The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Ok one last go, courtesy of a conversation with a former colleague who keeps chickens.

• MrsB = Lucia
  • Lucia = Andalusia
  • Andalusia = Southern Spain
  • Andalusian bird = Andalusian Blue, rare breed of chicken
  • Foot short of a digit because chickens only have four toes - this bit is pure speculation as I don't have a chicken handy for reference but I'm sure they have three toes and a little spur sticking out the back which is probably a counts as a toe.

Oh yes, the senior female muggle at Fett Towers suggests the Andalusian Horse, as horses apparently, have only four toes on their front feet.

:laughing: /Jango mills about looking not particularly hopefull/ :laughing:

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

MrsB gives Jango a ding ! for sheer perseverance, rather than total accuracy :laughing:

The Andalusian hemipode

or Small Button Quail (Clue: "I fear...." geddit?) will be saddened to known that it has passed from the memory of British Twitchers. These cute little creatures would occasionally holiday in this country, but have not been seen for many a year. Possibly due to unfavourable exchange rates and their tendancy to fall over backwards due to the lack of a hind toe....

NHM-UK_L_117022_206_W_1.jpg

Over to you then, Jango :laughing:

Many thanks for your generosity MrsB. :laughing:

Well as a counterpoint to the thread on cache saturation, and in an attempt to demonstrate that this thread does (occasionally) have a GeoCaching content here is my question:

Which is the most isolated GeoCache on the British mainland? (furthest from its nearest neighbouring cache)

{Oh yes to limit flooding risk I'll take your first answer and best suggestion by teatime wins}

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

GCJVHA is pretty remote - you need a fishing trawler. I know that there are three caches on Lifeboyes and one on a teeny remote island in the middle of the Irish sea, but I couldnt find the link to help me track those down!

Also depends on your point of view - some of the islands are considered part of the UK mainland

Edited by Alice Band

I believe there are 4 caches on Barra and two on Tiree (Balephetrish Bay GCGYV7), unfortunately Barra and Tiree are offshore islands and not part of that large island known as the British mainland or the island of Great Britain. Sorry :laughing:

If that is right then they would be independent states, which they aren't. They still fall under Scottish mainland decrees.

For another remote mainland cache, what about this one?

Edited by Alice Band

If that is right then they would be independent states, which they aren't. They still fall under Scottish mainland decrees.

For another remote mainland cache, what about this one?

Its a Pub Quiz so its the quizmaster's little card that counts, so far two submissions:

Out On Alimb - 17.4km from nearest neighbour cache

Lizard Point - 2.8 km from nearest neighbour cache

So that's a bit of a Rum do, and it looks like someone's going to end up with Egg on their face. :blink:

That would be GCPNZJ then.

Someone else can ask the next question, as I won't be around to ding.

Sorry, just back from Boba's school concert - three hours of recorder music; bliss. :blink:

Yep its Rum and Egg which is 30.8 km from its nearest neighbour Strontianite. So the free pass from Pengy & Tigger goes to Fiona with Out on a Limb, or Alice if there's no Nutters about. :blink:

Is (GCB59F) Out on a limb by The Cave Troll really the most remote cache on the big island of Britain? Wow. I had no idea when I did it. Cool. :blink:

Edit: No, it's not, but it might have been when I visited in June last year. Then the nearest still listed was/is 27.2 miles away. It's now 10.8m (but it's disabled. The next nearest is 26.3miles away).

Here are some others I found:

(GC3287) The Water of Ae by The Relic Hunters at 13.7miles.

(GCHAPB) Ben Griam Mor by Naefearjustbeer at 14.5m.

(GCPNZJ) Rum & Egg by Team Gundi at 19.2miles - best I can find on the mainland using this helpful map:

uk-caches.jpg

Edited by Simply Paul

I've just been prodded by Jango's very efficient mercenary poking stick to post a question, so here' s one for all you lovely people who happen to know who Alice Band really is:

Where do the Gods retire to later in the day after appearing to the masses?

Two questions. I need both answers from the same person to get your Ding!

What's the next number in this sequence: 2, 6, 15, 35, 77.

How many Peaks are there in The Peak District?

The next number in the sequence is 165.

There are actually no real "peaks" in the Peak District as the hills

are gentle and rounded slopes (I'm hoping it's the trick question answer you wanted).

Woa!

Daytribe answered that there are no "Peaks" in "The Peak District". That's true. There are no Peaks in "the Peak District". There is an occurence of the word "Peak" in "The Peak District" but no occurences of the word "Peaks" in "The Peak District".

Daytribe also answered the numerical question correctly.

Anyway, what's this thing of having to answer two questions at once. Why two and not simply one? Or is there some kind of connection between the number 143 and the number of peaks in the Peak District?

Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop? - off caching for a few hours so best answer wins. :o

The same person that put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong.

Didn't he also put the Dit in the Dit der Dit der Dit? If so then I reckon it was Samuel Morse.

Would have accepted Barry Morse who wrote it, The Vicounts who had a hit with it or even Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers or The Worzels who covered it. That said MartyBarfast's answer made me laugh so DING and over to you, MartyBarfast :)

Sorry, for delay!

Kate's abilities as a soldier soon earned the respect of ????? and they became firm friends, particularly when ????? sought her advice over his split with Nancy.

Name ????? and the program...

Well I seem to remember Richard Sharpe (of the Bernard Cornwell novels) had a bit of totty by the name of Nancy, I guess he program was "Sharpe's something or other".

[edit to add his Christian name]

Edited by MartyBartfast

Sorry, for delay!

Kate's abilities as a soldier soon earned the respect of ????? and they became firm friends, particularly when ????? sought her advice over his split with Nancy.

Well I seem to remember Richard Sharpe (of the Bernard Cornwell novels) had a bit of totty by the name of Nancy, I guess he program was "Sharpe's something or other".

Nope. :D

Sorry, for delay!

Nope. :D

Paddy. Soldier Soldier