Most Dnfs?

I returned to one particularly-devious Multi four times before finally finding all the waypoints and then the final cache.

That is unusual for me however. I live in a rural area and if I don't find a cache the first time after driving a long distance, I might never go back to find it.

I would rather go someplace new the next time I head out. :lol:

I went out to a particular cache 5 times before I found it. I logged 2 DNF's on the cache page. This cache would have been a mile in and out in a 1.5 to 2 terrain rating. Easy enough to do but very time consuming. I had a dual sport motorcycle that helped.

I will say this.....I DO NOT go back out second time anymore if I have given the cache the old geocaching search try. I don't need a number that bad.

When I first started there was a 4-part multi within 2 miles of my home. Starting out, I looked for the final container almost every week for two months. I logged a DNF five times before I put everything together and decided I would stay at the site for hours until I found the thing. The cache owner had placed the cache two years before and had moved away. He was kind of fuzzy as to the final location. Side of a cliff, small cave. yada yada. When I got there, I walked up to the obvious spot, reached in and pulled out the cache. Nothing like experience to help you find the cache. Although the cache was not rated particularly difficult, it still rates as one of my favorite finds. Keep trying