Where To Buy Quality Geocoins

Suzyfishn

I'm looking for recommendations for companies that create the best custom (metal) geocoins. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

We have a public geocaching event coming to Sunriver, Oregon in October and are looking to create a commemorative coin. We'd like nice quality at a decent price. We will probably order a limited number of no more than 200.

Suggestions can be e-mailed through the geocaching web site under the name suzyfishn or e-mail me directly at skisuzy1@yahoo.com

Thank you and happy caching!

Oh boy, where's that can of worms image when you need it!??!!?

There's a lot of places to have coins made. I'd start with the list that's pinned at the top of these boards and then look at sample coins that you like (somebody's collection) to see what the quality is like.

You're going to get a lot of emails with opinions on why you should go one way or another, and some emails directly from the coin companies themselves telling you why they are best.

I'd recommend actually looking at and handling coins from somebody's collection to see the quality you like.

Good luck.

From posts I have read, I think several folks would recommend you not use KV Coins.

Although I have not had any geocoins made, I'm in the planning stages myself and I agree with Kealia. If you can personally inspect coins that are similiar to the type and finish you intend to make, it can certainly help in your decision making process.

Good luck!

From posts I have read, I think several folks would recommend you not use KV Coins.

And I have read, that many folks have made here geocoins by KV Coins without any problems! :ph34r:

I have a lot of great looking geocoins made by KV in my collection.

They have made some great looking coins. All of the problems with KV seem to be with how long the process takes from design to shipping the coins from the minter.

--Marky

Oh boy, where's that can of worms image when you need it!??!!?

There's a lot of places to have coins made. I'd start with the list that's pinned at the top of these boards and then look at sample coins that you like (somebody's collection) to see what the quality is like.

You're going to get a lot of emails with opinions on why you should go one way or another, and some emails directly from the coin companies themselves telling you why they are best.

I'd recommend actually looking at and handling coins from somebody's collection to see the quality you like.

Good luck.

can_of_worms.jpg

BTW: Work directly with a manufacturer. These are the same guys that the middle men use. It is not a big deal. Do some internet searching to find out who they are.

Edited by Phantom_Dog

We like the guys at the geocoin store.

has every one of there coins turned out the best? Maybe not but they seemed to have put out way more coins that anyone else. that = experience. Knowing what works and what does not. Sometimes you have to find out what does not work the hard way :ph34r:

The guys are the coin store are the ones that started the original geocoin club. They have done a lot of very cool and unique coins.

Suzyfishn,

If you wish to know anything there is to know about coins, the forum users have started many helpful links all about this subject, which have been pinned into a single thread at the top of these forums to keep them handy. Click on this link which is aptly named "The Reference, Shipping, Activating, Minting, Adopting, Shopping, Courtesy, Do's And Don't Guide To Geocoins, One stop shopping - read here first!" If you still don't see all you need to know there, feel free to ask here. The other pinned threads are the guidelines to the geocoins forums, the Groundspeak Current Coin Tracking Policy and the Geocoin Trading thread

These links should fill in most of the answers for you.

Edited by Eartha