Any Interest In A Camping Event On Anglesey?

After last years successful Anglo-Irish cache event it's time to consider this years event. So I'm just making inquiry's to see if there is enough interest to carry on with the planning?

Dates Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th of September.

Location Plas-Uchaf

The cost:£3 per Pitch per night, £1 per person per night, £2 per night for Electric Hook up.

The site has a rally field which can accomindate 20 units, any overspill will go on the main part of the site.

Aims and ideas for the weekend. Friday night hold a meet and greet. Saturday members of the UK caching community to take our visitors from Ireland, around Anglesey and the main land caching. Regrouping Saturday evening to discus the days caching. I have already had interest shown from several Irish cachers.

Places on the rally field will be allocated in the order that interest is shown.

If the event goes ahead there will a deposit of £5 charged per booking.

Dave :tired:

Since I didn't get custody of the tent when we split up, I'll probably come, but for the day!

We are interested in coming too. Are dogs allowed?

We have a spare tent Hazel but not the gear, but you are welcome to use it. Its brand new and never been used either.

Lolly

Since I didn't get custody of the tent when we split up, I'll probably come, but for the day!

We are interested in coming too. Are dogs allowed?

We have a spare tent Hazel but not the gear, but you are welcome to use it. Its brand new and never been used either.

Lolly

Yes Dogs are welcome onsite.

Hazel forget about house hunting buy your self a camping starter set :unsure:

Dave

Hee hee... Thanks guys...

I'm used to an all mod cons Trailer tent including electric!!

(couldn't plug me hairdryer into an ordinary tent!)

Anyway - Sandiway Searchers want to come in the caravan and so I'll doss down in luxury with them thanks!!

Edited to say: make that 3 adults, one caravan, one awning, electric hook up, Fi and Sat night but I'll bring my car as well as theirs and we'll take the 106 cache mobile out caching!!!

Edited by HazelS

We would love to come, but I think our lives would not be worth living if we were to go on such a caching trip on our daughters 16th birthday :unsure::):laughing:

Think it's best if we give this one a miss :) , hope you all have a great time though.

I'm sure she would like to have a party at home with her friends, while your away for the week end.

Ok we currently have the following interested :(

Mancunian Pyrocacher

Hezikiah

The Windsockers

Wizard1974uk

Stora

Lollybob

The West Viewers

HazelS&Sandiway Searchers

Cave Troll & Eyore

Sparticus

Peace Star & Rivi Spike

We'll contact the campsite tomorrow and confirm the booking for the rally Field. We still have 9 pitches available on the Rally field. :(

Dave

We (my secretary and I <_< ) paid a visit to the site yesterday and had a guided tour of the owner. All the facility's (toilets/showers. pot washing room) are 5*. The site operates a "No Overcrowding" policy which has to be seen to be believed as there is so much of the site which is not used for pitches (one row of pitches either side of the road where other sites would have at least 2). The Rally field has 14 EHU's and the owner has state that we may have 24 pitches if we don't mind putting a row of 4 tents in the middle (which will still leave enough room for 2 artics to play tag). The site caters for children who have a small adventure playground, tennis/badminton court and a football area also a small games room for 6 to 13 year olds. It is dog friendly and has a Dog Walk area (with a bag it and Bin it Policy). There are several communal freezers for freezing Ice Blocks.

Some poor photos :PHere

I'm currently in the middle of creating the Event page.

Dave

Bump....................

Haven't heard anything about deposits yet ??

I guess I'm just to laid back :) I'll be contacting those who wish a pitch later on this week!

If anyone else is interested there are still pitches available at Flapping Draig-UK/Irish Event 2006 (Anglesey)

Don't forget to bring your flag poles with you :) , I've already had it confirmed that one happy camper is bring his/hers <_<

Stall4.JPG

Dave :)

We need a geocaching flag!

Does anyone know where you can get one? or two or three B)

I asked the same question on the general forum and apparently there are no manufacturers producing geocaching flags, and it would cost over £400 to have one specially made B)

Has anyone made one themselves?

Now my head is in "How can I make one mode" B)

As if I have not got enought to do for the carnival in less than 3 weeks time!! B)

1 40 ft artic to decorate and I am in a cant be ar**d ...sooner go caching mode!

Now making a geocaching flag is far better than the carnival!! Hope my boss doesnt see this :huh:

That reminds me....I had better go to WORK!! :PB):P

Unprinted White Flags and T Shirt Transfer paper and hey presto 1 Geocaching Flag :)

Dave :)

Hey Dave....would you believe you just sorted 2 problems out with your reply..THANK YOU!!

We needed some pirate flags for the carnival...now thats one less job for me!!

I am a little unsure about the T-shirt transfer paper on them flags tho as it has to be ironed on hot.

Has anyone ever used the tranfer paper on 100% polyester before???

Thanks for link. :lol: