier when they were attached to the envelope with spit instead of glue like today.

:ph34r: It is against the law... ;) If the envelope has NO markings by the post office, you can bing it to the post office & they will give 1/2 the amount of the postage back, if they want to...

On the flip side:

I love the new sticky stamps cause I use a hairdryer to heat the adheasive & the stamp pulls off if you pull slow!!! :ph34r:

If that wasn't mine, you might be about to find another one just like you described ;) I've reused every padded envelope I've received and purchased only a half dozen so far. I've used no10 envelopes for tokens (when my supplies are low) but prefer to put the padded envelopes out until they are 90% duct tape. At least half of the ones I've received are the same way. I've even seen some industrious cachers cut a larger padded envelope in half to make two smaller padded envelopes (plus duct tape) to save postage and help recycle. I not-so-secretly get a kick out of pulling off the old labels to see where it's been before. Kinda like reading old TB posts :ph34r:

Your packaging Rocks fox and the hound when I got your sig item today I was amazed on how nice of a job you put everything together. You inspired me. :lol:

Thanks for the kudos! But just wait 'til you see one our #10 Duct Tape Specials :ph34r:

LOL yeah on ocassion I like to wrap up some stuff with Duct tape with little taunts while they unwrap them.