The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

It has to be faster than 2 hours if it flies at 2,000mph and is traversing 3,300 miles (New York to London). So let's go with 1 hour and 40 minutes. I've seen one of these (and touched it when they weren't looking) at Dayton's Airforce Museum.

***I was answering as NickPick got it. :laughing:

Edited by Couparangus

It has to be faster than 2 hours if it flies at 2,000mph and is traversing 3,300 miles (New York to London). So let's go with 1 hour and 40 minutes. I've seen one of these (and touched it when they weren't looking) at Dayton's Airforce Museum.

***I was answering as NickPick got it. :tired:

SR71 Transatlantic record

3,461 miles at 1,807 miles an hour. It had to slow down to refuel which accounts for the extra few minutes! :laughing:

Cheers!

Seasider

Not sure if this is a Pink Floyd Question, but that's my frame of reference.

She did electronic music before most other people. Pink Floyd worked with her in the late 60's, but she was already respected at that point for the Dr Who theme tune

Edited by Kitty Hawk

Not sure if this is a Pink Floyd Question, but that's my frame of reference.

She did electronic music before most other people. Pink Floyd worked with her in the late 60's, but she was already respected at that point for the Dr Who theme tune

It's not a pink floyd question, but she was most famous for creating the Dr Who music in 1963.

Your turn.

Who's the odd one out, and why?

- Beryl Bainbridge (author)

- Salvador Dali (painter)

- John DeLorean (conman)

- Robin Askwith (actor)

A bit of a guess, but here goes...

John DeLorean (conman) - the only one not to have worked in the advertising industry

I don't know if that's right, but it isn't what I was looking for.

BTW, if I give the answer "No", it might or might not mean that the person or the reason is wrong.

Off for a continental question

Not sure what form that would take... less bacon and eggs? :P ruder? :huh:

Who's the odd one out, and why?

- Beryl Bainbridge (author)

- Salvador Dali (painter)

- John DeLorean (conman)

- Robin Askwith (actor)

Al but Robin Asquith leaders of The Knights Templer?

National Service except Beryl who volunteered.

Did three of them start up small car companies before finding their niche in life. John started his car company after becoming rich & famous (or at least renowned)

Did all of them have spells in prison before they were famous, except John who waited until after?

Did all of them have spells in prison before they were famous, except John who waited until after?

Now this is getting warmer in two ways:

- DeLorean is indeed the odd-one out

- the thing which happened to the others would normally not be propitious for their future

Now this is getting warmer in two ways:

- DeLorean is indeed the odd-one out

- the thing which happened to the others would normally not be propitious for their future

Were the other three done for using/dealing drugs ?

DeLorean was done for dealing after he was famous