The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

Accrington | Aston Villa | Blackburn Rovers | Bolton Wanderers | Burnley | Derby County | Everton | Notts County | Preston North End | Stoke City | West Bromwich Albion | Wolverhampton Wanderers

Name the original 12 members of the English football League.

Accrington | Aston Villa | Blackburn Rovers | Bolton Wanderers | Burnley | Derby County | Everton | Notts County | Preston North End | Stoke City | West Bromwich Albion | Wolverhampton Wanderers

Ding! :)

Which planet has an orbital period of 687 days?

Ding! :)

A bit of dialogue for you. Where did it come from?

Cheviot: "It's only two percent."

Grossman: "Two percent is 26 million consumers, Ben! Once they start switching channels, it's war! You know that!"

Cheviot: "It happens all the time. We're used to it."

Sounds like something from "Max Headroom"

(and if so, that's real spooky, coz I was looking up a link for Matt Frewer earlier on!)

Paul

th-parkinson.gif

Hmmm....I was going to suggest that cricket pundit fella Richie Beneaut (probably spelled wrong).

Then I hit the 'reply' button and noticed that it quoted the name of the image file in the text prefixing my reply. I think I've decided to change my mind - could it possibly be popular chat show host Michael Parkinson?

Ah - the idea is you do it without cheating! <_<

Cheating? Well it was a Google-free cheat, so I guess I can get away with it with a clean conscience.

OK, a slightly geeky question for you then...what is numerically interesting about the seeds of a sunflower? (there's a 'Da Vinci Code' link here, if you need a clue)

11 feet wide - mh seems a little narrow, so I'm going with a canal aqueduct and given that its 120 feet high my guess is its the one that you see out the drivers side window from the A5 on you way to the hills. The canal's the Llangollen canal and the place called Froncysyllte GR SJ270420, though I notice from the map that the village on the other side is called Trevor. The river that gets crossed is the Afon Dyfrdwy (or River Dee for any anglophones out there) - I've got a suspicion that its architect was Thomas Telford (who also was responsible for the A5 itself), and Telford was born in Langholm in Dumfries & Galloway which with 21 active caches has the lowest cache density of any of the post 1974 local government administrative areas in the UK. Can I stop now, is that precise enough - oh yes the Ifor Williams trailer factory is just up the road at Corwen which is close to that place that sells those giant butterflies you can stick on the side of your house. <_<

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett

In actual fact it's not quite precise enough :rolleyes:

Its the cast iron trough that carries the cut that fits those dimensions :)

But I'll give it you 'cos you knew so much abouot it and Thomas T :anibad::blink::)

dodgydaved

PS Although Tom designed it I believe there are doubts as to whether or not he was the engineer oin the project!

Tay bridge?

Assuming I'm right.

- the clue gave it away, the peom is in Horrible Histories, I looked it up a couple of weeks ago to see if it was real and Topaz is the house my son is in at school, so making it memorable.

I've not got time to set a question (work, boo :) ) - if necessary would someone do the honours. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kitty Hawk

DING!!! - you even got the name of the bridge corrrect as there is no "Rail" in the Tay Bridge,

and as you say the poet was William Topaz McGgonagall:

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay!

Alas! I am very sorry to say

That ninety lives have been taken away

On the last Sabbath day of 1879,

Which will be remember'd for a very long time.

- over to you Kitty Hawk